Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[F1 2016 PC] I guess I'll learn to play this game at 40 fps...

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (OC @ 3.8ghz)
AMD R9 285 (OCed)
16GB of RAM
Installed on SSD
Windows 10
Playing on a 1920x1200 60hz monitor (dual monitor setup)

I was expecting to hit 60 fps at high or medium, but it won't go over 40 fps. Even at ultra low and AA and AF off, it caps at 55 fps.

Hopefully an update will come out soon or an optimized AMD Radeon driver comes out soon, whichever comes first.

Sadly, I asked STEAM for a refund of my purchase. I can play F1 2015 with high settings at 37 FPS with my gamepad, but F1 2016 gives me around 14 FPS at lower graphics settings. Verdict: Unplayable. Action: Requested refund of full amount after 16 minutes of trying to play in unbelievably bad visuals, awful blur & stuttering display. Impossible to control on my gamepad like I can at least play with F1 2015. Sad.
Codemasters... just lost a customer.
ACER V 17 Nitro Gaming Laptop i7
Microsoft XBOX controller for PC
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX 12
GeForce GTX 860M

Its a shame when this happens, but i guess that all devs try to get the best visuals vs performance out of thier games, and so it also means sometimeshat older hardware struggles to keep up.

Comparing to the performance I had in the closed beta, the release has much worse performance unfortunately. :/

laledesi said:
Sadly, I asked STEAM for a refund of my purchase. I can play F1 2015 with high settings at 37 FPS with my gamepad, but F1 2016 gives me around 14 FPS at lower graphics settings. Verdict: Unplayable. Action: Requested refund of full amount after 16 minutes of trying to play in unbelievably bad visuals, awful blur & stuttering display. Impossible to control on my gamepad like I can at least play with F1 2015. Sad.
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX 12
GeForce GTX 860M

laledesi said:
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX 12
GeForce GTX 860M

Hi @laledesi, 
I'm playing with the exact same laptop, getting good 40fps and more with medium settings. Could it be, that your game runs on the internal Intel grafics chip? Check in the nvidia system settings and add f1 2016 manually as a game running only with the gtx860m. What also helped me a bit, was setting the energy options of the 860m manually to maximum performance.  Good luck! 

@laledesi lol looks like someone asked too fast for a refund. Maybe you should have given the game a chance and try to change different settings in nvidia control panel or update drivers? Wait for a patch? You have 14 days to ask for a refund and your playtime must not exceed 2 hours. Everyone else seems to get good results with the game.

jayp666 said:
@laledesi lol looks like someone asked too fast for a refund. Maybe you should have given the game a chance and try to change different settings in nvidia control panel or update drivers? Wait for a patch? You have 14 days to ask for a refund and your playtime must not exceed 2 hours. Everyone else seems to get good results with the game.

Hi, thanks for your input. I struggled to play in easy mode with traction control on my gaming laptop with 37 FPS in F1 2015, but I have more fun with my F1 2012 (with visor mod and grip-enhanced, menu-selected safety car, livery, transparent OSD, and flags mods). I almost requested a refund last year as I found it not my taste and felt being ripped off. I would need a desktop with the latest GPU systems for F1 2016 or XBox 1 but my limited budget doesn't allow me. Besides, I find Formula 1 to be more and more boring to watch these days. Losing interest in the sport and the greedy basturd who leads it to bankrupcy (soon). Thanks.