Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEUTSCHLAND '16

Hughesy said:
Uhh have you checked the prices?  From what I've read it's half the price of Silverstone tickets, yet that still sold loads. 
I just checked. Hockenheim tickets for 2016 was 519 Euro for weekend, Silverstone for 2017 is 125 GBP for weekend. Not sure where you got your info from.

Lol silly you, you looked at the most expensive ticket category and late booking ....  There were tickets for £70 for the weekend on sale when ordered early... 

When ordered late the price is a lot more, so no idea what you're on about http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/2016-formula-1-british-grand-prix/

It's clear the man is frustrated and jealous to the bone of his team-hate Lewis Hamilton and everyone else who gets in his way of winning each race that rightfully belongs to him.  Yes, Nico feels that each and every race this year belongs to him despite 21 other racers vying for the same winning goal. His whining  and sniveling attitude has to change if he want's to be a world champion like Lewis, who is a gentleman in each and every way.

It's clear the man is frustrated and jealous to the bone of his team-hate Lewis Hamilton and everyone else who gets in his way of winning each race that rightfully belongs to him.  Yes, Nico feels that each and every race this year belongs to him despite 21 other racers vying for the same winning goal. His whining  and sniveling attitude has to change if he want's to be a world champion like Lewis, who is a gentleman in each and every way.
Haha, what?

Hamilton saying he turned his engine down on the 2nd lap just proves how far ahead of the field Mercedes is. Going to be a stroll for the 2nd half for Hamilton, best driver in a dominant car doesn't make a good sport (unless you're a fan of that team/driver).

The most interesting thing will be seeing how the F1 can mess up the rules again.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2016/08/01/new-car-handling-characteristic-identified/#.V5-VepMrKGQ

'Road safety campaigners are urging motorists to be aware of situations that can cause Nicosteer, such as pissing away a commanding championship lead, being the kind of choker who gets caught out by wheelspin, and having too many passports.'

Give it a read if you want a laugh.

I have no idea how Nico is going to win this title. Even though Lewis will have to take an engine penalty at some point, it's not going to stop him winning the championship. Just look at the last 7 races (bar Azerbaijan). Whenever the duo have had no car issues, Lewis has always come out on top. Just imagine how far ahead Lewis would have been without those early reliability issues too. He's simply been the quicker driver.

Ho3n3r said:
Hughesy said:
Uhh have you checked the prices?  From what I've read it's half the price of Silverstone tickets, yet that still sold loads. 
I just checked. Hockenheim tickets for 2016 was 519 Euro for weekend, Silverstone for 2017 is 125 GBP for weekend. Not sure where you got your info from.
That's for a covered grandstand on the final corner. The Silverstone £125 ticket is general admission. For a full weekend ticket sitting at the banked corner in the stadium section of Hockenheim, you could get one for 150 Euros. You're comparing one of Hockenheim's most expensive tickets to Silverstone's cheapest ticket.

Hockenheim Tickets: https://gpticketshop.com/en/f1/german-f1-grand-prix/tickets.html

AMS97KRR said:
If F1 is still this boring next yeah I'm tempted to stop watching it, what with the Mercedes winning every race and Sky motor boating Hamilton every minute of their coverage, I'm getting pretty sick of it. Not to mention this HALO device in 2018. the FIA and their laughable rule changes and decisions. The sport is a joke at the moment, we haven't had a genuinely good season in terms of a title battle since 2012, I was still in high school in 2012. Every weekend you sit down and basically just hope the Mercedes take each other out, and if they don't, you know it's a win for them 9 times out of 10. 

To be clear about HALO and canopies, I'm not against the head protection idea, but actually make a car designed around it, rather than bolting it on last minute. It looks awful, nobody wants to watch a sport with those monstrosities on them - no new fans are going to look at those cars and think they're beautiful.

The only way new fans will come to the sport is if the racing is exciting - from 1st to last, the sport is accessible, the rules are clear and the cars look good and go fast. The sport is screwed if 2017 is another domination by a big team like Mercedes, because nobody will be able to catch them until new rule changes come in. The only way it wont be screwed is if we have a pair of drivers in the dominant car that are equal - like Alonso and Lewis. That would at least create a sort of Senna-Prost esque rivalry that would go to the wire - not because of luck - but because of talent. Rosberg isn't good enough to actually take a title fight down to the wire without luck because Lewis is just that bit faster 90% of the time on race day. 
If Hamilton wins then Sky f1 makes like 10 posts about Hamilton.If someone else wins then they will do one post and saying that Hamilton car was sabotaged

I'm pretty sure Ferrari have given up on 2016, they're no where right now and they seem to have just accepted it. Their approach to this year was stupid, they came in with a great car but spent all their time developing the car that would be in the first they races and avoided big or lots of upgrades in order to have the better base car. This is how they've been caught out by RedBull as RedBull have done the complete opposite and focuses on a load of upgrades which has worked massivley.

