Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Crashes at main menu on Steam

I have appeared to have solved the problem. If you are running on an Nvidia graphics card open up your task bar and click End Task on Nvidia Geforce Experience. If you are running on an AMD graphics card do the same and click End Task on Raptr and Plays.tv.    I hope this helps resolve this issue for all who are experiencing it,

Game keeps crashing as soon as I get to the main menu screen with the basic Windows Executable has stopped working. Can anyone please help me with this?

Same, crashes to desktop right before the menu screen.

Such a disappointment, was excited to play this game for months and I can't even open it on a perfectly capable computer

Got mine to work finally. If you are experiencing this issue its most likely due to an nvidia driver. Also opened the steam game through xbox live on win 10 after restarting my system. 

figured out the problem I think gotta disable geforce experience and Raptr. 

Updated OP

a few days ago Nvidia released a Game Ready Driver for F1 2016. You can install it with Gefore Experience. I don't know how it is with AMD, but I think they also have a update. 

Same problem crashing to desktop, NVidia driver update partially solved it now but the new NVidia driver causing overheating

turn off your geforce experience. The game seems to be having trouble running with GeforeE and Raptr on amd

updated to NVidia driver 372.54 and game now starts unfortunately only runs for a few minutes before crashing PC, had similar problem with Project cars and found that system runs stable with NVidia driver 353.06. unfortunately 2016 will not even run with the older driver.   

Found that crashing the PC only happens when returning back to pit menu after a session, PC just completely shuts down, no Errors and nothing in event log, unable to play at the moment very frustrating.

Pc is more than capable of running game

CPU FX 8350

GPU GTX 970

16 gb ram

no overclocking