Sign in to follow this  

If you had to pick one F1 driver to win who whould it be.

Even though I am a Vettel fan (PLEASE DON'T GO CRAZY THAT I SAID THAT) I think that Lewis Hamilton deserves it more. He has worked so hard on Mercedes. I also just think he is a better driver then Nico.

Even though I am a Vettel fan
BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH BURN THE WITCH 

Lewis because he's always been my favourite driver since he started, and he deserves another title in my opinion.

I don't mind. Whoever is in front on points by after Brazil (would hate a double points fiasco) and has driven the best for the season.

Selected rosberg to counter all the pro Hamiltons on this board. :P

Rosberg. Overall, maybe not the fastest of the two, but he has a far cooler head and doesn't whine like Hamilton does all the time.

Lewis because he's always been my favourite driver since he started, and he deserves another title in my opinion.
And Nico doesn't?
Nico hasn't won a title yet, so "another" just doesn't fit well with that fact.

I don't really care. I'm not saying Hamilton because he is British because that is the lamest reason on Earth to want someone to win. 

AMS97KRR said:
I don't really care. I'm not saying Hamilton because he is British because that is the lamest reason on Earth to want someone to win. 
Did you want England to win the World Cup?

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Yes. Supporting your country is different to supporting one random guy. F1 isn't about nations, it is about drivers and teams, the World Cup is about nations. If F1 ever becomes about countries, I'll be supporting Britain/England.

If you support someone purely because their British or German or whatever else, it is stupid. How many of you Hamilton fans are genuine Max Chilton fans or fans of every British driver ever? Most of the time it is more or less "I support him because he is a successful British driver".

It is like in Football when people support a team because they are local. If you support a team like Chelsea or City, they are barely anything to be proud of locally. Funded by foreign Billionaires and fielding mostly foreign players. And what if I move house? Who is local then?

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Yes. Supporting your country is different to supporting one random guy. F1 isn't about nations, it is about drivers and teams, the World Cup is about nations. 

If you support someone purely because their British or German or whatever else, it is stupid. How many of you Hamilton fans are genuine Max Chilton fans or fans of every British driver ever? Most of the time it is more or less "I support him because he is a successful British driver"
Chilton is a lost cause, but I would like to see Button do well before he retires. I supported Di Resta too when he was in F1.

And we all know I support Hulkenberg too.

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Yes. Supporting your country is different to supporting one random guy. F1 isn't about nations, it is about drivers and teams, the World Cup is about nations. 

If you support someone purely because their British or German or whatever else, it is stupid. How many of you Hamilton fans are genuine Max Chilton fans or fans of every British driver ever? Most of the time it is more or less "I support him because he is a successful British driver"
Chilton is a lost cause, but I would like to see Button do well before he retires. I supported Di Resta too when he was in F1.

The Idea of supporting is to cheer them on regardless of their current success. It is exactly why I think it is a poor reason to support someone. 
Obviously all the fan boys on here will instantly disagree with me, but they know it is true. 

What if your favourite British driver changes nationality to French tomorrow? What then?

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:

The Idea of supporting is to cheer them on regardless of their current success. It is exactly why I think it is a poor reason to support someone. 
Obviously all the fan boys on here will instantly disagree with me, but they know it is true. 

What if your favourite British driver changes nationality to French tomorrow? What then?

I'd keep supporting Hamilton. I like his driving style as well as his personality - yes, OK him being British has got something to do with it - there I said it. I don't see what is wrong with supporting someone from your own country. Are you saying that all those supporting Murray at Wimbledon last year are fanboys (or girls) too? What about Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome too in the TDF?

As I've already pointed out, I support Hulkenberg who is German - I also like seeing Bottas and Ricciardo do well as it makes for a nice change to the old boys.

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Yes. Supporting your country is different to supporting one random guy. F1 isn't about nations, it is about drivers and teams, the World Cup is about nations. If F1 ever becomes about countries, I'll be supporting Britain/England.

If you support someone purely because their British or German or whatever else, it is stupid. How many of you Hamilton fans are genuine Max Chilton fans or fans of every British driver ever? Most of the time it is more or less "I support him because he is a successful British driver".

It is like in Football when people support a team because they are local. If you support a team like Chelsea or City, they are barely anything to be proud of locally. Funded by foreign Billionaires and fielding mostly foreign players. And what if I move house? Who is local then?
I support all of them equally besides we as a country have had more success in this sport than we have most others in recent times. I've supported all the British drivers on the grid in all the years I've been watching F1

Last point I'll make on this as it is off-topic

Nationality cannot be the only reason IMO, there has to be some other legit reason otherwise I'd be tempted to say you only like them because they are successful and use "they're British" as some kind of Divine right to support them.

AMS97KRR said:
Last point I'll make on this as it is off-topic

Nationality cannot be the only reason IMO, there has to be some other legit reason otherwise I'd be tempted to say you only like them because they are successful and use "they're British" as some kind of Divine right to support them.

I've already said, I like his driving style and his personality. Is Hulkenberg successful? Nope. Are Sunderland successful? Not in the slightest. Ok, I started supporting Hamilton in 2008 when he was doing well - I came into the sport and chose the top Brit as my favourite driver - mainly because that is who my Grandad was supporting too - like Sunderland.

Over the years, I've also started supporting others as I've already said.

Now, to get this back on topic, I don't want Rosberg to win it as I think he is too cocky.