I'm pretty sure Ferrari have given up on 2016, they're no where right now and they seem to have just accepted it. Their approach to this year was stupid, they came in with a great car but spent all their time developing the car that would be in the first they races and avoided big or lots of upgrades in order to have the better base car. This is how they've been caught out by RedBull as RedBull have done the complete opposite and focuses on a load of upgrades which has worked massivley.
Ferrari should have been focused on 2017 since it was clear Mercedes would win - I don't care if RBR beat Ferrari this year, it means little as next year is totally different. 

AMS97KRR said:
Ferrari should have been focused on 2017 since it was clear Mercedes would win - I don't care if RBR beat Ferrari this year, it means little as next year is totally different. 
I'm convincing myself your right but I have a feeling RedBull have something up their sleeve as they seem very confident heading into 2017 and they've got arguably the best designer in the sport, Adrian Newey so with the rule changes you've gotta figure he'll come out with something great.

Wouldn't it be ironic if RB were the ones denying Vettel of winning a championship with Ferrari from 2017 onwards?

Mexicola said:
Rosberg looked like a pure chump out there today. Dreadful start compounded by dodgy overtaking on Verstappen. Well done.

Edit: AND he lied on radio. "Full lock" my left ballbeg.
He tried to do the same thing he did in Austria. He got 10 seconds for that move, so a 5 second one for the same move just without contact seems fine to me.

And, in my opinion, I don't think it's a particularly sporting move to just straight line past the apex and completely block out a competitor. I can think of 4 times he's used this move, and it's only ever worked out once for him.
Rosberg is a joke! I can't believe Mercedes are keeping him! They could be way better off getting someone else. Really, Rosberg is not that good, a lot has to do with the car he drives. Vettel, Hamilton, Kimi, Button and Fernando are better drivers. When Mercedes was crap Hamilton was way more consistent with his finishes. Mercedes should just dump Rosberg and get someone who pares better with Hamilton. Rosberg and Hamilton are the worst team mates in F1. I have nothing against Hamilton but Rosberg just makes them look evil and then he gets small penalties. If it was another driver it would be like a stop and go or something.

I'm a Ferrari fan... So I haven't had fun in nearly a decade. 

While Red Bull were certainly the fastest car for most of 2010-2013, they were not nearly as dominate as Merc are now. This half year Merc has never been beaten on pace. Even in 2014 and 2015 the 6 losses weren't all on pace. No one can challenge Merc right now. In the Red Bull years there were at least good seasons. 2011 and 2013 are a little different in that they were more RB dominate. But 2010 had a thrilling finish, 4 driver still had a shot at the championship from three different teams. And 2012 started with 7 different race winners. Those are incredible seasons that while one cat was dominant, it wasn't a guarantee like it is with Merc. 

Not trying to take anything away from Merc and Hamilton. They earned their success. It just creates a boring series when no one can challenge the leader. 
Well spoken :) That is a great way to describe it and I'm sure a lot of people agree with you.

I'm a Ferrari fan... So I haven't had fun in nearly a decade. 

While Red Bull were certainly the fastest car for most of 2010-2013, they were not nearly as dominate as Merc are now. This half year Merc has never been beaten on pace. Even in 2014 and 2015 the 6 losses weren't all on pace. No one can challenge Merc right now. In the Red Bull years there were at least good seasons. 2011 and 2013 are a little different in that they were more RB dominate. But 2010 had a thrilling finish, 4 driver still had a shot at the championship from three different teams. And 2012 started with 7 different race winners. Those are incredible seasons that while one cat was dominant, it wasn't a guarantee like it is with Merc. 

Not trying to take anything away from Merc and Hamilton. They earned their success. It just creates a boring series when no one can challenge the leader. 
I would have to say my favorite driver is Vettel. I like his style and I think he is a really good driver. He also has the best starts.

Mercedes are dominant because of the silly token system which basically ensures thou who created best engine in winter wins, as no ones allowed to catch up, buy I think upgrade tokens are being scratched for new year