Sign in to follow this  

Does XP have any bearing on team offers?

I'm curious if XP has any bearing on team offers?  I'm asking because I have been playing against "Very Hard" AI with basically all assists turned off.  I have good reason to believe I am a very good match for the AI @ this difficulty level, because when I get into a race where the vehicles are all equally spec'd (like that "Caterham Cup" interlude in the Eibach Formula C series, for instance), I am right up there matching lap times with the race leaders.

Of course in the other races where I'm in more of a back marker car (early in my career), I have to scrape & claw to remain in mid pack - which is awesome & exactly how I would want career mode to play out, but my problem is I rack up the XP like crazy (b/c of my difficulty being cranked up so hard), but it's hit & miss on hitting my driver/team goals in any given season.  I've noticed my offers to this point in my career have been very static (i.e. same back marker teams offering every season/series) and I'm guessing that's because I'm hit & miss on attaining my driver/team goals despite my XP going up very quickly?

Does anyone know if my assumption is correct that offers are more bound to team/driver goals than they are to XP?  If that is indeed the case, I would love to see XP play more of a factor, as I think that would make for a more realistic career arc (scraping to finish mid-pack for a back marker team would get you noticed & picked up by a faster team).  

I really don't want to set the AI difficulty down to "Hard", because I'm guessing I will be able to smoke the AI at that level once I start getting offers with faster teams.

I'd like to know how it works as well, I'm up to my 6th Touring championship & I've won the previous 5 but still only get offers from the worst teams, Razer & LiquiMoly. I'd expect to be getting offers from better teams like Forge but that's not the case.

I'd like to know how it works as well, I'm up to my 6th Touring championship & I've won the previous 5 but still only get offers from the worst teams, Razer & LiquiMoly. I'd expect to be getting offers from better teams like Forge but that's not the case.
That's interesting - what is your XP modifier?  I'd be curious if maybe you are in the opposite situation where you are racking up the team goal achievements but not as much XP (i.e. the opposite of me, who is struggling to meet goals but racking up XP!)

Perhaps I just have an unrealistic expectation of how quickly better team offers will come along?

nhill40 said:
That's interesting - what is your XP modifier?  I'd be curious if maybe you are in the opposite situation where you are racking up the team goal achievements but not as much XP (i.e. the opposite of me, who is struggling to meet goals but racking up XP!)

Perhaps I just have an unrealistic expectation of how quickly better team offers will come along?
Do you mean what XP bonus I gain from difficulty settings? If so, it's at 42%. I play on Very Hard difficulty with assists off bar ABS. Still though I only get offers from the low end teams.

nhill40 said:

Do you mean what XP bonus I gain from difficulty settings? If so, it's at 42%. I play on Very Hard difficulty with assists off bar ABS. Still though I only get offers from the low end teams.
Yeah, that's what I mean.  Interesting - that's right in the same neighborhood as me (I think mine is around ~46%).  So you are racking up the achievements (meaning meeting team/driver goals) AND racking up loads of XP and still not getting better offers?  That's not encouraging!

It seems to be semi-random.

To me, new championships are always offered with bad teams - usually one at Low and one at None. Once I've completed it, I generally end up with a better offer - such as one at None and one at Medium. Some occasional open wheel and street races I've had a Medium offer from the get-go.

The only times I've ever had any High offers was after I came 1st/2nd/3rd, excluding Ravenwest. A lot of the touring car championships offered to let me drive for Kicker even though I want to drive for Forge. I kinda wish that once you'd driven for a team in a championship you would just get more offers instead of two different ones, eventually having offers for all ten teams if you race a championship enough times?

I have noticed that if you leave a discipline for a bit, the offers change. I had Forge and Razer for offers for the Super Utes when I went to do Street stuff, came back after a few seasons and I was back to being offered crap offers again. I just want to race for Forge. WHY YOU NO LET ME. D:

To me, new championships are always offered with bad teams - usually one at Low and one at None. Once I've completed it, I generally end up with a better offer - such as one at None and one at Medium. Some occasional open wheel and street races I've had a Medium offer from the get-go.

The only times I've ever had any High offers was after I came 1st/2nd/3rd, excluding Ravenwest. A lot of the touring car championships offered to let me drive for Kicker even though I want to drive for Forge. I kinda wish that once you'd driven for a team in a championship you would just get more offers instead of two different ones, eventually having offers for all ten teams if you race a championship enough times?

I have noticed that if you leave a discipline for a bit, the offers change. I had Forge and Razer for offers for the Super Utes when I went to do Street stuff, came back after a few seasons and I was back to being offered crap offers again. I just want to race for Forge. WHY YOU NO LET ME. D:
This could explain why I'm consistently getting the same offers over & over, as I play all the events at a tier then move on, so say I might do a Cat B/Super Ute Touring Championship, then a Formula B Championship, then a C2 Drift/Pro Tuned championship, & so on. I'm up to the final Tier 2 Touring Championship but still getting offers from Razer & LiquiMoly, which vexes me to no end as the teammates are rubbish & I'm a diehard Ford guy so making me drive a Holden is essentially torture... Also, where are K&N? How am I supposed to get 'The Journeyman' trophy if I can't get a team offer from them?

Thanks for the feedback. It all sounds kinda lame, as I was really hoping for an f1 style career where your performance is closely tied to offer quality.

