Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Question of the Day Thread

September 1985, F1. Can't remember race location...

I woke up to the blare of the TV at the end of the hospital ward I was on. I awoke, properly, for the first time in two weeks after being in a medically induced state of sedation. You see, two weeks prior to this moment, I had broken both of my legs into lots of little pieces and damaged my spine after a motorbike crash in which I hit a tree at ~70mph.

I'm okay these days, if anybody was interested. Happy days, other than the injuries, you still used to be able to smoke and drink on the wards back then. Surprises most people today, that bit of info...

But yeah, spent 4 months in hospital in which time I became hooked on F1 and have watched pretty much every race since.
My ideal meal,

I would go to a nice restaurant and firstly order some garlic bread topped with mozzarella cheese, and a rum and coke. For my mains I would have a burger and chips with a pepperoni pizza, and then for pudding I would have a chocolate and biscuit ice cream with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, chocolate chunks, chocolate coookies and chocolate sauce, washed down with a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows
Starter : Cheese and Biscuits (Not too many)
Main: Lasagna + Garlic Bread OR Chicken Tikka Masala + Naan Bread 
Dessert: Chocolate Cheesecake OR Chocolate Mousse (Proper one)

Main and Dessert is a hard one, and changes a lot :p 

There must be many racetracks around the world that have a bridge or two across the track for pedestrians to move around the whole of the infield during races.

So it was in Oulton Park, Cheshire UK, when I went there to see Mike Hailwood race the top-line 500cc motorcycles of the day.

I had the bejaysus scared right out of me when I strolled over such a bridge during the 125cc race.

No Idea........... I had no idea the damn things went that farouking fast.

That would have been 1969.

1) Thai Green Curry is life.

2) 2007 V8 Supercars race at Oran Park was my favorite race I've been to, simply because it was my first race I've ever been to.

Favorite race would have to be Bathurst 2013, one of the best finishes I've ever seen in V8 racing. 

I've never been to a race, but my favourite race is probably Germany 2000. It had so much stuff in it that made you go "wow". Schumi crashing on the first lap, the rain, McLaren's safety car pitstop blunder with Coulthard, a jackass walking on the circuit, more crashes and of course Barrichello taking the win. Glorious.
1) I had the privilege of being at the 2008 British Grand Prix when Lewis took the win in the wet, so that is the best race I have been to. When he came around the final corner at Woodcote (where I sat), the crowd went absolutely nuts, I won't forget it. He won the race by over a minute or something, an incredible atmosphere. I was so pleased.

2) The best race I have ever seen, that's tough. I am actually gonna say Brazil 2012. A race with mixed weather conditions, Vettel had to work his socks off to get back into championship winning position, Button winning, Hulkenberg and Hamilton battling for the lead, such a good race.
Best Race I've been too: Well I've been to the British GP in 2009-2014 so I guess any of them. 2009 was great because it was the first time I'd been and Vettel won. All of the races have been good though :D

Best Race I've seen: Brazil 2012. Had everything, a great championship decider. I also enjoyed Canada 2011 until the final lap and Brazil 2008 was good. 
Wasn't a best race but Abu Dhabi 2010 was awesome, I was so relieved when Vettel won it...
The first race I've ever been to was BTCC when it was in Mondello Park. The first F1 race I was at was Silverstone 2010. 

The best race I've ever watched was either Canada 2011 or Brasil 2012. Brasil 2008 was good but I didn't really support any of the drivers involved.