F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Question of the Day Thread

I will ask you a new question each day and you just answer it. It can help us get to know each other better! Ex. When did you start liking racing? Ans. My dad took me to a dirt track in 2002 and have loved it ever since. QUESTION OF THE DAY 7/10/14 - When did you start liking racing?

Chicken42 said:
QUESTION OF THE DAY 7/9/14 - When did you start liking racing?
1997 Daytona 500. First race I watched with my Grandfather and uncle(s). I remember Dale Earnhardt Sr. flipping at one point, pretty intense race. I was 10 and loved every minute of it.

1987 Bathurst 1000 Tony Longhurst won the race in the Benson and Hedges Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500.

fIsince08 said:
I'm confused, 7th September? :p
I guess he's American. :P

I have to say, I don't really remember. My dad watches F1 since the 80's so I was watching since I was a little kid.

Can't remember myself, probably around 1997 I paid any attention to it. First race I properly watched was Belgium 1998. I was like "Wait, 13 car pile ups? Count me in!" and I've been disappointed ever since.

The first race I can remember watching in full was the 2006 Bathurst 1000. Holden Racing Team did me proud...both cars DNF'ed and a Ford won...

First F1 full race was sometime in 2009, fully started watching F1 in 2010.

I think I have always been into motor racing, and the first race I can remember watching was the 2000 Australian GP (which I've just found out is before Max Chilton's first race!) and since then I have been hooked.

Oh Bumfez, you lad

I started watching the odd bits of F1 races in 2007, I think after Monza. I've always had this memory of my Grandad saying "Let's see how the boy's doing" (meaning Hamilton) and I can remember Hamilton running through the escape road at turn 1 at Monza.

I watched the odd race in 2008 (I loved Brazil 08) and then watched most of 2009 (I can remember being so bored at Abu Dhabi I kept flicking over to watch it whilst playing F1 04) and most of 2010. I never missed a race in 2011 (bar the end of Canada) and I've just got more and more into it.

Then I started moving into other car racing - the stuff that's on Channel 4 on a weekend morning (Mobil 1 The Grid, Caterham and VW racing, FIA GT, Blancpain etc) and watched the last few rounds of the BTCC in 2012 (I remember Shedden winning the championship) before tuning in for most races in 2013 and going to Croft that year.

fIsince08 said:
I started watching the odd bits of F1 races in 2007, I think after Monza. I've always had this memory of my Grandad saying "Let's see how the boy's doing" (meaning Hamilton) and I can remember Hamilton running through the escape road at turn 1 at Monza.

I watched the odd race in 2008 (I loved Brazil 08) and then watched most of 2009 (I can remember being so bored at Abu Dhabi I kept flicking over to watch it whilst playing F1 04) and most of 2010. I never missed a race in 2011 (bar the end of Canada) and I've just got more and more into it.

Then I started moving into other car racing - the stuff that's on Channel 4 on a weekend morning (Mobil 1 The Grid, Caterham and VW racing, FIA GT, Blancpain etc) and watched the last few rounds of the BTCC in 2012 (I remember Shedden winning the championship) before tuning in for most races in 2013 and going to Croft that year.
Past your bedtime? :p

fIsince08 said:

It was actually :(   :!!

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

It was actually :(   :!!
It was past my bedtime as well (remember 2 hours ahead of you) but I finished school 2 days ago.

fIsince08 said:

Shouldn't it be flsince11? lol

First race I remember was the 2002 Australian Grand Prix. Certainly a great race to get acquainted. 
Yeah, eight car pile up isn't too bad.

I watched parts of races or the odd race in 2005 and 2006 (Imola 2006 I watched for sure). First full season was 2007. 

So this Question of the Day thread ended after a day because the OP never came back?

QOTD JULY 11 WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL MEAL? If anyone has suggestions for ?'s pm me and I'll give credit. Also yes I am American so I'll be posting at my American times lol.