Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f1 2016 ps4 engineer voice command

I have tried loads now and still cant talk to my engineer. I press the radio command button, i just get the list of  things to say, it says speak but it is not hearing me ?  All i can do is manually select what i want to say to the engineer.  i am using the tritton 720+ headset. If anybody could give me a step by step guide to getting it working then sound, at the moment, trying to read all them engineer options results in a crash. Thanks

Hi,

On your PS4 console, please go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Adjust Microphone Level. Ensure that this is set at a high enough volume for the system to recognise your voice.

If that doesn't help, please tell us what country you are in and what language you are attempting to run the game in. Also tell us if the voice command system gives you an unrecognised message when you try and speak a command (the microphone will go red and the engineer will ask you to repeat the command), or whether it does not pick up your voice at all.

Hi @Britpoint

Wanted to report an issue with voice commands on PS4, often when I press the 'talk' button, the engineer immediately picks up ''Set Full Wets'', right after pressing it without having the time to say anything. Not sure why that is, I didn't have the volume up very high and it happens too fast for the game to actually have time for recognizing a command. This never happened with F1 2015 so I don't think it's a headset/mic problem.

Hi @Britpoint

Wanted to report an issue with voice commands on PS4, often when I press the 'talk' button, the engineer immediately picks up ''Set Full Wets'', right after pressing it without having the time to say anything. Not sure why that is, I didn't have the volume up very high and it happens too fast for the game to actually have time for recognizing a command. This never happened with F1 2015 so I don't think it's a headset/mic problem.
Thanks, we are aware of a couple of issues along those lines with false positives that have been dealt with on our side and will be included in an update.

Thanks for that, good to know it's being looked into :) I'd like to make a suggestion, would it be possible to add an option in the menu to not show the list of commands when you press it? I found I'd find it a lot more immersive to just press the button once I remember the commands and not have the big list pop up every time once you know them all by heart, as it takes up a lot of space on the screen

Also a ''Yes/No'' response command could be useful when Jeff asks if you want to change the strategy

"Yes/No" is problematic because they're only a single syllable each - the recognition systems actually struggle with these quite a bit, which is why most of our commands are 3-5 syllables long. I'll give some thought to your suggestion.

"Affirmative" and "Negative" would make for reasonable responses to Jeff. Assuming he asked many questions.

Hi, I absolutely cannot hear my engineer! He's talking but it's too faint to understand. I have turned down all volume controls as low as possible and him up. I turned the ps4 controller speaker volume all the way up but to no avail. I also cannot hear him when I use my headphones. Please help!

On ps4, career mode, honda, tracks spain, monaco, canada & now baku i press the coms button and the soeak menu doesnt appear at all. You hear the mic sound when i push the button but nothig happens. I cannot speak to the engineer nor does the menu come up to select what i wanna say.

i am on the game and my engineer has said  that I can speak to him in the garage but there is nothing from me to prees how do I do this I am on ps4

leighton456 you press L1 to open the voice commands menu. The menu is not available while in the Garage or in the pit lane though, use it while you're on track.