This could explain why I'm consistently getting the same offers over & over, as I play all the events at a tier then move on, so say I might do a Cat B/Super Ute Touring Championship, then a Formula B Championship, then a C2 Drift/Pro Tuned championship, & so on. I'm up to the final Tier 2 Touring Championship but still getting offers from Razer & LiquiMoly, which vexes me to no end as the teammates are rubbish & I'm a diehard Ford guy so making me drive a Holden is essentially torture... Also, where are K&N? How am I supposed to get 'The Journeyman' trophy if I can't get a team offer from them?
I've encountered them from tier 2 disciplines onwards. I've seen them in Cat B touring cars, Formula B, most tuner events, Group 1 endurance. They show up in Street but I think only for supercar and hypercar racing because they have a Mazda Furai and I think a McLaren P1 livery.

I'm pretty sure they're a high-tier team in tuner though so if you do a few super modified/C1 drift championships you should get an offer for them. Me, I got lucky in that they gave me an offer for Formula B and I took it not knowing if I'd get another offer. Glad I did, guessing from the feedback.

I don't like this. If u over perform with a lesser team, better offers should come along next season. As u stretch further and further up the career ladder away from where you are a proven commodity, offer quality should degrade accordingly. As it stands now it seems as though massive amounts of grinding will be involved in getting better offers (which is a bummer for people like me playing @ a high difficult where good finishes are really out of reach without better team offers)

Feels a lot more like a mindless xp grind than a realistic career arc to me, in other words.

I'm just as confused as everyone else in this thread.  I'm fighting for spots mid pack like most with the back marker teams.  I enjoy this, but I was hoping I would eventually get offers from better teams so I could actually try and compete with Ravenwest - I'm not good enough to do it with the back marker teams.  But I constantly only seem to get low level offers.

Does anyone know how to get offers from the better teams?  I also do the same as most and bounce back and fourth between disciplines.  Could this be part of the problem?

Okay, I started a new Career the other day, on Hard, only assist is ABS.

Touring Cars:
  • First Season, won all races for Oakley, completed all Team objectives and offered drive for Razer.
  • Second Season, won all races for Razer, completed all Team objectives and offered drive for Ravenwest.

Those were the only two seasons I participated in before being offered a seat at Ravenwest and were all done at the first event in the Touring Car discipline. Yeah, I will be upping the difficulty level.

Catuna21 said:
I'm just as confused as everyone else in this thread.  I'm fighting for spots mid pack like most with the back marker teams.  I enjoy this, but I was hoping I would eventually get offers from better teams so I could actually try and compete with Ravenwest - I'm not good enough to do it with the back marker teams.  But I constantly only seem to get low level offers.

Does anyone know how to get offers from the better teams?  I also do the same as most and bounce back and fourth between disciplines.  Could this be part of the problem?
This is my situation/frustration exactly.

Experimented with going down to hard, and just as I suspected I am now a racing god - qualified a full second faster than the field in an Intel car. Not even close to a challenge.

it seems to me the only thing that affects team offers is that if you do a championship and then decide to do it again you may get different offers

Does the competition get stiffer as you move up the career ladder? If not, I only see 2 options for playing thru a career: 1) crank the difficult way up to the point you are having to battle for mid pack in a backmarker, grinding for xp with no hope of landing a better ride in the foreseeable future OR 2) ratchet the difficulty down to the point you can blow the field away in a back marker car like you are the 2nd coming of Ayrton Senna! Is this how F1 2013's career mode works? I have been seriously considering picking that up but I'm not interested if the career mechanics prevent you from having a semi realistic career arc.

nhill40 said:
Does the competition get stiffer as you move up the career ladder? If not, I only see 2 options for playing thru a career: 1) crank the difficult way up to the point you are having to battle for mid pack in a backmarker, grinding for xp with no hope of landing a better ride in the foreseeable future OR 2) ratchet the difficulty down to the point you can blow the field away in a back marker car like you are the 2nd coming of Ayrton Senna! Is this how F1 2013's career mode works? I have been seriously considering picking that up but I'm not interested if the career mechanics prevent you from having a semi realistic career arc.
I think the races do get a little bit harder yes but one thing I have noticed and commented on in another thread is the races are definitely longer as I was doing group 2 endurance with 24minute races in x3 length and it moved up to 30minutes for group 1

You will always get backmarker offers in new championships (liqui-moly, razr, cusco etc) but if you finish in the top 3 and/or complete both team objectives you should get better offers. This is not always the case however as I completed the cat c touring car 6 event championship in 4th place and received an offer to drive for team kicker in cat b touring cars. So I could be wrong. But for the most part it goes drive for low teams, achieve objectives, get better offers. Lather rinse repeat. XP has next to no bearing on team offers. For example I reached level 10 in open wheel and still had only backmarker teams giving offers in any championship I had not competed in previously. Hope this helps.

Yup, totally agree that XP has nothing to do with team offers. If that were the case, the people who used all assists and played on V.Easy would never get offers from the best teams. The way it's implemented now is best; drive fast/well and achieve podiums = offers from the better teams.

nhill40 said:
I think the races do get a little bit harder yes but one thing I have noticed and commented on in another thread is the races are definitely longer as I was doing group 2 endurance with 24minute races in x3 length and it moved up to 30minutes for group 1

I don't think it gets more "difficult". Races do get longer, my first run was on the normal racing length so it was 8, 10 and 12. As for the difficulty it's always the same, Ravenwest are the best guys followed by K&N and then the yellow ones (Kicker?) The rest are just there to make your life miserable. 

I did notice that if you play on "easy" and "very easy" Ravenwest guys suck and your team mate rules!