Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS4 Worth a buy?

Hi all,
I'm a total F1 fanatic (been a fan since the 70's) and I'm wondering if this years outing is worth a buy day 1?
I didn't buy F1 2015 as career mode had been dropped and as I never play online, career mode was the only mode I ever played..  oh man, was I angry when I found out it had been dropped :(

Anyway, I read that career mode is back..   but I don't know any details.  would you guys say this years game is worth buying if you only play career mode?

Thanks

Sure. I bought the ps4 for F1 2015 and its the only game I have. 

No regrets. 

I don't have the game yet but watched a lot of video's of people playing the game and I think this is the game we were waiting for so long. 

I didn't buy F1 2015 at day one for the same reasons as you. I did buy it in a sale and it was actually a fun game. From what I saw in F1 2015 and the video's of F1 2016 this is worth a day 1 purchase.

Short: Yes
Long: Helllll yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% yes, i think the PS4 is the best version of the game, considering the xbox Multiplayer issues and that the PC is usually not that polished

I also bought a PS4 + T150 wheel + wheelstand + headphones for this experience, but I've yet to find out if it was worth it. And I think it is. In the meanwhile i played F1 2015 on it, which was cool. But F1 2016 should be even better. Especially if you like career mode, safety car, formationlap, better physics and FFB (?) and a more advanced menu. :)

Rindt70 said:
...I'm wondering if this years outing is worth a buy day 1?...

How could there be an empirical answer to that before day 1 from any customers who haven't played the (day-one-patched) final/release build?

Operator1 said:

Rindt70 said:
...I'm wondering if this years outing is worth a buy day 1?...

How could there be an empirical answer to that before day 1 from any customers who haven't played the (day-one-patched) final/release build?

For me, the new handling alone is worth the buy. The on-track experience is just really great, and there were no huge game breaking bugs in any of the preview videos or live streams I've seen from the full game, so that beta experience combined with the huge amount of new content and features is enough for me. Though I understand people wanting to wait for reviews of the full game etc.