Sign in to follow this  

Why are repairs even in this game?

All they do is suck money from players, my Panspeed RX7 only has 280km on it & not one "Major Crash". In events I tend to finish without any damage but the car costs over $3000 in repairs every race. Considering in Custom Cups where I race in Time Attacks with friends max earnings are above $4000 at most, I hardly make any money. What's the point?

I think the idea it's OK but not in that scale of costs, or even the number of hits, the impacts on the race should affect it and on a minor scale the racing itself, a few weeks ago I played time attack, I made a super duper clean race, no hits no nothing and i had to pay almost 4k of damages and the race paid me 2.8k that's not right, I mean c'mon i didn't even was racing with manual transmission to have a reason to pay that amount

I think they forgot what makes a fun game.  We want a game that works like we expect it to work.  A bunch of cars driving
Exactly, the entire thing........we have to pay to for the pleasure to purchase a car if our garage is full and if we are ranked high enough we have to pay more.  We have to pay to restore our damaged vehicles, which  most of the time cost more than we receive when we win even if we come in first place and even if we havnt hit anything or anyone.  I just want to race.  I like the old xp system used back in the toca days.  Why should I ever have to pay for a garage.  Seriously, you guys are taking this too seriously.  I just want to race.

I think they forgot what makes a fun game.  We want a game that works like we expect it to work.  A bunch of cars driving
+I think it's ok to bring some things of simulators, remember the real spirit of grid(real grid) is that, not a sim nor an arcade either 

+i hate the wreckers on this game or the people who doesn't know how to brake on hairpins turns and hits you very bad ruining the race + your impact rate + almost bankrupt sometimes, when i started after three races i had 23 of those dollars on my account
you should play open wheel the repair expenses aren't that bad and it's a very clean racing discipline after all 

+if the costs of repairs are making you crazy why won't you try the racenet challenges? make the five ones on gold and you have 10k for each discipline and at the end of the week you will win 200-300k they are very useful to save you from bankrupt 

they went as realistic as they could, yes that includes repair costs. this game is a programmed model of the saying "in racing, you make a small fortune out of a big fortune". that said, they may want to lower the repair costs. eliminate the repairs? NO! repairs mean dirty drivers pay the price. take out repairs, tactile drivers dream. allow adjustments, or just a set small decrease in costs, such that a clean driver always makes money each race? that i can agree with. that said, im a driver, so if im playing a video game, i love realism. if you want arcade sillyness, play NFS or dirt showdown. grid always has hints of realism, from the original at least, and as a driver ill be ripped if the game suddenly becomes an arcade bash fest! keep it real and keep it fun, or hey, maybe add "hardcore mode" option- current costs, and "casual mode"- relaxed damage, and costs. then the guys who value realism get their realism, and the guys who dont care as long as they can make a million dollars an hour can have their fun too!

First of all I never said what was quoted from me:  I think they forgot what makes a fun game.  We want a game that works like we expect it to work.  A bunch of cars.

My Cat B touring car is level 19 and I'm running the weekly challenge with it.  Average rewards from the challenge is in the 8k-9k region and the repair bill is now at 8.5k per race every race and will keep rising every level.  I had wanted to get it to level 50 but I dread to think what the costs to maintain it will be then.  Tempted to sell it and get my 500k back but am just letting it sit in the garage at the moment and using a loan car until I decide what to do.

On the other side of the coin, my Golf can win me about 10k in the current weekly challenge but only costs me about 1.5k or so per race (and that car is around level 60).

I don't think repair costs should be removed but there needs to be a rebalancing otherwise people will only have garages full of Golfs and M3's as they are the sort of cars that won't suck  away all your cash.  I don't really want to grind for cash with my Golf so I can afford to race my touring car if I do decide to get it to level 50.

First of all I never said what was quoted from me:  I think they forgot what makes a fun game.  We want a game that works like we expect it to work.  A bunch of cars.

shows on my screen you did~ most likely an error from the forums? not intentional, no idea who DID say it, but the forums autoset the OP of that comment on you, sorry if it offends you but there is bugger all i can do about it, if you would like ill remove the quote until it lets me quote the correct person- alex98sc10

Raylion said:
I don't think repair costs should be removed but there needs to be a rebalancing otherwise people will only have garages full of Golfs and M3's as they are the sort of cars that won't suck  away all your cash.  I don't really want to grind for cash with my Golf so I can afford to race my touring car if I do decide to get it to level 50.
This is what everyone is asking for. Nor for it to be removed, but for brand new cars not being worn down to 70% after just several races.

I had only 2% damage on my Nissan GT-R 35 GT Group 1 and had a $1500 damage bill. I get the costs for repair should be there, I don't get that sponsors are only giving you no money to race and some cars have no chance of making money due to lack of ability to put sponsors on the car (like my Nissan above).

This needs to be addressed in rewards for the race or sponsorship. Sponsorship would be ideal, but for cars like the Nissan that's not viable (licensing reasons apparently). So for cars like that there needs to be some other way to manage costs (reduction of repair costs or increase for race rewards for that type of car would be the two obvious methods).

What i dont understand is that driving a clean race gives the same repair bill as when you wreck your car.
Maybe its a bug but i have done some testing and it doesnt seem like bad driving gives you any bigger repair bill.
I did several clean races first and then i did several races where i had red damage on several components.
Repair bill was the same. 

I also dont understand why the repair bill increase so fast. I've hardly driven anything with my new cars and im already having 8-10% damage on my cars after clean race.
And when i see the used cars i have which have a lot of drive time only get 4% damage....

alexPSCE said:

shows on my screen you did~ most likely an error from the forums? not intentional, no idea who DID say it, but the forums autoset the OP of that comment on you, sorry if it offends you but there is bugger all i can do about it, if you would like ill remove the quote until it lets me quote the correct person- alex98sc10
Sorry, I did indeed say that now that I go through the entire thread.  I was drinking last night.

They need to look into this topic.

Yesterday Ihad to repair my R8 twice for 45k because one time it wasn't saved. And I think, the higher the car level/tuning, the higher the deterioration becomes. Why else should one car lose 2% in a race and the other 15%? Both are new and don't have 500km on the clock...

They need to look into this topic.

Yesterday Ihad to repair my R8 twice for 45k because one time it wasn't saved. And I think, the higher the car level/tuning, the higher the deterioration becomes. Why else should one car lose 2% in a race and the other 15%? Both are new and don't have 500km on the clock...

I've noticed that also, the more upgrades my Panspeed RX7 has, the more expensive it is to service. But it definitely needs to be looked into. I like the general idea of repairs (contradictory to my title yes I know) but this is ridiculous.

The next thing is: this is intended. Okay, thats maybe just because it wouldn't take much time to buy a bugatti veyron or something similar. That's okay. Since racenet informs you, that you should by new cars to save money (due to deterioration) and if you buy the same car, you'll lose all the levels (I tested it with a low leveled Dallara and I began at level 1), the conlusion is the following: it is not intended to drive a year with the same max. tuned car. I don't know how much the costs will become if you drive 500.000km with the same car, but due to this information, it seems that  new car costs+deterioration costs+tuning costs<max. tuned old car + deterioration costs.

Given that information, which does make sense, why force is to earn a trophy for getting a car up to level 99?