Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong wheel size...again

It is sad to say f1 2016 still features completely wrong steering wheel sizes. In particular Williams, toro rosso and sauber ones look much smaller than real life. Is there an explanation for this choice?

It's all perspective isn't it, it's hard to tell if they're too small unless you've sat in the car with the steering wheel

• Body is 40 characters too short.

i think the toro rosso's wheel size is correct by comparing the two images (but it's difficult to say).
The williams one is actually smaller (and the display is too). 

Yeah, this is the second year in a row when the wheels are too small in Williams and Sauber... We have pointed this out last year and nothing has been done, for whole Year I have been hoping to see proper size wheels.. Codies, why is that You cant change it?

My only hope is they add a field of view editor
that wont help the wheels being to small for the car because both the wheel and car will change together using that adjustment.

Does it really matter that much? F1 2016 is already looking like the best game so far and I'm sure a steering wheel size won't affect your gameplay whatsoever. If you nitpick every single detail then of course there is going to be differences. Be happy the game is so good and honestly a steering wheel size is not the be all and end all of the world. 

this is actually a pretty big issue because its smaller by such a huge amount they look weird. 

kevinkirk said:
this is actually a pretty big issue because its smaller by such a huge amount they look weird. 
It's not like you are going to be focusing on the steering wheel while you are driving - let it slide, codemasters probably aren't going to change it anyway

phurple said:
Does it really matter that much? F1 2016 is already looking like the best game so far and I'm sure a steering wheel size won't affect your gameplay whatsoever. If you nitpick every single detail then of course there is going to be differences. Be happy the game is so good and honestly a steering wheel size is not the be all and end all of the world. 
This is far from nitpicking. Its something that we will be staring at for hours on end. We will be staring at it the whole time we are playing the game. Nitpicking is something that you hardly can notice or never see.

I've been told in the past that size doesn't matter... ;)

kevinkirk said:
phurple said:
This is far from nitpicking. Its something that we will be staring at for hours on end. We will be staring at it the whole time we are playing the game. Nitpicking is something that you hardly can notice or never see.
As I say, codemasters most likely aren't going to change it so just get on with it and look forward to the game

phurple said:

It's not like you are going to be focusing on the steering wheel while you are driving - let it slide, codemasters probably aren't going to change it anyway
Gee, I was wanting the wheels to be correct and look normal but now I don't because some random guy on the internet told me I wont be focused on something right in front of my face and I should just let it slide.

Ever think you worry too much about small things?

It is nitpicking, if this is the biggest issue on launch day we've got a hell of a game on our hands

kevinkirk said:
phurple said:
 Its something that we will be staring at for hours on end. We will be staring at it the whole time we are playing the game.
Ah, that's where you're going wrong. Try looking at the track ;)

Gav25182 said:

kevinkirk said:
phurple said:
 Its something that we will be staring at for hours on end. We will be staring at it the whole time we are playing the game.
What part of the wheel being right in front of my face are you having trouble with?  

kevinkirk said:
Gav25182 said:

kevinkirk said:
phurple said:
What part of the wheel being right in front of my face are you having trouble with?  
The fact that if the wheel is right in front of your face you can't see anything else can you?

Though you do seem the type to stare at the steering wheel and then rage quit because you are in a wall.

Focus on the track and stop crying.

Gav25182 said:
kevinkirk said:
Gav25182 said:

kevinkirk said:
phurple said:
The fact that if the wheel is right in front of your face you can't see anything else can you?

Though you do seem the type to stare at the steering wheel and then rage quit because you are in a wall.

Focus on the track and stop crying.
This made my day xD honestly i hardly look at the steering wheels, to busy focusing on the track or another car

My only hope is they add a field of view editor
I am pretty sure I can say this because the NDA is lifted but there is a full FOV/POV and height/width editor for cockpit in F1 2016 like the PC version of 2015 but as far as I know none for T-cam