Jump to content Jump to content

[F1 2016 PC] Menu screens and cut scenes not working at 144hz refresh rate.

markt50

Hi,

Great game, loving it, found a few issues with running the game at 144hz though. To be clear, these issues are only present when running at 144hz refresh rate, I've tried 60, 99, 109 & 119 hz and these all work fine.

144hz refresh rate, Vsync OFF:

The menu screen's appear to freeze and do not show the race settings screen where you would select session setup, preferences, weather & time of day. Enterering a controller input such as the 'B' button on the XboxOne pad gets you to the next screen, but means you cannot set race settings.

144hz refresh rate, Vsync ON:

Same issues as above with the addition of black Screens during track guide intro cut scene prior to race, and also black screen post race during the cutscenes where the driver gets out of the car and also the podium ceremony.

My system specs are: i7 5820, 32GB Ram, Titan X, Asus VG278HE 27" monitor, 1 x 500gb SSD (OS), 1 x 3tb SATA drive (Games including F1 2016).
Nvidia Driver: 372.54

markt50 said:
Hi,

Great game, loving it, found a few issues with running the game at 144hz though. To be clear, these issues are only present when running at 144hz refresh rate, I've tried 60, 99, 109 & 119 hz and these all work fine.

144hz refresh rate, Vsync OFF:

The menu screen's appear to freeze and do not show the race settings screen where you would select session setup, preferences, weather & time of day. Enterering a controller input such as the 'B' button on the XboxOne pad gets you to the next screen, but means you cannot set race settings.

144hz refresh rate, Vsync ON:

Same issues as above with the addition of black Screens during track guide intro cut scene prior to race, and also black screen post race during the cutscenes where the driver gets out of the car and also the podium ceremony.

My system specs are: i7 5820, 32GB Ram, Titan X, Asus VG278HE 27" monitor, 1 x 500gb SSD (OS), 1 x 3tb SATA drive (Games including F1 2016).
Nvidia Driver: 372.54

Same Problem on PC: Vsync Off
With 144hz the menu screens are not available or frozen!
I turned it down to 120hz and it works fine.

But in General F1 2016 is a fantastic game. Well done ;).
I just tried this, now all menus work just fine. But I still have no voice audio (engineer, commentators) at all. When I bring up the in-race menu to request reports from the engineer the sound mutes (presumably because the engineer is supposed to be talking) and then gets back to normal. I tried adjusting my audio properties within Windows 10 to 16 bit / 44100 hertz and still nothing. Will probably request a refund from Steam and re-buy once this is fixed.

EDIT- I fixed the issue. For some reason when I updated Windows to the anniversary update, it reset my speaker settings to 5.1 audio. Which is wrong. I set speakers to "stereo" in the game and had to re-configure my speakers within Windows and change from 5.1 back to "stereo." Everything works now! So happy. 
For my sins it appears to be GSync causing the proble. I currently run 2 monitors. An old 60Hz TV monitor where the videos and menus run fine and then the 144Hz GSync Asus monitor where the menus just go wonky and the in game video just won't play.

More comments as I test futher, however I do have to complain that the ebd user should not end up having to play test the game to get the game to work on multiple configurations.

Ok Confirmed.

Form me the menus don't work properly in 2 situations.

1. Vsync enabled any resolution.

2. Fixed refresh rate set to 144Hz on display. Menus and associated videos seems to work fine at fixed refresh rate of 120hz on a Gsync monitor.

Hope that codies are wathing this thread and that the info will be of some use to them.

Regards

Archived