F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Consoles need a patch, Codies

Hi all, There are many flaws in this game which need to be fixed, but somehow they seem to be concentrating more on little graphics bugs on PC. There are many things I want, and I'm sure many other people do as paying customers. My list of problems which need resolved are these; Detailed Cockpits. (confirmed, I think) The in game RaceNet Challenge leaderboards. Repair bills and prize money to be more balanced. Pit lanes to be opened for certain events such as endurance and other longer races. Another problem I've encountered is when I join a RaceNet club I will do one race with the tag next to my name and car livery but then after that they both disappear. Feel free to add your own problems

If you don't own a car in whatever class you're racing in, you won't have the option to put a livery on it, meaning you can't race for the club in that race. And I don't think they're going to add pit stops. The tire wear isn't extreme enough to warrant pit stops. And car damage has been around since Grid 1, and I don't think anyone complained about it then. What does need to be fixed is the race liveries for other club members, and save corruption, which the latter is being taken care of.

TUSMBOX said:
If you don't own a car in whatever class you're racing in, you won't have the option to put a livery on it, meaning you can't rave for the club in that race. And I don't think they're going to add pit stops. The tire wear isn't extreme enough to warrant pit stops. And car damage has been around since Grid 1, and I don't think anyone complained about it then. What does need to be fixed is the race liveries for other club members, and save corruption, which the latter is being taken care of.

I own the car, I am also part of a club but yet the tag nor the livery don't show up in lobbies and races

I would suggest putting them on in your garage. They normally default you to your club car at the pre race screen. Oh, thanks for joining, by the way.

TUSMBOX said:
I would suggest putting them on in your garage. They normally default you to your club car at the pre race screen.

I'm doing that, also I've checked if my results count towards the clubs XP and they don't, extremely annoying.

TUSMBOX said:
I would suggest putting them on in your garage. They normally default you to your club car at the pre race screen.

I'm doing that, also I've checked if my results count towards the clubs XP and they don't, extremely annoying.

what console- this is not an issue on xbox 360, never had this problem and i have asked a few other guys i drive with, same deal. as far as pits, not practical, i have finished races with 40% tires left. i have also finished races with 0-5% tires left. it all depends on how you drive. for the record, the 40% one i finished second place, 20 feet behind first

Detailed interiors? Confirmed? Doubt it, they dont have time to be modelling brand new interiors for all the vehicles. They'll be working on the sequel by now, which chances are will have great interiors, due to the criticism of autosport.

not confirmed, in fact it WONT happen, i base that off the comments made by CM before the game was released. the foggy, low detail cockpits are to simulate the REAL effect that driving a race car has, which is that you focus on the track and cars around you, so they made the cockpits such that they look well out of focus, accurate, as when you are racing, you dont pay attention to your cockpit, you pay attention to the track around you. detailed cockpits are for forza- a game about cars. grid is a game about racing, and the fact of the matter is CM are trying to make this game as realistic as possible, from tire wear, to damage, to physics, to yes, out of focus cockpits

I don't know if you know this or not but, console patches/updates take a little longer to get to us. Because CM has to submit the new info to Microsoft and Sony for a Quality Assurance process. This can take anywhere from one week to a month. Then the new info gets a scheduled release date. Then hopefully that eta is close to what these 2 companies lay out for us. Sorry for the many abbreviations.

i would like to add a few things to the list. First off I would like to see the numbers on the cars either have a more defined white or your choice of colored outline. Right now the #'s are hard to read against a black background. Or even an option to put a square behind the #'s to make the digits stand out easier.

While on the subject of numbers. Why do the other guy's in my club have to have the same number on they're car? Shouldn't they have an option to use a number of they're choice too? To resolve this I have not used any numbers.

If CM does not want to go through making the cockpit area more defined. Then could they at least make the steering wheel and the driver's hands more defined. At least on my screen I cannot really see them that well or sometimes I cannot see them at all.

And of course the corrupt save file problem. But that has been already confirmed that CM is working on this problem.

Hi all, There are many flaws in this game which need to be fixed, but somehow they seem to be concentrating more on little graphics bugs on PC. There are many things I want, and I'm sure many other people do as paying customers. My list of problems which need resolved are these; Detailed Cockpits. (confirmed, I think) The in game RaceNet Challenge leaderboards. Repair bills and prize money to be more balanced. Pit lanes to be opened for certain events such as endurance and other longer races. Another problem I've encountered is when I join a RaceNet club I will do one race with the tag next to my name and car livery but then after that they both disappear. Feel free to add your own problems
I think you'll find that they will fix the easy bugs + the significant ones first. The most significant of which is the corrupt save game issue.

