Sign in to follow this  

Corner cuts - Algarve

Im sorry CM, but didnt you guys get all the negative feedback about the corner cut crap on Algarve? 

Next to every red and white kerb, there is what looks like green astroturf,   The corner cut line should be the edge of the green stuff furthest from the track. 
People are taking turns 3 or 4 wide sometimes, and little knocks happen, but the race is killed because of the corner cut.  Its the same as grid 2. 

The reason I want all that green stuff usable, well check out the Autosport raceway,  Blue stuff at the side of the track, fully usable, with no penalty. 

Can we have some consistency, either make them all like the Autosport raceway, (better for online fun) or make them all as harsh and ridiculous as Algarve. 

Yas Marina can be a bit of a joke.  You gotta give us some leeway.  Or should I just plough into the crashed cars in the middle of the track? 

Corner cuts....YES!  but only corner cuts,  No one deserves a penalty for being pushed onto the grass, of course your coming back on full power,  Nothing is gained, so why the penalty? 

I agree there should be consistency across the board & there's a lot of weird areas were even two wheels will garner a penalty of you're full throttle.
Yet the rules of nearly any road racing formula (nascar I'm looking at you) dictate you that road limits are the white lines.
he corner cutting penalty.
Martin Brundle has been banging on about it since Seb V could bang it on pole consistently.
You and I both know that there's huge time to be gained by keeping 5-10kmph in a corner and using all that astro turf, on the exit. That's why the white line penalty exists and not the corner cutting penalty. To stop the people who take liberties with such areas to help passes or set untouchable laptimes.
If you have to take avoiding action just lift and half throttle back on. Works every time. Same if you have to cut to the inside.

It is on every track. On Spa the S-Curve right at the end/after the beginning (depending) doesn't allow a single wheel on the grass, but on Red Bull Ring you can drive off the track by 30m.

At least I would like to see no penalty in any curve, unless you stay in front of the red pylons.

@Mickdoohan‌, I get what your saying about lifting off, and there is no penalty. But ending up on the grass is a penalty in a way, and it slows you down, Codemasters did say.. "if you don't gain anything you don't get a penalty". So with that in mind, my original gripe still stands. Consistency is needed.

I agree there should be consistency across the board & there's a lot of weird areas were even two wheels will garner a penalty of you're full throttle.
Yet the rules of nearly any road racing formula (nascar I'm looking at you) dictate you that road limits are the white lines.
Martin Brundle has been banging on about it since Seb V could bang it on pole consistently.
You and I both know that there's huge time to be gained by keeping 5-10kmph in a corner and using all that astro turf, on the exit. That's why the white line penalty exists and not the corner cutting penalty. To stop the people who take liberties with such areas to help passes or set untouchable laptimes.
If you have to take avoiding action just lift and half throttle back on. Works every time. Same if you have to cut to the inside.
I don't know where Nascar fits into your comment? 2 tracks (Daytona & Talladega) have double yellow lines that you cannot pass another car below that line or you are black flagged. All other tracks you can go below the white lines but more often than not there is grass or that area is called the apron which is much flatter than the banking. Sometimes there are curbs to the inside of the corners too. There are places you can go under that white line and sometimes make a little time or the flat of the track will help kind of "hook" the inside to help you get aound the corner.

So that gives me an idea, over in the Nascar '14 the game puts a 20 second timer on you if you pass another car under those double yellow lines at Daytona & Talladega. I don't know how that would work here but, at least you know where you stand when go off the track. Other than that I say game on and no corner cut penalties.

Unless it is a known place where you can go straight across the grass to get to another part of the track. Then make that all but impossible to get through that area. And if they passed anybody to get there they get a penalty that they have to give back within the 20 seconds. But if you make it slow enough to go through there no advantage will be gained anyway. 

Has anybody noticed that if you dipped into the gravels, grass or sand. That it seems to me that your next corner is a lot trickier due to the dirt you picked up on hot tires? Or is it just me?

I don't know where Nascar fits into your comment? 2 tracks (Daytona & Talladega) have double yellow lines that you cannot pass another car below that line or you are black flagged. All other tracks you can go below the white lines but more often than not there is grass or that area is called the apron which is much flatter than the banking. Sometimes there are curbs to the inside of the corners too. There are places you can go under that white line and sometimes make a little time or the flat of the track will help kind of "hook" the inside to help you get aound the corner.

So that gives me an idea, over in the Nascar '14 the game puts a 20 second timer on you if you pass another car under those double yellow lines at Daytona & Talladega. I don't know how that would work here but, at least you know where you stand when go off the track. Other than that I say game on and no corner cut penalties.

Unless it is a known place where you can go straight across the grass to get to another part of the track. Then make that all but impossible to get through that area. And if they passed anybody to get there they get a penalty that they have to give back within the 20 seconds. But if you make it slow enough to go through there no advantage will be gained anyway. 

Has anybody noticed that if you dipped into the gravels, grass or sand. That it seems to me that your next corner is a lot trickier due to the dirt you picked up on hot tires? Or is it just me?
It was reference to the liberal use of the run off areas when they race on circuits. Watkins glen in particular.
@RTAnoskills‌ I agree the consistency is definitely lacking.

I just think, if it can be coded properly, to not give you a penalty if you are forced off by contact. Too often that is the case especially when racing the AI. And we know how rough those public rooms can be. 

RBR is the worst, you can forget about slowing down in tight corners, because you can go to the outside wall and back on the track with no penalty. It's disgusting.

Oh, corner cuts... it's f*****g problem...
right would purposefully cut off, and if the opponent shoved you, in addition not deliberate corner cut punished ...
need fixed
corner cut need punished, but not so radically