Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Voice Commands

Now that there is Windows10(Cortana), racing on PC, can we use the voice commands? Or are we stuck to the DPAD once again?

We patched in the ability to use voice commands with any headset on Windows 7 or higher on F1 2015. This continues in F1 2016. If you have a headset (Windows 7 or above) or Kinect for Windows (Win 8 or above) you can use the voice commands.

I have a Windows 7 headset but didnt manage to work it out. I will try this year and get it to work

Since Cortana is now part of the new Xbox One experience and works great with your headset, will the voice command work through the headset like Cortana or will it still rely on having a Kinect?

Britpoint said:
Currently Kinect is still required on the Xbox side of things. We don't know exactly what Cortana means for games like us yet; if we can utilise it and how simple it is to do so. We will be looking at it of course, but for the time being voice commands on the Xbox One will still be Kinect only.

Sorry blu (longtime!!!) didn't see you had posted in their already until afterwards lol. Probably it will be added as a new feature with 17 :)

Hopefully they can patch this rather quickly, seems a waste not to.

Yeah bud, looooong time. Hope all is well :)
yeah id like to see it patched in just cuz I know it would be awesome to be able to just use the headset and talk to the engineer. 

We seriously need XB1 headset voice commands f1 2016 is a truely BRILLIANT GAME but using commands list in a race is soooo hard

Is there a way to adjust the Fuel intake to rich, with your voice. I can communicate with my engineer, but i lack the controls to switch the fuel and other stuff.

No, the fuel mix is an in-car control, not something for the team to do at the pit stop. As such it hasn't been given a voice command.