Jump to content Jump to content

What Must Be In F1 2014 : )

(Warning): this is very long as a lot of stuff was left out of the first comment. This contains a lot of ideas from other people as well.

The ability to change team half way through season or get kicked out for bad driving and to be able to drive into the pits or parc feme if you win after the race. Podium after race if in top three with: national anthem, trophy presentation and champagne spay. Able to use DRS with intermediate tyres if rain is light (if you don't understand, look to 2014 British Grand  Prix qualifying). 

Being able to walk around the paddock and to talk to other drivers and ex drivers would be nice, they could say stuff like good work mate or give you advice depending who they were (wouldn't count on max Chilton giving advice). Other drivers can also bag you for your driving and you can bag them. Interviews throughout the season and if your in the top three after race and qualifying.

Better damage, realistic tyre wear and mechanical failure that you retire from the race, over work the tyres and they pop, random punctures from debris. Can cause red flags and safety car when you DNF and being able to watch the rest of the race from your garage, if you want to. Better smoke from car if engine fails and weird car sounds when it happens, this should only happen mostly at the beginning of the season when the teams haven't figured out all the kinks yet. Fuel saving harder and  

Safety car and red flag more often like something that would bring out a safety car in f1 2013 would cause a red flag in f1 2014, safety car stays out longer than two or three laps depending on the accident. Races and Qualifying can also get red flagged for bad weather on track. See marshals clearing track of debris or cars instead of everything just disappearing. 

Able to report back to engineer, better helmets or customize your own, team manager for both 2014 and classic, young driver test in 2013 cars, not 2014. Can tell engineer to report to stewards if you think a driver is doing something reckless. As in Austrian and British Grand Prix's, in qualifying if you exceed track limits on those corners, time disallowed.  

Test driver role if not good enough, race bans and better penalties. Formation and in laps. Able to walk around garage during practice and qualifying if you finished and don't want to drive another lap. Commentators that speak throughout race and say your name or nickname when they talk about you and call accidents when they happen. They also say if a your catching the car ahead or losing out to him, your engineer can also say these things, but not as often as commentators as they watch replays and relay what happened (commentators can be disabled in settings). Highlights after race as well so you can watch what happens.

Competitive AI, winter and mid season testing, after your every season old and new tracks are added and others taken away taken away (sick of same tracks all the time). Make gameplay realistic like in your first season, Mercedes are finishing 1-2 all the time unless DNF but in second season lots of other teams catch up. 

The ability to choose when you retire from f1 or take a sabbatical. If can't get drive have to wait a year or retire (latter only meant after like 15+ seasons in f1). Another feature is when you get older after a fare few seasons, top teams tend to look away from you unless you keep winning. Automatic after you retire go straight to team manager, like in call of duty black ops, from story mode to zombies. You can also access team manager whenever you want even before you retire. Another edition would be after 25+ seasons you driving starts to get slow because no one can win when there nearly 45 years old.  

As I said in previous comment, classic career mode with more top and low teams if they can, like I said, McLaren would be a good edition (would like Senna if they can but respect if they can't). People might hate me for this, but only 1990's content would be nice if they can get more of it ( I mean like most teams from one year like 1997 or 98, but stay away from 94), if not both 1990's and 80's, possibly more 70's as well. As well as drivers can get injured, like in the 1990's it's more likely for a driver to break there leg than for someone in 2014.   

Thanks if you took the time to read this. No reply is to bad so if you didn't like anything, just tell me, everyone's got an opinion.
:((
Drivers do go to other teams during the season, if you join Toro Rosso and there car is crap, your better of moving to Force India, but that is only if they want you. 
Yes, so you chose Toro Rosso and should have to drive better to beat the others as a challenge, drivers in real life don't just hop to other cars.
Think your asking for way too much

A more realistic ask would be for about a 1/4 of those ideas.

One thing i would like that was on the old Sony game was the car setup for free practice. You would choose a basic setting and go and drive few laps, then return to pits where engineer would ask if that was good or bad. If bad he would suggest a change and you would drive a few more laps, this continued until you were happy. It was broken down into about 7 or 8 different categories. 
Made free practice really important

Dez0808 said:
Think your asking for way too much

A more realistic ask would be for about a 1/4 of those ideas.

One thing i would like that was on the old Sony game was the car setup for free practice. You would choose a basic setting and go and drive few laps, then return to pits where engineer would ask if that was good or bad. If bad he would suggest a change and you would drive a few more laps, this continued until you were happy. It was broken down into about 7 or 8 different categories. 
Made free practice really important

Great Idea. The one thing I want from 2014 is more of an emphasis in setup. What a great idea to have feedback from the Engineer. I want him to recommend settings where possible, and give feedback on likely tyre wear with varying camber setups etc etc. Have a view of your team mates setup in Career mode would be awesome. I've spent so many hours wasting time trying different setups on 2012/13 that basically make zero difference to tyre wear.

the career mode needs to be much better.  should only be able to start in a poor team like torro rosso or caterham and when the season has ended can switch teams to higher up team based on your performance.   also when first season done second season should have a few different tracks 

(Warning): this is very long as a lot of stuff was left out of the first comment. This contains a lot of ideas from other people as well.

