Jump to content Jump to content

G27 not recognised by the game

Geoip

I stayed up till 4AM to buy the game since i saw is better then 2014 and 2015 versions, which they were stupid jokes, and after i purchased the game and install it, my G27 wheel was not recognised by the game.
I don`t know what the issue is but i saw many posts and threads all over the internet from people with the same issue. 
G25, G27, G920 and some models from Fanatec and Fanatec pedals are not recognised in the game. 
I think Codemaster has no ideea how frustrating this is for people who skipped 2 versions of  F1 games to not being able to play the 2016 version. 

This is not a small issue and Codemaster should take this very seriosly because there is a public list of steering wheel that Codemasters published and many from that list are not working.
If this issue will not be fixed, i`m gonna address it to the law for lieing and missconduct so people buy the game and not being able to play it.
Same problem here with Logitech Force GT . Steering wheel is plugged in, F1 2014, DiRT Rallye and other games without problem, but F1 2016 without chance. Really "great" 50 Euro non function game (sorry, keyboard is not for me... ) . Absolutly angry with this situation....

Windows 10 64bit (with anniversary update)
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM

Latest Logitech drivers. 
  • Codemasters Staff
I have just checked, and it works fine no problem, recognized by the game, and default preset working as it is supposed. Try uninstalling what Maxarian said. I don't have that installed either. It could be this.
Hmm, interesting, now can be srteering wheel assigned. Thanks for help. But next trouble is, that although are pedals set as separated in game pedals looks like they are depressed to half way. So I go use google again  :(

Sorry, after next launch it looks like is everything OK :) 
  • Codemasters Staff
Let's make a list so that if it doesn't work, it will help to make it work:

1) If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience.
2) Reboot pc and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not try a second launch of the game right after.

If it still doesn't work:

1) While in windows, unplug the wheel.
2) Uninstall the logitech profiler.
3) Re-download the logitech profiler for the G27 and your OS.
4) Plug in the wheel when the program prompts you to plug it in.
5) Open the logitech profiler and go to global device setting, and make sure "report combined pedals" is NOT ticked.
6) Set the degrees of rotation to 360 and I personally recommend using the FFB settings from top to bottom as follow; 100,0,0,0 and Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games make sure is NOT ticked.
7) Launch the game and enjoy :)
  • Codemasters Staff
MaxiLive said:
It could be the Windows 10 issues with the Logitech Drivers:
http://boxthislap.org/g27-not-working-after-windows-10-update/

Might be useful for future reference DGreco :)
Yes, thanks. I heard some people had trouble with their G27 in Win 10. This is why I said above, "3) Re-download the logitech profiler for the G27 and your OS." as you see I specified G27 :)

It is hard for us to change everytime things once you know it worked before but then updates from other companies change the behavior.
PossumCZ said:
Same problem here with Logitech Force GT . Steering wheel is plugged in, F1 2014, DiRT Rallye and other games without problem, but F1 2016 without chance. Really "great" 50 Euro non function game (sorry, keyboard is not for me... ) . Absolutly angry with this situation....

Latest Logitech drivers. 
I did what Maxarian said and now i can see G27 in Menu. 
Thank you.

Still this is a Codemasters issue, since i don`t have any problem in any other game.
There is also a problem sometimes with the drivers for the Logitech wheels on Windows (PC).For some strange reason they will uninstall themselves and reinstall another set of drivers on PC boot up and they appear as "unknown" in the Devices & Printers dialog. It causes this problem for me sometimes and I have to unplug my G27 from the USB port, uninstall the "unknown" drivers and then reconnect the USB and the correct drivers reinstall automatically. 

Edit: I am on W7.
  • Codemasters Staff
Geoip said:
PossumCZ said:

Latest Logitech drivers. 
I did what Maxarian said and now i can see G27 in Menu. 
Thank you.

Still this is a Codemasters issue, since i don`t have any problem in any other game.
No is not a Codemasters issue, it happens with other games, and the fact that with a combination of "updated" drivers from the logitech autoupdater it makes windows recognize the wheel as Driving Force wheel is more like a Logitech issue.

Archived