Sign in to follow this  

Logitech g wheels?

Does anyone use g25/g27 with grid 2, grid 1 was spot on as far as realism was concerned but 2 is awful,I've tried everything to get it to work on either wheel but with no luck,PS3 by the way not pc.anyone else agree or disagree?

I am on PC but do notice the crappy feedback, or is that the lack of ?.
Grid 1 felt really good with a wheel, rumble strips, grass, spin and lift off were quite noticable by the feel of the G27 but Grid 2 doesnt seem to have any of that feel.
Hope its better next time, unless of course only 5% of us use wheels :).

haha,exactly,with ps3 its totally unresponsive,its very similar to using a wheel for a gta,it just doesnt feel like a racing game,and i pushed it with all of my friends,and then i couldnt defend codemasters and i know that at least half of them wont touch codies again,and then by word of mouth thats means that codies loose some of their friends and thier friends friends and so on........it makes no business sense andno moral sense in tems of loyalty to customers.

I said in the old forums imo the controls were sloppy and loose, I felt much more in control with Grid 1 and Dirt 3 compared to their respective successors.

For the old "GRID GRIN" I've been playing Assetto Corsa early access, no career let alone multiplayer yet but, it's nice being involved in the process of the games evolution.

http://youtu.be/5OlD3aVk4-g

Full support for G25/7 already (no DFGT support yet but hope lives)

I have no trouble with G27. Only the brakes are a bit crappy. I don't brake but it will brake itself^^

fil140 said:
haha,exactly,with ps3 its totally unresponsive,its very similar to using a wheel for a gta,it just doesnt feel like a racing game,and i pushed it with all of my friends,and then i couldnt defend codemasters and i know that at least half of them wont touch codies again,and then by word of mouth thats means that codies loose some of their friends and thier friends friends and so on........it makes no business sense andno moral sense in tems of loyalty to customers.
I have the G25 and tried it, but i choose the controller above the wheel in GRID2.
At first i was thinking that i didn't set it up properly but after some checkups and tries i came to the concolusion that there is total 0 connection with you and the car when using a wheel.

I have G27 and PS3 and play since 1 year with grid 2, no trouble at all. Try my settings,  I am sure you be ok.

all dead zone   0%
saturation   100%
linearity       0%
multiturn      NO

FBB 90-100-70  ( but dipend on you )
Let me know.

I have G27 that works fine in Grid1, Grid2, Dirt2 and Dirt3.
I'm not really obsessed/picky about FFB but in my opinion Dirt2 has the best FFB.

SVENOS said:
I have no trouble with G27. Only the brakes are a bit crappy. I don't brake but it will brake itself^^
you might need to check if autobraking is on (ignore me if it is lol).

I played a bit of GRID again a few days ago, and I thought it felt pretty bad with my G27. I spent about half an hour tweaking the settings, and the best I could do was make it somewhat decent. It didn't even come close to the level of control I have when playing the F1 games. Which is why I'm not too worried about the feel of Autosport, because CM have shown that they can get it right for their F1 games. And GRID is quite old now, so I'm quite confident that CM have made a lot of progress on the steering feel front.

Also, I guess GRID came out before the G27, because all the steering wheel face buttons on each side all map to the same button, as if the game recognizes the G27 as a G25.

Loggy said:
I am on PC but do notice the crappy feedback, or is that the lack of ?.
Grid 1 felt really good with a wheel, rumble strips, grass, spin and lift off were quite noticable by the feel of the G27 but Grid 2 doesnt seem to have any of that feel.
Hope its better next time, unless of course only 5% of us use wheels :).
I've got it completely the opposite way. I have a Logitech Formula Force EX and GRID 1 feels like you're driving a boat, the steering is sluggish, feedback is just terrible, when you oversteer, the game allways overcorrects. I've tried messing with the settings, but with not much luck. GRID 2, on the other hand, feels sharp, if you lose the back, you can easily catch it and sort it out

Awong124 said:
I played a bit of GRID again a few days ago, and I thought it felt pretty bad with my G27. I spent about half an hour tweaking the settings, and the best I could do was make it somewhat decent. It didn't even come close to the level of control I have when playing the F1 games. Which is why I'm not too worried about the feel of Autosport, because CM have shown that they can get it right for their F1 games. And GRID is quite old now, so I'm quite confident that CM have made a lot of progress on the steering feel front.

Also, I guess GRID came out before the G27, because all the steering wheel face buttons on each side all map to the same button, as if the game recognizes the G27 as a G25.
How many degrees have you set it in logitech profiler?
I found that around the 200 degrees works best for grid with the g25 and the g27.

Awong124 said:

How many degrees have you set it in logitech profiler?
I found that around the 200 degrees works best for grid with the g25 and the g27.
I tried both, and ended up going with 900. I found that it doesn't really matter. If you set it to 900, you just have to readjust the saturation and linearity and it will feel about the same as 200.

Hello all. 
I am having troubles to configure my Logitech G25 to run at Grid Autosport.
My problems are when I am trying to configurate the acelerator pedal and break pedal. The game does not recognize theses two pedals when I press to overwrite it.
Does anyone know what am I doing wrong, or if it is a problem in the game for this version of controls?
If somebody knows an update for this, I appreciate.

Thanks a lot and see ya.

Hello Purple44, thanks for your tip. I have done what you suggested and more.
I´ve opened the settings and went to configurations t uncheck the "combineand separete pedals, but the important thing is to do it with game open, otherwise the game will not recognize the changes. And when close the logitech profile, the configutraion will be back to the previous position. I hope this can help everyone who has the same problem. Maybe this problem is because I have windows 7 with a logitech G25.

Best regards to all. 

Dear fellow Racers

I have a G25 (PC) in GRID1 my wheel works perfectly...
But in GRID2 and Autosport I simple cant get the wheel to work proberly
When I turn the wheel it simply turns 100% right or left.
I feel like I tried every thing and every setting - Both with logitech 5.10 software installed and not.

....Does anyone have any ideas?

Zoidy1022 said:
Dear fellow Racers

I have a G25 (PC) in GRID1 my wheel works perfectly...
But in GRID2 and Autosport I simple cant get the wheel to work proberly
When I turn the wheel it simply turns 100% right or left.
I feel like I tried every thing and every setting - Both with logitech 5.10 software installed and not.

....Does anyone have any ideas?
Maybe your wheel wasn't detected correctly.
You can try to find some help here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/40972/

Or even better to find/ask some help at steam game forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/