Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC/Steam] F1 2016 is still Unpacking ....

After 8 hours, F1 2016 is still unpacking on steam. Is this normal? What is the bottleneck here? steam? my humble PC (specs below)? or codemasters servers?
(the first and certainly the last time to PreLoad a game...)

PC specs:
MSI Nightblade X2:  i7 6700 k/16 GB/ GTX 980 Ti 6GB /2x256 PCI SSD+ 2TB HDD Raid 0/win 10
Fiber optic 100 MB internet connection (ie 1GB download in 1 min)

Unpacking took about 4 minutes for me. CM's or Steam's servers have absolutely nothing to do with the unpacking process - it's all your PC. I take it you've installed to the SSD's? Just thinking it could be a RAID issue...

Why don't you just start the process from afresh, seems a bit stupid waiting 8 hours for it to unpack if it could take a shorter time to download afresh?

Ho3n3r said:
Not much wrong with that PC.

Restarting your PC doesn't fix it?
Haven't tried that but the PC was just switched on this morning (has been off for a day or so).
It does not make sense but it is worth a try (desperate measure...)

Thanks anyways.

Rapster said:
Unpacking took about 4 minutes for me. CM's or Steam's servers have absolutely nothing to do with the unpacking process - it's all your PC. I take it you've installed to the SSD's? Just thinking it could be a RAID issue...

Why don't you just start the process from afresh, seems a bit stupid waiting 8 hours for it to unpack if it could take a shorter time to download afresh?
Yeah it does but i am still at work so it might make sense after all :)
Is it possible to just delete local content and re-download or?

Cheers.

MBimmer said:
Rapster said:

Yeah it does but i am still at work so it might make sense after all :)
Is it possible to just delete local content and re-download or?

Cheers.
Yeah, you should be fine with that, as long as Steam doesn't throw a wobbly. You could always delete the F1 2016 installation files before starting Steam, I suppose...

I hope work time goes quickly for you! :)

Check resource monitor and see if the process is doing anything. Unpacking is usually CPU and HDD bound so see if those two are busy.

Redownload would be the better option if you have a decent internet connection now it is out as that means no unpacking!