The ability to change team half way through season or get kicked out for bad driving and to be able to drive into the pits or parc feme if you win after the race. Podium after race if in top three with: national anthem, trophy presentation and champagne spay. Able to use DRS with intermediate tyres if rain is light (if you don't understand, look to 2014 British Grand  Prix qualifying). 

Being able to walk around the paddock and to talk to other drivers and ex drivers would be nice, they could say stuff like good work mate or give you advice depending who they were (wouldn't count on max Chilton giving advice). Other drivers can also bag you for your driving and you can bag them. Interviews throughout the season and if your in the top three after race and qualifying.

Better damage, realistic tyre wear and mechanical failure that you retire from the race, over work the tyres and they pop, random punctures from debris. Can cause red flags and safety car when you DNF and being able to watch the rest of the race from your garage, if you want to. Better smoke from car if engine fails and weird car sounds when it happens, this should only happen mostly at the beginning of the season when the teams haven't figured out all the kinks yet. Fuel saving harder and  

Safety car and red flag more often like something that would bring out a safety car in f1 2013 would cause a red flag in f1 2014, safety car stays out longer than two or three laps depending on the accident. Races and Qualifying can also get red flagged for bad weather on track. See marshals clearing track of debris or cars instead of everything just disappearing. 

Able to report back to engineer, better helmets or customize your own, team manager for both 2014 and classic, young driver test in 2013 cars, not 2014. Can tell engineer to report to stewards if you think a driver is doing something reckless. As in Austrian and British Grand Prix's, in qualifying if you exceed track limits on those corners, time disallowed.  

Test driver role if not good enough, race bans and better penalties. Formation and in laps. Able to walk around garage during practice and qualifying if you finished and don't want to drive another lap. Commentators that speak throughout race and say your name or nickname when they talk about you and call accidents when they happen. They also say if a your catching the car ahead or losing out to him, your engineer can also say these things, but not as often as commentators as they watch replays and relay what happened (commentators can be disabled in settings). Highlights after race as well so you can watch what happens.

Competitive AI, winter and mid season testing, after your every season old and new tracks are added and others taken away taken away (sick of same tracks all the time). Make gameplay realistic like in your first season, Mercedes are finishing 1-2 all the time unless DNF but in second season lots of other teams catch up. 

The ability to choose when you retire from f1 or take a sabbatical. If can't get drive have to wait a year or retire (latter only meant after like 15+ seasons in f1). Another feature is when you get older after a fare few seasons, top teams tend to look away from you unless you keep winning. Automatic after you retire go straight to team manager, like in call of duty black ops, from story mode to zombies. You can also access team manager whenever you want even before you retire. Another edition would be after 25+ seasons you driving starts to get slow because no one can win when there nearly 45 years old.  

As I said in previous comment, classic career mode with more top and low teams if they can, like I said, McLaren would be a good edition (would like Senna if they can but respect if they can't). People might hate me for this, but only 1990's content would be nice if they can get more of it ( I mean like most teams from one year like 1997 or 98, but stay away from 94), if not both 1990's and 80's, possibly more 70's as well. As well as drivers can get injured, like in the 1990's it's more likely for a driver to break there leg than for someone in 2014.   

Thanks if you took the time to read this. No reply is to bad so if you didn't like anything, just tell me, everyone's got an opinion.
:((

I agree with everything you said apart from changing teams mid season. My only thought is that Codemasters wont be able to implement all this in one year. Also, I think they should keep the young driver test but also add in a few 2013 FP1 sessions with lower teams such as Marussia and Caterham.

I don't think that they will be able to get Ayrton Senna in the game because they have said that a Brazilian company have the license to use his name so they would need a new license.

Another thing, the next gen consoles have more memory but they may not have enough memory to do all the ideas you have, but if they do F1 will become a brilliant game

What do you guys think of this?:

• Formation laps
  • All three practice sessions.
  • Safety car deploys more often and on the first lap and last laps.
  • Podium celebrations and interviews in paddock and press room.
  • Remove auto brake in runoff (a stupid arcade feature that should have never been implemented in the first place) or at least make it optional.
  • Cars more prone to damage (sensitive) 
  • TV style replay cameras

That shouldn't be too hard...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned or asked for this before.

I want pit-lane starts. That'd be really cool. Like, if you crash out in qualifying or there's an issue with your car. Your team (basically you) will have the option to start the race from the pit-lane.

What do you guys think?