Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audio glitch when in pack of cars PC version

I don't know if this is helpful at all but after further testing I have noticed this sound glitching seems to be much worse when you are close BEHIND a car.  When you are IN FRONT of another car the glitching is much more subtle, to the point where you can't even hear it sometimes.

I had this issue also. Playing on laptop, realtek onboard soundcard. Installed newest driver, turned  off all sound enhancements and disabled the Dolby sound enhancer, that is turned on by default. This solved the issue for me! 

Have it too (PC)

Think Realtek drivers are causing a lot of issues - they seem to be attributed to the stutter/lag bug too, though killing the Realtek task didnt solve it.

Hello guys, having same issue also 

Specs:
Windows 10
GTX 1070
i5-6500 
8 GB RAM DDR3
RealTek Audio updated

pbb76 said:
Have it too (PC)

Think Realtek drivers are causing a lot of issues - they seem to be attributed to the stutter/lag bug too, though killing the Realtek task didnt solve it.
I think it's more likely just a coincidence because the vast majority of motherboards have Realtek audio these days.  I have a separate add-in card based on a CMedia chip and it has the same issue as my onboard Realtek audio chip.

The problem goes away almost entirely on my PC if I enable V-Sync.

It looks like it renders the audio properly when I'm cutting the CPU some slack, for some reason.

issueskid said:
This is currently being worked on for a future patch.
Thanks for the info, and LOL @ the username.

I also have this issue.
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i5 2500K
Nvidia GTX 980
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

I have the same issue and it's really annoying. Hope you'll release a patch for that soon! I have the same sound card as the thread starter, an ASUS Xonar DG. I've tried several drivers from ASUS including the latest one for Windows 10 and Uni Xonar audio driver in different versions, all without a success! Changing audio or other settings in game or in the (audio) control panel does not make any differences.

My hardware:

Windows 10 x64 (without Anniversary update)
Intel i7 6700K @4.5GHz
GTX 970
16GB 2133MHz

I've posted this on another thread, the same applies to your issue though:

- If this is an issue with the AI cars in close proximity then a patch is on its way. It wont be the next patch but it will be the one following that.
- Otherwise there is is a stuttering issue that only affects PC players. There is a fix for this on PC if you change your sound card settings to 48kHz, 24 bit or back to default setting. Some players have been using 192kHz which, with certain sound cards is causing issues.

I'm getting this sound stuttering too. It also happens during the benchmark test. It doesn't happen when I'm on my own. It is specific to the other cars.

System specs:
CPU: i5-4670K @ 4.00GHz
GPU: HD7850 TF
RAM: 8Gb
MOBO: MSI Z87-G45

My MOBO has the Realtek ALC1150 sound chipset.

I've already tried the 48000Hz fix but it didn't work for me.

Apart from the sound crackling bug the audio mixing in general is just a mess.  Why can I hear cars in pit lane louder than my own engine as I drive past?  I can hear other cars 2 corners ahead of me louder than cars right beside me.  Fail.

plucka said:
Apart from the sound crackling bug the audio mixing in general is just a mess.  Why can I hear cars in pit lane louder than my own engine as I drive past?  I can hear other cars 2 corners ahead of me louder than cars right beside me.  Fail.

I hear a “wall of sound” when driving past the pit lane on all tracks (All platforms)
A known issue.
This is fixed and will be in a future patch. 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44992/audio-troubleshooting-official

plucka said:
Maybe be a bit more constructive in your criticisms if you want us to respond and look into any issues you are having. I can't do a lot with "...just a mess" or "fail".

issueskid said:
plucka said:
Maybe be a bit more constructive in your criticisms if you want us to respond and look into any issues you are having. I can't do a lot with "...just a mess" or "fail".

His Problem is clearly described:
 - hear cars in pit lane louder than my own engine as I drive past
 - can hear other cars 2 corners ahead of me louder than cars right beside me

As far as I know is this a well known Problem and you (to lazy to search for the thread) already gave confirmation of this!

And, btw, IMHO your Audio mixing is a mess.