Sign in to follow this  

THE PITS. Codies, can they be opened?

It's one of the few negatives of this game for me; No pitstops. Codies, is there any chance a patch can be released to make pit stops possible?

Who else would like this to happen? I know I'm not in the minority on this one...

I'm all for pit stops, even if it's just in the enduros. Tyre wear would probably have to be turned on elsewhere in the game.

Lack of pit stops and lack of mirrors are the two massive flaws with this otherwise enjoyable and improve game. It's a shame to have great handling and nice cars (which would be nicer if we could buy them) when you lose 1/2 or more what any racer knows is an integral part of racing -- pit stops and the ability to see behind you.

Major reviewers have pointed the pit stop flaw out, especially, like you said, when a developer creates (and is so proud of) the very creative and well polished introduction of tire wear.

I agree with the pit stop omission being a flaw. But, what I would have like to see would be that tire wear would have at least been an option to use across all disciplines not just Endurance. 

And if pit stops would be available I would think that fuel and repairs should be a pit option as well. With your repairs being just quick ones to replace wings, & some bodywork etc.

Lack of pit stops and lack of mirrors are the two massive flaws with this otherwise enjoyable and improve game. It's a shame to have great handling and nice cars (which would be nicer if we could buy them) when you lose 1/2 or more what any racer knows is an integral part of racing -- pit stops and the ability to see behind you.

Major reviewers have pointed the pit stop flaw out, especially, like you said, when a developer creates (and is so proud of) the very creative and well polished introduction of tire wear.
Pretty much no win situation though.

If you remember the old forum on F1-2013, there were significant issues with people complaining about how difficult tyre wear management was. Move to a game where tyre wear no longer needs to be considered and ... everyone complains there is no tyre wear !

Seems to me like the idea of Grid is to focus on the racing and not on the strategy/sim aspects, so you can understand why the pits are not in GA.

I have some minor annoyances with damage. One thing that really irritates me in practice is that if I damage the car I have to go back to the lobby to repair the car. And when I go back into the lobby the active icon is race, so if I'm not awake I end up leaving practice and going into the race ! There should be a reset damage icon from the prime menu (maybe along with reset car).

I agree with what you say about the mirrors, but Loore said they were looking into possibilities on this I seem to remember...that's no gurantee of course but is at least a hope.

yes offcorse i would like an option for pitstops... especially for endurance , open wheels and touring cars and only for races over  8 -10 laps ... When the car suffer from heavy damage or even medium you can not play anymore and u just retore while with pitstop damage repair possibility you can continue racing.... in endurance would be great for tyre's change too....
yes i would like to see this option with any update  8->

pit stops get my vote only for long endurance races, and with that, increased tire wear. at the moment, i can run an entire endurance event on one set of tires, however in real endurance racing, they tend to change tires at least once in a race. making an adjustment such that you need to pit will add yet another strategy to the game- pit strategy- which will further distinguish the skilled drivers from the crash and bash idiots

Real endurance races also last longer than 1 hour, which can still be done on one set of tires. I see absolutely no need for pit spots to be added to this game, especially since none of the other Grid games had them.

Pit stops would be a good idea, especially for leagues/tournaments with long races.

TUSMBOX said:
Real endurance races also last longer than 1 hour, which can still be done on one set of tires. I see absolutely no need for pit spots to be added to this game, especially since none of the other Grid games had them.

not only that, some endurance classes have been able to run up to 5 hours on a set of tires, insane! still, the added strategy involved if we are forced to pit or run on blown out tires will make it harder for useless scrubs to come close to the more skilled drivers online.

totally agreed for endurance events, for the others not because that can become something negative, for example the wreckers, remember that a tracer can work both ways!

Don't want to lead you on or give false hope so in short, not for Autosport. 

It was obviously something we looked at during the development of the game and it will no doubt be something we'll look at for future games. The Community response to pit stops has been well and truly noted :)

That's a shame. Especially since the ToCA games, whilst not strictly sims still all had them. Ah well, thanks for the response anyway Loore.

Yeah, a implementation like the Race Driver games should have been added, where you go on the pits and the game holds you for a period of time relative to how damaged your car is. Of course, to do it properly, rival damaged cars should pit too, then there's putting in multiplayer, so lots to test I assume!

Yup it would have made the game more complete. Hopefully pit stops will be in GRID 3.