Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 G29 ForceFeedback not working

Just got my copy of F1 2016 and tried out the game, however force feedback for G29 (which is supposed to be supported) does not work, even with the pre-made profile.

On track there is just no force feedback, however on curbs and offtrack Force Feedback is working perfectly. Please help.

I'm a G29 user in the same boat, no option in the setting very annoying as I pre-ordered this in June. I rang Codemasters(UK) to be told supports not in until 2pm UK time - on a release day ????? very poor job I'm a PC version on Steam, wheel works fine with all my other games. Iv verified files, deleted and reinstalled & tried the wheel plugged in to different ports - nothing. 

It seems to me a combination of hardware/software. G29 is working and been tested several times. Try these steps:

Logitech G29/920:

·         While in Windows, unplug the wheel.

·         Uninstall the Logitech Profiler.

·         Re-download the Logitech profiler for the G29 and your OS from here:

o   G29 http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g29-driving-force#download

·         Plug in the wheel when the program prompts you to.

·         Update the firmware if the Logitech software asks you.

·         If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. (For now)

·         Reboot pc and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after.

I have tried again both in PS3 and PS4 modes and works fine. If I cannot reproduce the problem, is very hard for me to be able to understand the problem.

Doesnt seem to be working here either, however i put on the center spring function, and tweaked the settings a little, and now the game is driveable at a somewhat accepted level, however it is sad that it does not work as i wish.

Maybe a certain batch of the G29? Or something else...

I had problems with Force feedback as well. But also with the rotation. (it went on full rotation)
For me it was solved when i opened the Logitech Gaming software, and linked the existing Logitech F1 2015 profile to the F1 2016.exe file.

After that it needed a bit of tweaking, but it's perfectly fine now.

Exactly same issues.
Have tried a combination of all in game settings to get it to work but hasn't.
Obviously followed the fix on the sticky post
Downgraded the windows 10 to before the anniversary update and hasn't made a difference.
As Biselvon mentioned in Logitech Gaming Software under the axis properties for the wheel "Enable centring spring.." checked and at 80-90% doesn't feel too bad in the corners but then on the straight there is no ffb so a slight adjustment oversteers the car and I go careering for a barrier.
It's making the game very hard to play (only been trying time trial and quick race until I can drive the car properly) and beyond having no enjoyment constantly I'm frustrated at it being unplayable and spending the majority of my day and night to find the fix for this.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

I had this on my PC version, with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. I discovered that if you go into the calibration on the desktop, there's a checkbox for centring spring that was unchecked.  Once checked all my FFB problems were solved.  Hope it works for you too.

I had this on my PC version, with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. I discovered that if you go into the calibration on the desktop, there's a checkbox for centring spring that was unchecked.  Once checked all my FFB problems were solved.  Hope it works for you too.
Is that in the Logitech software, windows device manager or F1 2016 app?
If it's the Logitech gaming software it still does not use ffb on the track (when the wheel is centred and you start to turn there is no resistance until about 10°) also bumps and undulations in the track do not make the wheel respond but the graphics do move in response to them.

I've looked more into this and a windows reinstall on a separate SSD then installing steam, Nvidia drivers, Logitech gaming software and F1 2016 the Force feedback was working correctly.

Not sure what program it was that was interfering with it but if I do find out 'll post back.

JonL said:
I've looked more into this and a windows reinstall on a separate SSD then installing steam, Nvidia drivers, Logitech gaming software and F1 2016 the Force feedback was working correctly.

Not sure what program it was that was interfering with it but if I do find out 'll post back.

I did also make a clean install and now it is working PERFECT.

Ive got thexbox/pc versio G920.
It is doing the same thing, with a distinct lack of Ffb.

Ive tried everything short of reinstalling my operating system (which i refuse to do).
Codemaasters are the ones at fault, for realeasing yet another buggy peice of software.
Ive already lost a day of playing, trying to ge this dam game to work properly.

I have flashed the latest firmware to my wheel, whcih fixed the pedal assignment / full throttle issue. But has failed to fix the lack of Ffb.

The only time it briefly worked, was when i was updating the Logitech Gamer Profiler software. Ffb worked while this software was being updated, but on a reboot it stopped working again. i`ve not been abe to replicate it again though.

Ive tired runnning the game with Nvidia GeForce Experience disabled
Manually disabling Gamer Profiler before and after the game loads
Recalibrating the G920 windows driver settings before and after the game loads
Installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX970 Turbo

The only thing i now havent done is try reinstalling the game in steam, im not sure if its even possible and i doubt it will make a difference.

After a couple of years being too busy and too poor for it, I have finally managed to get back to it with F1 2016 and a G29 wheel on PS4, while I last played F1 2012 with a G27 wheel on a PS3.

I used to love the force feedback in F1 2012, where the wheel provides a feedback on how close you are to the traction threshold, by progressively making the wheel harder to turn, and suddenly becomes loose again when the tyres lose traction and the car goes into understeer (can't really recall exactly how it felt in oversteer). I have found that very useful to push the limits in corners, especially when tyres start to wear out, as it allows me to correct myself  very quickly when rear end starts to go out etc.

However I have not been able to find something similar in the force feedback experience of F1 2016. I couldn't really feel the rear end going out through the wheel when I am testing the limits without traction control (or understeering), and it seems to only way I can tell if it is happening is by the visuals on the screen (which is often too late to correct when it is obvious enough to me). All other aspects of the force feedback feature seem to be working fine, such as the vibrations on the steering wheel when I drive over the curbs etc.

I am just interested to know if I the only one.

I stopped using the Logitech Profiler altogether and fixed my wheel problems. now I can tweak the settings.
(I have not bothered updating it and don't think I will)

peterf1 said:
I stopped using the Logitech Profiler altogether and fixed my wheel problems. now I can tweak the settings.
(I have not bothered updating it and don't think I will)
What do you use as an alternative. We need the profiler running in order for the windows usb driver for the wheel to be properly activated.?

Any solution for this so far??? I have the same problem. I made it work 2 or 3 times randomly. It was amazing. But I could never make it work again. It's very very annoying. I'm on the verge of selling my wheel or not play f1 2016 anymore.

Also peterf1 it's quite unhelpful to come here and say if you have a solution and then don't disclose it... that helps no one. And you are forum user. Coming for fo forums only for answers and to provide zero help when you have it is bad.

I occasionally get this glitch where I get no feedback and a restart usually works for me. But for me the biggest issue that these f1 games have had since 2010 is the vsync glitch that messes up your force feedback. The only way to solve most issues is by turning on vsync. Unfortunately your response time will be affected by this. Sucks for someone like me with a 144hz monitor.

I have vsync on it still doesn't work. The only 2 times I managed to make it work was when I was playing project cars before and then switched to F1 but I can't replicate it all the time. Any ideas?

I have vsync on it still doesn't work. The only 2 times I managed to make it work was when I was playing project cars before and then switched to F1 but I can't replicate it all the time. Any ideas?
I think its your logitech profiler. Make sure you reinstall it, the new profiler sucks. Make sure you run at 360 degrees and have the option to let the game change force feedback on. I can't remember the exact name but you'll find it somewhere. Feel free to ask more questions and I'll help out.