If CM does not want to go through making the cockpit area more defined. Then could they at least make the steering wheel and the driver's hands more defined. At least on my screen I cannot really see them that well or sometimes I cannot see them at all.

as i stated earlier, this is to simulate real track conditions. i have been on track in a variety of vehicles, and rarely do i notice any of the gauges or dials on the dash, and yes, there have been vehicles that, due to seating position, im to focused on the track and vehicles around me to notice the wheel that is in my hands, or the shifter to my right (and on one occasion, left). its all a part of attempt to bring grid back to the realistic racing it was in the first grid

I would like a Rearview Mirror.... No issues with liveries. 
I think I read in one of @Loore's posts that they are looking at that as a possibility. Don't know for sure if they will though

Don't think they will be adding anything except DLC which is confirmed lol. Interiors confirmed almost pissed myself. Not sure where it was "confirmed" but definitely not happening.

Don't think they will be adding anything except DLC which is confirmed lol. Interiors confirmed almost pissed myself. Not sure where it was "confirmed" but definitely not happening.
well we know that TT will be added at some point so the rearview mirror may come with that I do remember reading they were considering it in one of @Loore's post but can't find it at the moment.

+it would be nice if codies add a button "find races for my cars" on the main lobby so then you can level up your own cars and stop using all the time the loaner ones 

+it would be nice if the random grid start was added by default on "online playlist" mode and not by xp like it is now

+ have a chance to deal with wreckers or at least dissapear those stupids marks i'm going all the time from white to red 

+ a fast communication menu with options like, sorry + move + be aware + good race 

+ the balancing of damages and the garage lots are free or a very cheap thing

+working mirrors (this is important)

well i think these are the ones who i like for now 

Edit + chech the white line penalty, this is stupid they should go back a couple of meters a lot of times i get pushed in the intern part of a turn and i got this without wanting to do it + it's very unbalanced there are maps like Yas Marina Circuit that you can cut half of the track, and there are tracks where nobody can even touch the pianos because you get that and you lose a lot of time

+it would be nice if codies add a button "find races for my cars" on the main lobby so then you can level up your own cars and stop using all the time the loaner ones 

+it would be nice if the random grid start was added by default on "online playlist" mode and not by xp like it is now

+ have a chance to deal with wreckers or at least dissapear those stupids marks i'm going all the time from white to red 

+ a fast communication menu with options like, sorry + move + be aware + good race 

+ the balancing of damages and the garage lots are free or a very cheap thing

+working mirrors (this is important)

well i think these are the ones who i like for now 

Edit + check the white line penalty, this is stupid they should go back a couple of meters a lot of times i get pushed in the intern part of a turn and i got this without wanting to do it + it's very unbalanced there are maps like Yas Marina Circuit that you can cut half of the track, and there are tracks where nobody can even touch the pianos because you get that and you lose a lot of time
I like all of these... I would love to match my own Car with a race. More people would race online if you could actually race the cars you own instead of having to take what ever the Host chooses which is in his garage. 

If they can show the helicopter flying over and the other stuff surrounding the car as reflections on the car bodywork, why is a working mirror so hard to implement?

Do you mean when a playlist lobby is started up? With no races yet? If there has been races already the line up is based off of lobby points in previous races in that lobby only. Not xp.

Do you mean when a playlist lobby is started up? With no races yet? If there has been races already the line up is based off of lobby points in previous races in that lobby only. Not xp.
The system it's called by xp for some reason lol but it's understandable, i hate that the people who have more points wins all the time, and if codies doesn't want a random start they should put a couple of qualifying laps by default on online playlist

The system it's called by xp for some reason lol but it's understandable, i hate that the people who have more points wins all the time, and if codies doesn't want a random start they should put a couple of qualifying laps by default on online playlist
No, it isn't, it is 100% highest point total on pole. XP has no bearing on grid position, unless maybe there's a tie.

TUSMBOX said:

No, it isn't, it is 100% highest point total on pole. XP has no bearing on grid position, unless maybe there's a tie.
well when you create a match, the option if you want the starting grid random or by points, the game calls like that at the point system for some reason, it's easy to know i'm refering to the points and the standings, but it doesn't matter, btw commenting on windows phone goes bad after three responses lol

@Tecnologica‌ I'm moreso referring to playlist events. I know Custom Cup has its own set of grid options you can change.