Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.21. Found a bug? Post it here!

Busterbvi said:
Didzis said:
Busterbvi said:
Thanks for the clarification chaps but I still feel that we should be able to choose if we want the update or not.
If you ever play online (daily, weekly, leagues, etc), you have to have the same version as everyone else. Choosing which updates to install would only work in a singleplayer only game

But now I cant play the game because I know if I launch it, it will be zapped by an update that creates sound issues so for now I'm screwed and I have to wait for another patch to fix the patch I didn't want ! I dont want my sounds buggered up, I like it the way it is thank you.

I bought the game, I own my copy, therefore it should be up to me if I want it modified. It seems to me that lately when Codies release an update it creates new issues, the last one was Thrustmaster FFB, now its sound issues, if this update was an optional DL on Steam I could wait until the issues are fixed and then DL a good update and in the meantime I could keep playing.

Run Steam in offline mode and play single player for now.

Thanks versedi, I didn't know I could run Steam in off line mode ! good to know as I only play single player anyway.

Busterbvi said:
Thanks versedi, I didn't know I could run Steam in off line mode ! good to know as I only play single player anyway.

Watch out for the game starting to update itself after you quit it. Beware.

Hi all, thanks for your comments! We're looking into the audio issues as a priority, and hope to have a fix very soon. Will come back here and keep you updated as and when I've got news.

Busterbvi said:
Didzis said:
Busterbvi said:
Thanks for the clarification chaps but I still feel that we should be able to choose if we want the update or not.
If you ever play online (daily, weekly, leagues, etc), you have to have the same version as everyone else. Choosing which updates to install would only work in a singleplayer only game

But now I cant play the game because I know if I launch it, it will be zapped by an update that creates sound issues so for now I'm screwed and I have to wait for another patch to fix the patch I didn't want ! I dont want my sounds buggered up, I like it the way it is thank you.

I bought the game, I own my copy, therefore it should be up to me if I want it modified. It seems to me that lately when Codies release an update it creates new issues, the last one was Thrustmaster FFB, now its sound issues, if this update was an optional DL on Steam I could wait until the issues are fixed and then DL a good update and in the meantime I could keep playing.

Play offline. Can't update without internet.

Thanks, but make sure they keep the onboard gravel rattle thingiemajoof! ;)
i will punch you in the belly button pork chops :D.

Hi all, thanks for your comments! We're looking into the audio issues as a priority, and hope to have a fix very soon. Will come back here and keep you updated as and when I've got news.

Great stuff, all they need to do is roll back the sound mods, it was fine as it was ! apart from the silly BOOM sound when you cross the finish and the co-drivers voice on replay heli view, you can loose those if you like !

I don't mind gravel noise, but please, don't make it knock against the bottom of the Helicopter that's like 10 stores above the stage. :D 

@ChristinaMc @CMMcBabe there's a guy on the Steam forums that came up with a fix for the audio, apparently (for non-VR users) -

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/353916981478044427/

It also seems to work for the people that tried it. Are we allowed to replace game files though? Won't the game go full "HURRR U CHEET" mode and start banning left and right? :D If not... I'd sure like to give this a go as well.

@ChristinaMc @CMMcBabe there's a guy on the Steam forums that came up with a fix for the audio, apparently (for non-VR users) -

It also seems to work for the people that tried it. Are we allowed to replace game files though? Won't the game go full "HURRR U CHEET" mode and start banning left and right? :D If not... I'd sure like to give this a go as well.

A fix is incoming at 10am this morning, so it's best to wait it out. :)

The fix list (no big surprises in here) is...

·         Audio - Engine and Co-Driver balance is now back to how it was in 1.20.

·         Audio - Surround now works like it did in 1.20.

·         Audio - Engine audio during post race sequence now plays out correctly.

Awesome, thanks for the info! And, of course, thanks to the Dirt team for such a swift fix!                   

Don't worry too much, we are about to release a fix for all of the new audio problems.

And of course Christina replied a minute before me and now I look like a chump.

The patch has now been released.

Up until just now I always thought @ChristinaMc and @CMMcBabe were the same person.                            

Up until just now I always thought @ChristinaMc and @CMMcBabe were the same person.                            
Yea I've been wondering why she would need two accounts.

Yea I've been wondering why she would need two accounts.
Haha! Nope, we're two separate people - promise. ;) 

(CMMcBabe is the awesome Mr McCabe in QA - https://twitter.com/fish_balloon) 

I am definitely a different person to Christina, we are sometimes in the same room at the same time.  My forum nickname is thanks to @Hatward many years ago.

i could be crazy but the FFB discrepancy between gravel and tarmac is better now.  maybe its just been a while since i played

Could someone test a Renault 5 Turbo on a snow stage? What it sounds like? It it same like before?