DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offensive name?!

Hi all!

So today I picked up my copy of F1 2016, as I'm sure most of you have! Now, when creating my character in career mode I input my first name "Paul" and for some reason it comes up with "Name Entry Denied: The name you have entered may cause offence."

I didn't post this in the bug report discussion as I wanted to get some feedback as to whether I was doing anything wrong or if anyone has encountered a similar issue?

Thanks! 

Someone had the same problem with last name being Connell. Conne is an insulting french word appearently so it automatically bans it while typing.

Unless you are the chef Ainsley Harriott why would you call yourself that  ?? lol
Surely your name is Darren ? Dazz

Sorry guys, just realised there was a patch for the game that was downloading in the background! Woops!

Issue all sorted now! Happy days!

Do AFROR34BOY said:
Hi all!

So today I picked up my copy of F1 2016, as I'm sure most of you have! Now, when creating my character in career mode I input my first name "Paul" and for some reason it comes up with "Name Entry Denied: The name you have entered may cause offence."

I didn't post this in the bug report discussion as I wanted to get some feedback as to whether I was doing anything wrong or if anyone has encountered a similar issue?

Thanks! 
Do you know that there's special thread for this from Codemasters and its in Technical assistance section of this forum

Closing this. We do indeed have a thread on it here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44290/not-having-your-name-accepted-tell-us-here

If you're having trouble with your name, please tell us in that thread.