Jump to content Jump to content

Question of the Day Thread

Probably 2013-2014, my first year at college. My first school (reception - year 3)wasn't too bad but I was to young to do anything or remember it fully. Junior School (year 4-6) was awful, the school is now classed as failing and will soon be an academy (It was basically failing when I was there, but we all know how ofsted inspections work). Highschool (year 7-11) wasn't the best, not enough freedom plus more awful teachers and lessons. 

But College, although the lessons aren't the best all the time (boring rather than bad) I get a lot more free time, so I'd take college over school any day.

Year 10 and 11.
I got bullied pretty badly from year 7 to year 10, and I never fought back. The teachers were always like "If anything happens just come find one of us" so I did. Only it always made things worse. In year 10 I finally started standing up for myself and bullying the bullies back. Those last 2 years at school were easy after that, had no problems and actually ended up friends with a few of the people who had previously tormented me.

So the lesson here kids: Always hit them first. Don't stop with just one punch, keep hitting them until someone pulls you off. Always stand your ground, even when outnumbered. Don't run, stay calm and don't say anything to them, just aim for the face of whichever one gets closest first. 
Works a lot better than getting them a detention ;)

Year 10 and 11.
I got bullied pretty badly from year 7 to year 10, and I never fought back. The teachers were always like "If anything happens just come find one of us" so I did. Only it always made things worse. In year 10 I finally started standing up for myself and bullying the bullies back. Those last 2 years at school were easy after that, had no problems and actually ended up friends with a few of the people who had previously tormented me.

So the lesson here kids: Always hit them first. Don't stop with just one punch, keep hitting them until someone pulls you off. Always stand your ground, even when outnumbered. Don't run, stay calm and don't say anything to them, just aim for the face of whichever one gets closest first. 

This so much.

Fortunately I haven't been bullied since Year 8 (so that's 5 years ago) but that wasn't physical, that was just words that harmed me. Back then I was so soft and I wish I just told them to shut up. They were like the hard kids in the year though so I was a bit wary haha. Now though if that happened I can easily see myself telling them to get lost.

Best year at school was Year 6, so my final year of middle school. I passed my 11+ so it was all good, I also got great SATS results (which looking back mean nothing) and from January to July we literally did nothing. No homework, fun days every day, a week long trip away, bliss.

Year 10 and 11.

Wish I had the courage to do that when it happened to me. I complained to the teachers even went to the Headmaster too but nothing happened or ever came of it. Fortunately the head bully got what he deserved in the end though. Because when the old headmaster retired and a new one came in he was more willing to take action against such behaviour and the bully found himself getting suspended. The school was much better after that.

You can make q's for the days I don't if you want.

1. The moon because I want to experience the gravity (I know its not technically the "world").

2. Probably Antartica cuz its cold so I hear

3. Congo because I wanna dance the African dances and sing ye yo Ying Yong ay ya ya do da re Chong.

America - been to Orlando twice but I'd like to do a tour of the states. Visit Vegas, NYC, SF, LA, Chicago, Denver, Arizona, Grand Canyon and wherever else. Probably cost a fortune...........Vegas could fix that :P 

Italy - Florence, Turin, Venice, Milan. All beautiful

Maybe Canada for the skiing. My Dad got offered a job there before I was born but we never went for some reason... :/

Three places only? Tough one. Well this is just 3 places I can think of right now.

1. Italy - More specifically, Rome. Tons of history.

2. Egypt - Really for the Ancient stuff like the Pyramids etc.

3. Greece - For the history once again, would like to go to Athens especially. 

Other great places would be the South American countries where the ancient stuff is like the Chichen Itza (Mayan building) and other stuff like that. Moscow/Saint Petersburg  might be good. The Crimean Peninsula, Ypres/Somme battlefields.

I'd also like to go to London. Lame that I haven't been there, but the opportunity has never really arisen.

Tons of cool places to go, and all of it is for the history for me.