Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name offensive?

Tried using my last name "Connell" in career mode and it was denied for being offensive?? I don't even get how that's offensive. 

Can this be fixed or am I gonna have to make a fictional character?

See you, you're an awful Connell sometimes.

No idea. Fifa does this sometimes. Also remember someone with what appeared to be a normal name having theirs blocked on pCars so it's probably just a standard set of words/names which get incorrectly flagged

FRACTURED said:
See you, you're an awful Connell sometimes.

No idea. Fifa does this sometimes. Also remember someone with what appeared to be a normal name having theirs blocked on pCars so it's probably just a standard set of words/names which get incorrectly flagged
Do you think there is any chance it gets fixed or should I just play my career as someone else? Highly disappointed right now as I was looking forward to this for a long time...:(

Ho3n3r said:
In what way is Connell offensive!?

No idea. Never had a problem with it in any other games. It only works up to Conn...after the e it will flag it offensive. 

tcco said:
Ho3n3r said:

No idea. Never had a problem with it in any other games. It only works up to Conn...after the e it will flag it offensive. 
Hahaha. I just googled 'Conne'. Apparently it means [Female dog](insult) or idiot in French...

Ho3n3r said:
tcco said:
Ho3n3r said:

Hahaha. I just googled 'Conne'. Apparently it means [Female dog](insult) or idiot in French...
Lol. I'm not sure how responsive developers are on the forums but any suggestions to get this noticed by a Dev would be awesome. Really a shame I can't enjoy this career mode winning as myself

Maybe try typing 'onnell' and then moving the cursor back and putting the C on the front? I had a friend with the surname Scunthorpe that couldn't type it directly into some games and websites but somehow managed to trick his way past by misspelling and then putting a character back in.

Conne is a French word that is used as an insult. You'll find it on urban dictionary
His name is Connell. He should still be able to use it.

The system would make a lot more sense if  they do the check only when you actually submit the name, as opposed to checking it while you're still typing.

Ho3n3r said:
Conne is a French word that is used as an insult. You'll find it on urban dictionary
His name is Connell. He should still be able to use it.

The system would make a lot more sense if  they do the check only when you actually submit the name, as opposed to checking it while you're still typing.
Hey, totally agree, I was just offering an explanation. I suggest a workaround above that might work

Maybe try typing 'onnell' and then moving the cursor back and putting the C on the front? I had a friend with the surname Scunthorpe that couldn't type it directly into some games and websites but somehow managed to trick his way past by misspelling and then putting a character back in.
Thanks. I gave this a try and it didn't work. "onnell" works but that's it. Clearly the word "Conne" is the issue. Anyone know how to reach a dev at all?

Also, I'm on PS4

We're looking at some of the naming issues at the moment and will get this fixed for you in the next update.

Hoo said:
We're looking at some of the naming issues at the moment and will get this fixed for you in the next update.
Awesome news. Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was known about the issue before I got deep into career mode. I saw it on Twitter that some others were having issues. For now I'll settle for the pro career mode until the next update. 

Hoo said:
Do we have a timeline of when the next update will occur for those of us waiting for career mode fixes?