Jump to content Jump to content

LEGAL but UNFAIR - LEGAL pero INJUSTO

Seeing how no one has addressed the issue of the number of racers per team not having a cap as unfair, I don't see the point in continuing this thread any further.

Happy Posting

Even if you don't read it... as said, this, for me, is just a 'cosmetic' issue. Yes, there are leaderboards and these depend completely on teamsice (assuming every member is spending the same time ingame), but except for these stats, they have no influence in ay way on the game.
XP/money for yourself on the other hand do, as said several times. Yes, everyone has the option to drive how long he likes and that's perfect. But by chosing to drive longer distances (what I prefer) I progress way slower than these other guys (and by that taking way more time to get new garage slots/cars). That's everything to it.

@FOSTBITTEN
Still undecided myself. If you are good, every car does the job. BMW is harder to control in corners. Therefore I don't get why most people drive it. Most times I have trouble avoiding them in corners, as they slide and slide, while I am way faster with the Civic. Recently switched to the Cruze and like it a little more than the Civic, but wouldn't say it is faster. Just a little different to drive.
It doesnt really matter.  I just did exactly what you all hate.  I ran 5 races in my Chevy Cruze touring car on 1 lap races on oval tracks and after 5 races, and winning every single one by over a second against the hardest AI and whoever stumbled into the room I lost 20,000 after maintaining my vehicle.  Seriously, at level 80 you cant even afford to drive your own car.
It doesnt really matter.  I just did exactly what you all hate.  I ran 5 races in my Chevy Cruze touring car on 1 lap races on oval tracks and after 5 races, and winning every single one by over a second against the hardest AI and whoever stumbled into the room I lost 20,000 after maintaining my vehicle.  Seriously, at level 80 you cant even afford to drive your own car.
Yeah but look at all of the XP you gained! (Sarcasm, pure sarcasm) Good grief that is terrible losing that much in credits. I am also guessung that your damage was at a minimum if any at all too. 

I give up.  The game is what it is.  I have bought several games that I thought would be great but after playing them for a short time I was not happy with them so I just stopped playing. 

Everyone has the ability to race as many or as few laps as the game allows, so the word "unfair" is not being used correctly.  If the original poster's game doesn't allow him to race 1 lap and his lowest limit is 3 then it would be unfair.  Seeing how that isn't the case I still don't understand the problem.  The same scoring system existed in Grid 2.  People play games for enjoyment.  If it is more fun to race 5 laps than 1 go do it.  Because the software developer decided that custom events give the same XP and Cash whether it is a 5 lap race or a 1 lap race is just something that people who own the game have to live with. 

Seeing how no one has addressed the issue of the number of racers per team not having a cap as unfair, I don't see the point in continuing this thread any further.

Happy Posting

I think you are one of those people benefitting from this. And you don't want it to change.

Codemasters should pay some attention to OP. This is doing great damage to the game.
i think 1 lap races should pay the same like 11,000 for the winner but a 3 lap race should pay 33,000 to the winner its hard to make money anyway with repair costs on some cars . i like to run 3 lap races but dont mind people doing 1 lap its there game so they can play it how they want 

Creo que se deberia valorar mas el esfuerzo realizado en 3 Carreras que en solo 1. No solo la concentración el tiempo invertido y el mayor desgaste del coche con la consecuente reparación. Muchos creemos que el modo de recompensas (XP) no es correcto y tampoco justo con los que más tiempo le dedican. Tampoco estoy de acuerdo en los daños recibidos, ya que me parece que hayas Coches que son "indestructibles" es decir "te golpean" y no parece que ellos reciban daños visibles.  

I have the solution that will satisfy everyone.   Get rid of the leaderboards completely.  Problem solved.

maybe thats the solution for you, but not for everyone. One thing that makes this game competitive is the leaderboards, so if you rid of them, many people will play less,  So if you want to keep posting about your thoughts, do it; but you are wrong; anyway i think you took this personal, and it s not; im complaning about a little game issue that can be solved. if you dont like this, keep racing your one lap oval track races while you can.

bye...

i fully agree with the 1st post, i would love to run 10 lap races. if i did that however the plat time would be over 1000 hrs, so instead i run 1 lap races in different cars, on different tracks just so we can maximise xp.

if the game gave a set amount of xp per lap i would race 3 - 10 lap races.

Codek726

All that I hear from you is complaining and it is getting old.  I play the game for the enjoyment of it.  Who cares about the leaderboards?  If you are on top of the leaderboards do you get some type of financial compensation?  By not being on top of the leaderboards how are you damaged?  Like I said get rid of the leaderboards and the whole problem of 1 lap or 10 lap races goes away.  Most people play games for enjoyment, obviously you don't.  If you want to be on top and invest some of your own money to do so then try iracing.com you can win $10,000.00 in real money.

@TheFinalWord

That is not correct. Removing the leaderboards wouldn't solve the problem. Someone doing 1lap-races has that xp advantage in getting new sponsors earlier, leveling up the car much faster and earning more money, as their car, in terms of races done (and therefore prize money won) gets more money with less deterioration. 

With 1 lap races, there should be no problem in getting a car to lvl 99 and still gain money from races. My highest car is lvl 62 and I'm at the point, where ony 2nd or better in a full field gets me enough money to pay repairs... and that was already done with the BoostPack and 90% 3 lap races.

This needs to be done to balance the game experience for every type of player, regardless of leaderboards.

Photonik said:
@TheFinalWord

That is not correct. Removing the leaderboards wouldn't solve the problem. Someone doing 1lap-races has that xp advantage in getting new sponsors earlier, leveling up the car much faster and earning more money, as their car, in terms of races done (and therefore prize money won) gets more money with less deterioration. 

With 1 lap races, there should be no problem in getting a car to lvl 99 and still gain money from races. My highest car is lvl 62 and I'm at the point, where ony 2nd or better in a full field gets me enough money to pay repairs... and that was already done with the BoostPack and 90% 3 lap races.

This needs to be done to balance the game experience for every type of player, regardless of leaderboards.

The removal of the leaderboards would solve the problem as it would remove the public access to everyone's XP level.  You can't complain about something that you don't have any knowledge of.

I think that the time has come for the community to start an official petition to remove the leaderboards. 

The removal of the leaderboards would solve the problem as it would remove the public access to everyone's XP level.  You can't complain about something that you don't have any knowledge of.

Then you missed the point of this whole thread. It is all about 1-lap races paying the same as 3, 5, 7, 9000 Laps! And having no knowledge about it?

I do a 1-lap race and get xp, I do a 3-lap race and get xp. I'll see, that it's pretty much the same, though I invested thrice the time. One must be dumb as shit to not get, that this is completely out of balance. I don't even need other players to race with, to see that. Even a single-player game shouldn't have that.

It's like playing a mmorpg and getting the same amount of xp for way easier mobs (taking only 1/3rd of the time), just because you are in a different region.

I don't need a leaderboard to see that. In fact, the leaderboard tells me NOTHING about this problem, as I can just guess, how a certain user played, without knowing for sure.

Photonik said:
@TheFinalWord

I think that the time has come for the community to start an official petition to remove the leaderboards. 

False, you can still see their discipline levels in the lobby.