Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sluggish steering response on controller - PS4

Is it just me or the handling feels wierd in F1 2016. You turn in for a corner on the controller but the reaction seems too slow for a quick change of direction. Just don't feel the same grip in 2016. The handling seems very floaty - like driving just above the track rather than on the track (if you know what i mean)

In F1 2015 you could throw the car in and the response was immediate. Also felt the grip on the controller.
Does anyone else feel the same way.

This my friend just means they've fixed a problem F1 2015 had... lower values for steering saturation. Just turn up the slider in the options, and you will have more sensibility on the steering. You can also tweak steering linearity to your liking for better response. My advice is try one option at a time to its highest value, and see what it does. Hopefully, you will find a sweet spot you like. 

Same feeling here on Xbone. This game is utterly terrible on controller. Saturation setting doesn't help, that just changes the sensitivity, not the same thing. Its the response time, almost like a lag. Try taking turns 11 and 12 at Albert Park at racing speed. The reaction of the steering is miles behind the controller input. Its the same reason its impossible to control any rear wheel slip. You can  instantly react on the controller but by the time the game reacts the car is facing the wall.

Same here! 2015 had perfect steering, I don't know why they changed it. Hoping for a patch to fix this. :smiley:
Agreed. 2015 was a joy to drive. If only they had left that alone and put a proper game around it we would have had a winner. How this game made it through testing is bewildering but not altogether surprising given Codematers' history in this area.

Same feeling here on Xbone. This game is utterly terrible on controller. Saturation setting doesn't help, that just changes the sensitivity, not the same thing. Its the response time, almost like a lag. Try taking turns 11 and 12 at Albert Park at racing speed. The reaction of the steering is miles behind the controller input. Its the same reason its impossible to control any rear wheel slip. You can  instantly react on the controller but by the time the game reacts the car is facing the wall.
Totally agree. Only have tried Albert Park so far and it is specifically those corners where a quick change of direction at high speed is required, the controller input just doesn't get registered quickly enough. I tried increasing the downforce and stiffer suspension settings to see if that would make difference around those corners but still struggled with the direction change.

Wait for official response, hopefully this will get sorted with a patch. I'm concerned, because I'm getting the game today on PS4. 

jayp666 said:
Wait for official response, hopefully this will get sorted with a patch. I'm concerned, because I'm getting the game today on PS4. 
Let us know here your thoughts once you have played. I will try Silverstone later around the esses!!

imupat said:
jayp666 said:
Let us know here your thoughts once you have played. I will try Silverstone later around the esses!!
Sure thing! If we're vocal about it, I'm pretty sure they will fix it. Codies should really add more flexibility to the different sliders settings (including negative values) to help everyone achieve the result they want. Don't know if it's the same in 2016 but the sliders are by default at the lowest values in last year game... they should be centered. This has been a problem in all the past F1 games as far as I remember.

Agree with the pad comments, it really feels off in a pad. Just no response and when it does you are already in lock.

To be fair after spending sometime on the game over the weekend on Legend and doing some quick races at other tracks (50% race + quali) i feel it's a case of getting used to the new handling system compared to F1 2015. Braking early and staying away from the kerbs is i think the key to a good lap time in F1 2016.
 For example in a quick race in Bahrain with a Merc i was a tenth off the pace in quali and finished 2nd. Also set fastest lap in the race but finished 3rd (wrong pit strategy). I know the Bahrain track doesn't have any fast corners to speak of but on slow corners the response was good.
I tried a few other tracks like Brazil and again was competitive to my teammate. But then again was half a second off my teammate on other tracks. Now it maybe a case of getting the right setup which i think in F1 2016 makes a massive difference unlike F1 2015 where one setup worked on all tracks.

The delay on steering is killing me at Monaco. On  ps4 and the pool section is a perfect example of the problem. Can't get full lock and the delay from turning left then right means i have to go super slow. 

Hi, sorry for my English  :|
So do I find the same problem have found you and is very difficult play without traction control.
I hopefully it gets a patch as soon as.
Sorry again for English  :/

milook said:
The delay on steering is killing me at Monaco. On  ps4 and the pool section is a perfect example of the problem. Can't get full lock and the delay from turning left then right means i have to go super slow. 
@milook Need more practice and problem solved. If I can do it, you can ;)

Ahh please.. this is the one good thing on this game.. steering physics have gone more to a real sim.. (its still simcade though)
way way better then 2015! i dropped that after a week because of it.. no natural behaviour at all.. 
this 2016 physics are a massive step in the right direction. but only when iconnect  my t300rs  wheel.. the real fun comes out of this game.. great job.

jayp666 said:
milook said:
@milook Need more practice and problem solved. If I can do it, you can ;)
I wish! Hours spent at Monaco now, different set ups, sensitivity changes but I still can't turn the thing!

BERTEL said:
Ahh please.. this is the one good thing on this game.. steering physics have gone more to a real sim.. (its still simcade though)
way way better then 2015! i dropped that after a week because of it.. no natural behaviour at all.. 
this 2016 physics are a massive step in the right direction. but only when iconnect  my t300rs  wheel.. the real fun comes out of this game.. great job.

In general I agree with you. It's just Monaco where things go massively awry for me. Just can't turn the car quickly enough.