Jump to content Jump to content

Upshift Tones - Finally .....

EnsiFerrum

After, I think, 3(three !!!) years of tellng CM to implement a beep when to upshift, we get this Feature.
An Independent developer for a Hard- and Software dashboard solution (Simhub, use google.com for more infos) for racing sims did this with 3 lines of Code!! We got it 1 week after my request!!
And with simhub we are able to determine when the beep is!!
CM you could do so much better ....
In F1-2016 the beep is much to late!!!!
Oh okay nice to know! So i learned two things today, this and that the game is not available in the netherlands;)
maybe it is not annoying when your driving yourself.
ill know on friday! Will be playing 24/7 till i have to work again on monday...:)
  • Social Media & Community Team
JP072 said:
Nice Jenny! Thanks for the reply.
do the drivers get this beep in their ear?you dont hear it in tcam or whatever on television.
Yes, they do, which kind of makes the fact they have that in their ear, drive the car AND manage to talk on the radio to the team (sometimes whilst checking things on the wheel) even more amazing, in my opinion anyway!
JP072 said:
do the drivers get this beep in their ear?you dont hear it in tcam or whatever on television.
Yes, they do. Think Red Bull were one of the first teams to have it, back when David Coulthard was driving for them.

Alexander Wurz asked his engineer while he was a test-Driver for Mc Laren - Mercedes why he always have to check the RPM-bar to know the ideal shiftpoint. "Can't you give me a beep to my ears?" A few weeks later he got his beep. So it was Alex Wurz and Mc Laren who invented this nifty Little Feature.
JP072 said:
Somehow i dont understand why they need a beep.
you feel when you need to shift, you hear the revs.
could be my misjudge?
In the pursuit of maximum performance, it's easier to set and adjust the shift-tone to allow the driver to maximize performance in each gear. The point at which you would get more power from shifting to the next gear can be at different RPMs, thus making the rev lights inadequate when we're talking about thousandths of a second or gaining a few centimeters when trying to make that pass.

Or if the driver needs their attention elsewhere perhaps.
JP072 said:
Yes, they do, which kind of makes the fact they have that in their ear, drive the car AND manage to talk on the radio to the team (sometimes whilst checking things on the wheel) even more amazing, in my opinion anyway!
Great to hear :)

Archived