Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.22. Found a bug? Post it here!

JZStudios said:
And most of them don't give a rats ass about racing games, other than trying it with an Xbox controller once or twice.
Well, this super accurate statement basically closes this discussion.

Also, given that in the last month, peak amount of players in a day being online was less than 1000, your estimation of few hundred makes it a vast portion of the playerbase in DR. Thanks for proving my point :p

JZStudios said:
And most of them don't give a rats ass about racing games, other than trying it with an Xbox controller once or twice.
Well, this super accurate statement basically closes this discussion.

Also, given that in the last month, peak amount of players in a day being online was less than 1000, your estimation of few hundred makes it a vast portion of the playerbase in DR. Thanks for proving my point :p
Peak amount of VR players? You're so wrong about so many things it's honestly tiring. AO is still a false effect.
Youtube videos may not be the best representative, but the majority of people play things like Job Simulator, not Dirt Rally. And you still make no sense. I pull a random number out of my ass and you take it as the absolute fact that a few hundred VR owners play every day? Wha.... No.
And just because a few hundred people (If that were so) own it, it doesn't mean they play it every day.

And AO is still a false effect. And you're still wrong about it.

Yeah, so, despite whether it's 10 or 100 users benefiting from these VR updates (great for them), I would still like some feedback from devs. Yes, I have tried verifying multiple times, and I really don't wanna redownload 40GB just for a shot in the dark. 

Yeah, so, despite whether it's 10 or 100 users benefiting from these VR updates (great for them), I would still like some feedback from devs. Yes, I have tried verifying multiple times, and I really don't wanna redownload 40GB just for a shot in the dark. 
Wow. Didn't realize the game was 40 gb. I actually was having issues too until I redownloaded, so it might be your best option. Steams integrity check doesn't seem to do much. Will try with 5.1 and see if it makes a difference.

This needs to be patched asap ...
Example:
Ive join the "leagues" online and then compete in events. Say i have 4 different online events and 1 of them events has finished or expired. When i try to go to other events its getting an error saying "CANNOT CONNECT TO RACE NET" and wont let you join online. For some silly poxy reason you have to go and delete the finished or expired events from https://www.dirtgame.com/uk
that u have joined and now finished
BANDAID FIX
1. Sign into : https://www.dirtgame.com/uk
2. Click on your "Leagues"
3. Leave any leagues that has finished / expired   ... "Leave League" option
4. Startup Steam, Start dirt Rally, View leagues ...

I know this wont fix everyone's racenet problems but it worked for me, so far so good 

Did anyone tested new stable version of Expierence if the wheel is detected unlike in the beta?

JZStudios said:
Wow. Didn't realize the game was 40 gb. I actually was having issues too until I redownloaded, so it might be your best option. Steams integrity check doesn't seem to do much. Will try with 5.1 and see if it makes a difference.
So I think I found the root of my problem, I'm using an Optical cable with a card that uses DTS connect. Optical can only output DolbyD or DTS, but DTS connect will encode anything surround into DTS so the optical cable can carry it. However it seems to be, or used to be hit or miss for people. I found a thread on steam with many others having no surround on optical, then someone confirming this was recently working for weeks, and now it isn't. I've only had the game a couple months, and until these two patches it worked from the beginning. So support was added at some point for this but the last patch did not truly roll back to 1.2, when it still worked. 

JZStudios said:
So I think I found the root of my problem, I'm using an Optical cable with a card that uses DTS connect. Optical can only output DolbyD or DTS, but DTS connect will encode anything surround into DTS so the optical cable can carry it. However it seems to be, or used to be hit or miss for people. I found a thread on steam with many others having no surround on optical, then someone confirming this was recently working for weeks, and now it isn't. I've only had the game a couple months, and until these two patches it worked from the beginning. So support was added at some point for this but the last patch did not truly roll back to 1.2, when it still worked. 
Ah. Yeah, that's why I don't use optical, it'll only allow a compressed surround, and I think only in 5.1. I have a 5.1 and 2.1 set up plugged into my MOBO's 3.5 jacks and have zero problems, along with uncompressed audio. If your using a fancy actual 5.1 receiver try using HDMI if you can for audio out. That supports full 5.1.