Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 and the Steam Controller.

I have invested in every incarnation of f1 from the old EA years to the current Codemasters versions. Last year, for shear convenience I splashed out on a Steam Controller, (which seemed to have great potential with the gyro and programmable buttons not to mention the Steam Link to pipe it to any room in the house) instead of all the faff of finding a space to set the wheel up. So it was very dissapointing to find that getting it (The gyro) to work with f1 2015 was near to impossible to the point where I gave up on it. Later, I decided to try f1 2014 again and was amazed to find that it worked perfectly ! So the question now is whether I should waste my cash and remaining  hair on the 2016 version or just stay in the time warp with 2014. The driver models are not so scary as the 2015 edition and without being too picky it's not that different when it comes to driving the circuits .

Graydog7 said:
I have invested in every incarnation of f1 from the old EA years to the current Codemasters versions. Last year, for shear convenience I splashed out on a Steam Controller, (which seemed to have great potential with the gyro and programmable buttons not to mention the Steam Link to pipe it to any room in the house) instead of all the faff of finding a space to set the wheel up. So it was very dissapointing to find that getting it (The gyro) to work with f1 2015 was near to impossible to the point where I gave up on it. Later, I decided to try f1 2014 again and was amazed to find that it worked perfectly ! So the question now is whether I should waste my cash and remaining  hair on the 2016 version or just stay in the time warp with 2014. The driver models are not so scary as the 2015 edition and without being too picky it's not that different when it comes to driving the circuits .
F1 2015 does have the issue were it didn't recognise certain controllers. I tried to use my Logitech F710 on the game for PC, but couldn't. This is annoying because it worked perfectly fine in previous games, as you found out, but not recognising it for 2015 was a big kick in the guts. I don't have a wheel, so being stuck with a keyboard is just really annoying because I don't get the extra challenge the controller provides.  I do believe 2016 will have controller support, but I wouldn't be so sure just yet. When it comes out, I will let you know if it works and is supported.