Jump to content Jump to content

delete the view blocking bar of the honda


Recommended Posts

hi to all in this week racenet challenge on the endurance section 

you have to race 3 laps on spa reversed

the cars are the nismo gtr 35 and the honda hsv-010

i chose the honda and on the interior cam it has a bar who 

don't let you see the track well

here it is 





Link to post
Share on other sites
they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility, a little bar blocking a small portion of their line of sight is the least of their concerns. especially if that bar is part of a structure designed to save their lives in a crash. annoying for average joe, yeah, but its what the real car has, so ill roll with it. i prefer the handling on the nissan anyways!
Link to post
Share on other sites
alexPSCE said:
they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility, a little bar blocking a small portion of their line of sight is the least of their concerns. especially if that bar is part of a structure designed to save their lives in a crash. annoying for average joe, yeah, but its what the real car has, so ill roll with it. i prefer the handling on the nissan anyways!
i feel the nissan a lot more light than this one + because that bar i rolled out of track a couple of times lol and i had the luck to know the track well because it's my favorite track 
Link to post
Share on other sites
alexPSCE said:
they are pro drivers, they know how to work around limited visibility
It’s not even that — in real life your eyes focus beyond things that are on your windscreen, and you can move your head by tiny amounts when you have to. Otherwise you’d freak out every time you used your windscreen wipers.

Unfortunately, you can’t do that on a flat screen TV.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
I remember one of the other designers emailing the art team about this because we refused to believe that the real car would have that bar there. Half a morning of incredulous onboard watching later, we were forced to accept it!

Great car though. We just...tend to play that one from bonnet cam!
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sure it should block the view actually. It's hard to find pictures from the real car, but I found this: http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=672&d=1326824641

And it doesn't look like it blocks the view from here.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar97 said:
I'm not sure it should block the view actually. It's hard to find pictures from the real car, but I found this: http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=672&d=1326824641

And it doesn't look like it blocks the view from here.
oh boy it has a cheese grater! :D + related to the bar i would feel a little bit unconfortable racing that car, but at least i can eat pasta inside of it, great thing for endurance races!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Britpoint said:
I remember one of the other designers emailing the art team about this because we refused to believe that the real car would have that bar there. Half a morning of incredulous onboard watching later, we were forced to accept it!

Great car though. We just...tend to play that one from bonnet cam!

i too stick to bonnet cam on many of the vehicles, but props for keeping some of the key elements, such as the annoying bar that blocks our vision. its the realism that keeps me playing grid and grid autosport
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...