Sign in to follow this  

F1™ 2016 – Supported Wheels | Codemasters Blog

F1™ 2016 – Supported Wheels | Codemasters Blog

As the release date for F1™ 2016 gets closer and closer, one of the questions we’re asked the most is the supported wheel list for the game. We’re very pleased to share the full list of compatible wheels and controllers for all three platforms: PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Read the full story here

Well reading that list I can see there is no support for Ferrari Racing Wheel Red Legend Edition PC/PS3. I'm sure it will work but reading that list I feel it wouldn't be.

Can we assign custom buttons for functions? Like assigning buttons for brake bias, diff setting and fuel mapping?

A frustration with F1 2015 on PC. If you have limited wheel buttons such as Ligitech G27 and therefore have to map some functions to keyboard including the in game pause menu left/right selection. When returning to driving it takes upto 10seconds to recognise you are back on the wheel and boom you've crashed.

Is this resolved in F1 2016? Hope so

Thanks

From Fanatec Europe Blog:

You might have already noticed that we have removed the icons to show the PlayStation compatibility on our website. So what does that mean?

As part of the licensing process for a new, officially licensed racing wheel, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has asked us to stop promoting our unlicensed wheels as beeing PlayStation compatible and we are happy to comply with that. As soon as we have a fully licensed PlayStation wheel on the market, we will officially announce the compatibility again.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
If you purchase a new wheel from us from now on we will only guarantee the PC or Xbox One compatibility as advertised.

I hope you understand our position and rest assured that we do everything to make our products as compatible as possible.

I want to emphasize: "The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not."

Me and my community can only cancel our pre-order.
Thanks anyway...

Hi Jenny,

It's great that we have such support with different wheels, can we take it that button mapping will be better than in F1 2015. It would be nice to be able to assign your own buttons, with the F1 wheel you have 13 buttons but only a handful get used due to restrictions.

I've opened a petition to ask sony and fanatec to restore the support for fanatec wheels

https://www.change.org/p/sony-computer-entertainment-sce-restore-fanatec-wheel-support-on-sony-ps4-for-game-developers

Please note that controllers not on the official supported list should also work, as long as a custom control scheme is created.

Does this also refer to the ps4 list of supported wheels or is it just for xbox one.

Common guys get it together. Just cancelled my pre-order until we can get some Fanatec support on PS4. Worked great for 2015!

Proud Fanatec user....

like Project Cars and Dirt (also CODEMASTERS!)...wanted to buy F1 2016 for PS 4...
could be nice....but without Club Sport support...

==>

I can´t... :-(

I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.

Hi Jenny,

I have the Fanatec CSW V2 (F1 Rim) as mentioned on the compatibility list. However, I'm using the Fanstec V3 pedals which are not mentioned and I had a lot of trouble with the compatibility in f1 2015. Will my setup work with this year's game?

Cheers!

Pharaoh15 said:
Hi Jenny,

I have the Fanatec CSW V2 (F1 Rim) as mentioned on the compatibility list. However, I'm using the Fanstec V3 pedals which are not mentioned and I had a lot of trouble with the compatibility in f1 2015. Will my setup work with this year's game?

Cheers!

Would like to know as well!

Hy ,kann mir jemand helfen und zwar wird das Logitech Momo Racing in der Einstellung erkannt , aber es lässt sich nicht konfigurieren , ebenso das Brems und Gaspedal , wer kann helfen, danke im Voraus

Logitech G27 is not working, the game don`t even see it. :(
Are you kidding me Codemasters? Is there on your list of wheels for PC.
What kind of bullshit is that? I stayed up till 4AM to buy the game...

This is so frustrating, i`m gonna ask for a refund.

I'm so sad. I pre-ordered the game, started it up at midnight, the moment I was able to, and my wheel won't work with it. I have the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2, which works with F1 2015 and other PS4 games, but not F1 2016.

I really hope there is a strong effort to fully resolve this, along with all the other wheel and pedal compatibility issues. The game seems amazing, with all the customization options (I love the return of the 3 practice sessions, along with the team goals and such), and it looks great! It's just awful to play with a PS4 controller.

Fanatec says it's solely up to the developers to include my particular wheel, although this post says different. Either way, I'm desperately hoping for a proper solution.

Any news on fixing the game for G27 users?
I can`t play the game because my G27 is not recognised.

Just got my F1 2016 copy...couldnt find the supported wheels when i pre-ordered..
Very dissapointed..it will not work with my Fanatec csr elite wheel..

Luckily I haven't unwrapped my copy of 2016 so far. Will return it to the shop right away and not buy again until the Fanatec support has solved. I'm truly sad for this, since I'm quite a committed F1- and Codemasters-Fan and full of pleasant anticipation to play the 2016 game. But as a V2 owner, i feel now like punched in the face.

I don't blame Codemasters for this – obviously it's a thing between Sony and Fanatec. But what should i do with a game that doesn't support my hardware? I don't see to spend another money on some creaky plastic crap and leave a top notch piece to gather dust.

The options for us Fanatec-users to play F1 2016 seem to be:
- wait for support on PS4 (i'm not really confident about this)
- playing with the PS4 controller (come on ...)
- buy a supported hardware like TM or Logitech (no option for me since i don't like the toy appeal)
- buy a X1 along with the Fanatec X1-Rim (not in 100 years)
- move over to the PC (seems to make sense for me but is too expensive for a hasty reflex)
- giving F1 2016 a miss (my choice)

Sorry if my appearance here seems kinda grumpy but I'm so sick of being the industries cash cow. I'm not interested on all the internal licensing sh.t or whatever. If i'm spending good money on all the stuff, i expect it to work. Otherwise say good bye to a long term customer.

Pharaoh15 said:

Hi Jenny,

Cheers!

CSW V2 doesn't work with 2016, it doesn't even get recognized in the menu.