Sign in to follow this  

Garage Slots

With the insane amount of different disciplines in this game, there should be no limit to car slots. LVL 50 for the next slot? That's ridiculous. If I have the money I should be able to put down $50k and buy another slot. What is the main reason behind this? I'm trying to figure that out. I can't think of any reason why there would be a limit. If I've got a million dollars, I'm pretty sure I'd have a warehouse, and could fit as many cars as I'd wanted in there. This game is about openness, and being able to do many things whenever we want. Yet you limit us like peons. If I want 50 cars early, I should be able to have it. If I've got the money, I'm not going to get a loaner car, I'm going to buy it.

THIS LIMIT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.

Just wait till level 70, they're 100K from that point. But, I completely agree, either lower the level requirements, or get rid of them altogether.

50k at LVL25, 100k at LVL50, 200k at LVL75, etc. I don't mind the price going up, but, it should never be capped because of your level.

I believe there shouldn't be a limit on garage slots, or even they give us enough slots to include one of every vehicle -Paul

Yep, you should be able to buy at least one car of every class as soon as you've got the money for it.

What's the maximum amount of garage slots you can have anyways?

i counted 40 categories, some with only one car and other with 3, 4 etc...

Loore said:
Maximum is 30 garage slots :)

There are currently 40 categories of cars, so it seems like it would make more sense to have, at the very least, 40 garage spaces (preferably more) available for players who wish to own & maintain at least 1 car for each category.

As expensive as cars, upgrades, repairs, & liveries are, we shouldn't have to sell/delete cars just to make room for additional cars needed to participate in other disciplines.

the idea is that players should be limiting themselves to cars they run most often, versus the forza approach to let us buy a few hundred cars, even though there arent nearly as many categories. i agree that the cap should be at least 40, however, as some dlc will include extra garage slots, it eliminates some of the motivation to buy such dlc. which means codies will get less cash profit for their work. they are a business remember, and they need to make money where they can, so that they can keep producing games for their customers.

i totally agree! Iam lvl 61 about and i have no other garage space...i need to reach lvl70 to get one...Money is not the problem as i have 1 million.. I dont care about how fast and easy i can unlock garage spaces (as i will play GAS for many years) , what i want is to have the possibility to buy as many cars is possible...Around 50 would be great , why not an unlimited number of cars.. :-??

Just make the Grid2-Style: Let Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Street and Tunder be the categories.

Why shouldn't it be possible to drive with the Caterham against Ariel Atom? I am currently not buying all the cars that I like just because of the limited space avaiable. Maybe I want to drive a different Touring B car tomorrow but I can't (without selling the old one) due to the riddicolus amaount of categores.

At least I agree that there have to be a few more categories than that five mentioned above, because you can't allow to let a Golf compete with a Bugatti. So I would like to see these five categores divided in amall amount (3-5 for example) of subcategories to prevent this from happening.

Not everyone want's to have to grind for garage slots to only end up with a 30 cap of cars. I didn't know this before and TBH it's a pretty annoying thing. For certain classes and categories it's actually fun to have two or 3 types of car so you can see the differences between them at the top end rather than just guess, then sell and lose all your work on that car.

In Shift 2 for instance I have expanded the garage to 150 cars. It can be expanded even further (around 400ish) but I haven't hit 150 yet. Don't limit something for the sake of limitation, it's just going to annoy the players. Free up garage slots so players can have at least 1 for each category and say 5-20 extra possible. If you desperately feel the need to make players grind for the slots (really BAD idea with current pricing) then make the first 20-30 cheap, then make the next 20-30 graduate up the cost scale a bit. It's not like in MP you are running one single race team, it's more like you are racing for a smorgasbord of disciplines, so instead treat it the same way :)

Old thread but for me this is still a big issue. I wanted to play another discipline for a change, got the money to buy slots and a bunch of cheaper cars from Street class, huge dissapointment to find out I can't unless I sell all of my touring cars.

Having to buy the garage slots is already silly, raising the price is annoying, but not even giving you the option because you're too low level is really pushing it. I know it's to sell dlc, but this doesn't make me want to buy the season pass, it makes me not want to buy anything from you ever again.

I think you should be able to have as many cars as you want and not have to pay game credits just to be able to have another car slot. Make it like GT6 with no restrictions. 

I think its ok how it is, this game is based around teams so its pushing you towards working as a team especially at lower levels, so its only natural that one player cant own all the cars.

I like it, I like the way it works, i like the team aspect and i like how it brings players together for a common cause. We don't need all the cars in our garages, I don't want all the cars in my garage either, that's why we have team mates. :)

SASBlink said:

...I don't want all the cars in my garage...

Others might, and it takes nothing away from you if more garage slots are made available for all.

Operator1 said:
SASBlink said:

...I don't want all the cars in my garage...

Others might, and it takes nothing away from you if more garage slots are made available for all.

Very true, :~)

But, like i said, they made it a team game, why be in a team if you can do it all yourself?

@SASBlink‌ 

You create an artificial limitation then you sell the 'solution' in the form of a DLC as it has been already confirmed that the Garage Slot DLC is coming and it will be the 8th pack in the Season Pass. You have to be blind not to see that it's just a ca$h grab. Very much similar to the Boost Pack. Is the game a grind? Are repair costs too high? Wait, here's the solution and it will cost you only €2,99. Please proceed to the cashier, thank you for your donation!

Hard to defend something like that.

Sadly, its not even a solution it only appears to be if your car is level 20 or so, but once your car is higher than that the boost pack still does not give you enough cash to offset the damage.  My level 99 car loses over 10,000 per race even when I place first.  Your point about codemasters creating a limitation in the game so that later they almost force us to pay in order to fix the engineered limitation is spot on.

the boost pack is good if you dont get alot of time to play the game but. i have the boost pack and still lose money in cat c touring cars so whats the point if you still cant make money out of a car you like racing 

5 more garage slot dlc just made available today. I bought and you DO NOT have to pay in game credits to unlock them. 

I agree that some cars seem to have extreme coasts to fix... I play mainly Touring and most of the cars have that problem, but its probably a problem from Touring class, or does it happen in other classes? I say this because sometimes I play street, and coasts there dont seem so problematic.