Sign in to follow this  

did anyone get an email to announce the new forum?

It would have been nice to get a heads up about the forum being back online

I thought they were going to send out a newsletter to announce it, but then again, the forum is still early days/in testing (?) so perhaps they are waiting to iron out some bugs before sending out the e-mail?

SynGamer said:
I thought they were going to send out a newsletter to announce it, but then again, the forum is still early days/in testing (?) so perhaps they are waiting to iron out some bugs before sending out the e-mail?
possibly it's only been up and running a couple of days

I'm sure we'll mention the forums in a newsletter at some point, however we didn't want the forums to be completely bombarded straight out of the gate.

Idea is to get a few users on here and when we're confident of the stability and there's no "YOU MUST FIX THIS" we can go wider.

Loore said:
I'm sure we'll mention the forums in a newsletter at some point, however we didn't want the forums to be completely bombarded straight out of the gate.

Idea is to get a few users on here and when we're confident of the stability and there's no "YOU MUST FIX THIS" we can go wider.
had a feeling that was the case had 1 or 2 problems logging in earlier when I came to check in so I think there aer still one ot 2 things that need ironing out

Loore said:

had a feeling that was the case had 1 or 2 problems logging in earlier when I came to check in so I think there aer still one ot 2 things that need ironing out
Was a DNS issue with our hosts, totally out of our hands sadly :( They were quick on the case though and quickly fixed the problem, shouldn't be any issues atm.

Loore said:
Loore said:

Was a DNS issue with our hosts, totally out of our hands sadly :( They were quick on the case though and quickly fixed the problem, shouldn't be any issues atm.
well I haven't had any issues today yet (touches wood)

Credit where credit is due.

The new forums are much better than the last ones, except for the tiny avatar box, and seem to have a very logical and efficient feel to working through them . . . although I still haven't found the smilies ? . . . erm, yes I have, lol . . 
8-X

yeah agree Captain Jack i liked big avator photos in old forums but the new one is better and easier to find what you want...
I think codies put the  skeletor emotion face dedicated to assiemodis.. 8-X

:))

The smiles are in the top right of the 'leave a comment box'. The button is a little smiley face with a small arrow pointing down. :) 

I just decided to check today at random. That's how I found out.

So anyone have any predictions as to when they shut this forum down and erase all posts that members have made without warning like they always have in the past??

how do i change my avatar? there is no option on the profile page. btw i love the new default avatars. little aztec faces!

how do i change my avatar? there is no option on the profile page. btw i love the new default avatars. little aztec faces!
Should be two options Change my picture and Thumbnail.