Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI bug-PS4

On the ps4 the Ai always stay in a train so its easy to overtake and then when you overtake them they back out and let you through. Also they have much worse starts than you and are slow on the first lap is this just on ps4 or every platform?

This is what I've been trying to say!! Judging form aarava's career the AI is much better on PC which really annoys me!

It was the latest patch 1.2.0 looks like its just a ps4 thing hope a patch is released to fix this soon

The thing is that no one from Codies has given so an explanation so I guess we'll have to wait for a patch. It's a shame really, as the rest of the game is amazing!! But this is a real game breaker for me.

this thread and the other ones about controller and AI issues were enough for me to take my decision wether I should get it on pc or ps4, thanks. Now I just need to wait for the game to download. If the ps4 version get fixed, maybe I will reconsider getting it on that platform also.

Looks like so, I haven't seen the technical assistance subforum this quiet on release day for any of the previous f1 titles. I'm happy Codemasters are back on track!

You see I've just watched a race from PS4 from today, and the AI are brilliant, fighting and sticking it round the outside?!
Maybe the patch did something after all! I'm on holiday atm so I can't try it out.. @zbstrikez have you played the game since 1.02 was released?
If it is still wrong then maybe those who got the game early have glitched versions?

The Ai feel a little bit better after the 1.02 update but still cause big trains and only fight for position at certain corners

@zbstrikez - we aren’t seeing this issue here. Are you able to provide some more information such as session type, AI difficulty setting and a video of this problem if possible. 

Race in career mode legend ai it might just be that the ai are a lot less agressive on legend compared to ultimate

I should clarify that my above comments were about the AI staying in a line. There are a couple of other threads about AI and we are investigating the issues raised. 

Is it possible that if you are overtaking them too easily that you need to be on a higher difficulty?

No i dont think so because im slower than my teamate in qualifying and around the same pace as him in the race the Ai just seem to bunch up and dont overtake eachother or me unless on a long drs straight

Yeah, I came across this issue too and I have a video that shows moments of these things. AI staying in a train, AI backing out of overtakes too easy, and in general just driving really slow when not on the racing line. 

https://youtu.be/VyRN-lqsAO4

Ps4, Career mode, legend, Honda, wheel user, cockpit view.