Sign in to follow this  

If you had to pick one F1 driver to win who whould it be.

fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Last point I'll make on this as it is off-topic

Nationality cannot be the only reason IMO, there has to be some other legit reason otherwise I'd be tempted to say you only like them because they are successful and use "they're British" as some kind of Divine right to support them.

I've already said, I like his driving style and his personality. Is Hulkenberg successful? Nope. Are Sunderland successful? Not in the slightest. Ok, I started supporting Hamilton in 2008 when he was doing well - I came into the sport and chose the top Brit as my favourite driver - mainly because that is who my Grandad was supporting too - like Sunderland.

Over the years, I've also started supporting others as I've already said.

Now, to get this back on topic, I don't want Rosberg to win it as I think he is too cocky.
Exactly and like you I support the teams and drivers and I support through good times and bad. I support Button as well and aside from the year he became champion he hasn't really had that much success. especially as he's spent probably just as much time struggling near the back of the field as he has fighting at the front of it. I like the way he drives as well in that he's patient and waits for an opportunity to pounce. He's not the fastest guy on track but he is remarkably consistent and that's another trait I like about him.

Rosberg. In my opinion they'd both be deserving of the title. Hamilton deserves more than one while I think Rosberg does have the ability to be deserving of a world title. The only difference is I like Rosberg more. It's almost a case of a natural ability vs work ethic rivalry. I know it can't be summed up as easily as that, but it's my perception that any natural ability that Rosberg possibly loses to Hamilton is made up for in knowledge and work ethic on his part - something which is reiterated as a strength of his from anyone whom he has worked with.

AMS, please stop acting like a 5 year old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlV49RDlLE

Sorry for asking a question on an internet forum. How dare I. Despicable behavior.  

AMS, please stop acting like a 5 year old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlV49RDlLE

Anybody else think this guy looks like @justbiglee :p

Hamilton is extremely stuck up and just a bad person.

(grabs popcorn)

Nico, is a Silver Spoon Fed brat...He's only German due to his parents, he grew up living the life in Monoco. Lewis Hamilton is a true Racer. But the Rivalry almost reminds me of Hunt, and Lauda. 

Nico, is a Silver Spoon Fed brat...He's only German due to his parents, he grew up living the life in Monoco. Lewis Hamilton is a true Racer. But the Rivalry almost reminds me of Hunt, and Lauda. 

Thought Keke was Finnish?

Rosberg, i can't stand Hamilton as a person. #SWEG

Also, i don't think anybody expected Rosberg to be as competitive as he has been in comparison to Hamilton. I think in the Sky F1 show poll at the very start of the season 8% expected Rosberg to win the title, whilst Hamilton was at 40%+. 

lol

Thought Keke was Finnish?
He is I think

Lukedfrt said:

Also, i don't think anybody expected Rosberg to be as competitive as he has been in comparison to Hamilton. I think in the Sky F1 show poll at the very start of the season 8% expected Rosberg to win the title, whilst Hamilton was at 40%+. 

Which just underlines how stupid Sky Sports F1 viewers are. :P

Seriously, Nico has always been very fast and he had twice as much mileage in winter testing as Lewis. Not completely unexpected he would match him. Especially as once again Lewis was the one losing more points due to bad luck so far.

Anyone who thought Lewis would walk over Nico before 2013 clearly hasn't watched this german, errrm, finnish, errrm monaco-guy race in the last couple of years.

I, for once, agree with @GoldenColt. Rosberg has always looked quick but rarely had a chance to do much with poor cars. Pretty sure he got 2nd in Singapore 2008, did well in 2009 there too until he had a penalty (I think). Some podiums in 2010 Mercedes. He's always been rated by experts, he's just never had the chance.i still don't rate him with Hamillton, Vettel and Alonso. But he isn't too far behind is he.

Lukedfrt said:

Who got the other 50% ?

Seriously, Nico has always been very fast and he had twice as much mileage in winter testing as Lewis. Not completely unexpected he would match him. Especially as once again Lewis was the one losing more points due to bad luck so far.

Anyone who thought Lewis would walk over Nico before 2013 clearly hasn't watched this german, errrm, finnish, errrm monaco-guy race in the last couple of years.
Sorry but I just had to look this up. I know you probably just said it as a generalised comment that he did more testing, but the last time I checked 2159km doubled wasn't 2813km :P

Nico has really surprised me this year, I honestly thought Lewis would be walking away with it, but he isn't. Nico has applied the pressure to Lewis and he's buckled in Qualifying especially. His drive in Canada really impressed me too, to stay ahead of the others until the penultimate lap with a crippled car. He also really impressed me in Austria. I thought at the end of lap 1 that Lewis would have him, but it wasn't the case.

However, I still think Lewis will win the championship. 

VetteIfan said:

Sorry but I just had to look this up. I know you probably just said it as a generalised comment that he did more testing, but the last time I checked 2159km doubled wasn't 2813km :P
You're right, I was wrong about that.

In terms of Laps it's 362 for Rosberg and 262 for Hamilton though, and that's a fact. 100 Laps (or nearly 700 km) more is a considerable advantage nevertheless. And then barely finishing 5 laps in the season opener doesn't make it easier either. That's an advantage of almost 3 race distances for Nico before the Malaysian GP.

EDIT: The # of laps was after the 1st Bahrain test. Might aswell look up the stats for the 2nd one, but I think Nico had more mileage around there aswell, which would fit in nicely with the ~700 km.

To be fair, Rosberg has been helped by his Dad's name - we've seen it with Hill and Villenueve too.

A famous name always raises the eyebrows, but yeah, he's not a Piquet Jr or to a lesser extent a Bruno Senna. 

His name probably helped him to F1, but he has the talent anyway to justify his place on the grid.