Sign in to follow this  

Yep...the hoppers still suck on xbox

Please...for god sakes...patch in a lobby browser for the xbox version....you either get a lobby with 2 people in it after a long search or not at all.......this hopper system idea really needs to be scrunched into tiny ball and fired into the sun.

You are effectively killing the mp on the xbox one with this stupid system

It's a joke at best! If it can be done on Project Cars, it can be done by Codemasters too. There are literally no excuses possible, the biggest joke really is that people on XB1 have to pay the same price as those on PS4, when quite clearly our version of multiplayer is lacking!

I agree with you guys that hoppers isn't the way to go...but, I just saw some footage of xmattyg /ben /some other youtubers, that where in an open lobby(on Xbox), racing a full grid with AI without any lag! So the connections/lag issues seem to look promising. Just hope they can get custom lobby browsing in the game.

You realise the ga,e has been officially out for half hour, ur not gonna find big lobbies, but yeah we need the custom lobby browser asap

jammie360 said:
You realise the ga,e has been officially out for half hour, ur not gonna find big lobbies, but yeah we need the custom lobby browser asap
Exactly this guy be doing an hour review of the game like at least give it a chance till at least the wider community even have the game 

So sad to hear that. This was my biggest problem in 2015 and main reason that pushed me away from game. Do developers think that this system is good? Like rHodgey mentioned, Project Cars added lobby browser after release and I'm sure that Codemasters have far more resources so I have big problem understanding this.

Well not worth 70€ in my opinion, was excited but seems like I'm going to wait for sale or someone to say that their hopper system is somehow great. Biggest problem in those is that you can't do what you want and what was premade in 2015 wasn't even close to what I would like lobby settings to be.

The three "matchmaking" options are crap, not a fan. Damage off leads to horrendous drivers ruining lobbies as always.

Sounds like they are working on something that will let you specify options and it will drop you in a suitable lobby...don't bother, find out what is needed for a custom/open lobby broswer and get it added ASAP. Why bandaid it, it's obvious what people want 

If it's not possible tell us why and we can ask Xbox if they are to blame to allow for it to be added.

Have to say I haven't experienced any severe lag yet and that was with Canadians, Australians, Mainland Europeans and myself in Ireland

lol this thread is hilarious, the game barely came out world wide and they expect everyone to be on multiplayer right away. lol

F1 2015 was out last year. We asked for lobby browser. PS4 and PC got it, Xbox didn't.

Even with so few on, there were quite a few open lobbies tonight which nobody can see for themselves unless it's someone on their Friends List.

That sucks majorly for longevity of Multiplayer and keeping people playing. With all the "matchmaking" being damage off and any assists allowed, I can see people giving up due to the idiots.

lol this thread is hilarious, the game barely came out world wide and they expect everyone to be on multiplayer right away. lol
I think you missed our point. In my opinion that hopper system would suck even if there were millions of players on same time. Even if there somewhere is lobby I want to play in, it's very unlikely that I get added to it as I cant choose it myself. And those premade hoppers are just horrible. I would like to have short qualy and atleast 25% race but sadly I'm not (yet) good enough to play without all assists. That makes closest option to be 5 lap race, and in my mind that is joke. It's 2016 now and they had this in 2013 and so on. 

Maybe I could understand this if it was same for all platforms but we on xbox are only ones with this in my opinion horrible system that deserves to be forgotten and scrapped. Would be nice to get a word from someone from Codemasters about this.

Not had the chance to explore the online modes available but if true if hoppers are in the 2016 game I have to ask you guy's. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Nobody wants this. We have never wanted this. It was never popular in the first place. Gives us a custom GP list/browser for us to choose which lobby we wish to join. Otherwise it looks a giant massive middle finger to everybody who plays the game on xbox one. It's a great game but hoppers makes my blood boil.

Rant over :(  

The hopper system is utterly bizarre and I'd love to know what even made them consider it for 2015, let alone keep it for 2016! It has the same amount of fans as the elimination qualifying did in F1 this year.

2015 was exactly the same on release....you get a few big lobbies and then it died off .....codemasters have had 12 months to fix a fundamental problem with 2015 and they have not done it.........the silence on the matter makes things worse....we dont want a custom search...we want a lobby browser like all of the f1 games prior to 2015 and like project cars has....should be simple

But why is it possible for pc, ps4? ps4 is the lobby system on f1 2015 comes back after a patch.

who is the problen for xbox?  is it microsoft?

Hennes8 said:

who is the problen for xbox?  is it microsoft?
I don't think it's microsoft as Project Cars were able to patch it in after release. My guess is that Codies are just lazy about that and don't care so much about xbox version. And this is good example why someone from Codemasters should tell us what's going on, we would not have to guess who is to blame and what was going in their heads when they decided to stick with that crap.

Well I took liberty to make little StrawPoll about this; http://www.strawpoll.me/11034988

If  someone from Codemasters gets this early on maybe something happens

I find the fact no one from codies has responded to this thread disturbing you know they've seen it what we Gota do start a friggin petition to get these stinking hoppers gone??! @britpoint @jennyannem can someone please at least give a definitive answer as to why this can't be done when slightly mad managed to do it.Nobody at all wants these hoppers,I've not heard one good thing said about them.

Let me start by saying how much I'm loving this game, codies have done a great job! What I don't understand is why they are still persevering with hopper lobbies? This for me is the biggest game breaker and I really fear for the longevity of the game if they don't introduce a lobby browser. Please codies give a dog a bone

I have not heard that. May you link source for that? And yes, it's true that Microsoft usually takes longer to handle patches than Sony but it makes my day and purchase if lobby browser is coming!

Edit: Forgot to quote you breezyskells22

does this work like that?

have you forgoting it is coming in a patch as Microsoft does it a different way to Sony so have a moan at microsoft, NOT CODEMASTERS
No it's not coming in a patch,what is coming is something different 

have you forgoting it is coming in a patch as Microsoft does it a different way to Sony so have a moan at microsoft, NOT CODEMASTERS
No it's not coming in a patch,what is coming is something different 
Could you be bit more specific about that or share source if possible? It's weird that we are not getting good info from developers..