Sign in to follow this  

What are the little stars next to names in multiplayer?

They are the ''ones to watch'', Drivers who have a good record, like several wins or clean races. They switch periodically every race. Online, you get an xp bonus if you beat anyone who is the one to watch ;)

They are the ''ones to watch'', Drivers who have a good record, like several wins or clean races. They switch periodically every race. Online, you get an xp bonus if you beat anyone who is the one to watch ;)
Honestly, it's random. At least I think it is. It seems like they give it to people who just entered a room. The "one to watch" is rarely actually someone to watch.

TUSMBOX said:
Honestly, it's random. At least I think it is. It seems like they give it to people who just entered a room. The "one to watch" is rarely actually someone to watch.
Over the course of a session, it works. Yeah you get 1 or 2 strange choices, but normally its pretty accurate. On the odd chance, for me, it is someone who just joined a room, they are actually genuinely quite good. But not always. Typically it cycles through the guys who are winning the races, for me.

But yeah, it doesn't really effect them being ''one to watch'', it just means I get some extra xp that I don't even notice ;)

In my first race it chose me and said my average speed was 3490mph, I was just like WTF, it's slowly coming down but last time it was still showing as 279mph which is clearly impossible so it looks like I'm cheating :(.

In my first race it chose me and said my average speed was 3490mph, I was just like WTF, it's slowly coming down but last time it was still showing as 279mph which is clearly impossible so it looks like I'm cheating :(.
Man with that kind of speed you must be FIRE!!

Man with that kind of speed you must be FIRE!!

oh oh haxor, ban him! ban him now!