Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so online is STILL broken

Best explanation in years... congrats on the effort. Hopefully, your problem will get solved soon!

jayp666 said:
Best explanation in years... congrats on the effort. Hopefully, your problem will get solved soon!
much appreciated 

Moving this into the technical assistance forum. Could you tell us what problems you're having?

Well I can say what our problem was when we tested online.
Sometimes I hit someone in the rear but he said there was no contact, he said I was 2-3 meters away from him.
But on my screen I clearly hit him.

What we also experienced, sometimes your car is ghosting when you come to close to another driver.
But on the other hand if you really want to crash someone and cut 2 corners there is no ghosting :smiley:
So your car is ghosting when you sometimes hit someone with 60 kmh but it is not ghosting if you sometimes want to hit him with 200 kmh.

But all in all was the online experience pretty good.
If you could look into these 2 problems I think online is fine.
There were no connection problems no disconnects, so pretty solid

Fastest lap notifications flashing up constantly with a time of 0:00.000

5 lap race around USA i was leading and turning onto the long DRS straight in sector 2 and it came up for everyone that i'd won the race

race positions completely wrong for everyone when starting under the safety car. didn't correct until the end of lap 1 when the game took into account cars that had disconnected (22:50) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Etv8QhDDkQ 22:50

game sessions freezing, has happened twice - once at the end of quail got stuck after the results screen for about 5 minutes, and on the grid before the race start, loading symbol was just there for a few minutes before (17:40) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Etv8QhDDkQ 17:40

someone joined halfway through a race and spectated. on the results screen their username was assigned to one of the AI cars and were also awarded the points for 2nd

cars just generally ghosting out lagging about all over the place during races like on 2015

that'll do for now ;)

seriously the game is fundamentally great but when the main part of the game for us is online what with leagues and enjoying sprints together, it just brings the whole experience down!

BUG:
----------

Just now did 25 % race in Spain with one shot quali.
Did 1 stop race and starting with Med and then Softs for final 5 laps. where as all others did normal softs followed by medium.

But I was disqualified for not using compulsory tyre compound where i actually used Med.

@SayerUK - thanks for the video and description. We're taking a look at the issues now.

VasuGoud said:
BUG:
----------

Just now did 25 % race in Spain with one shot quali.
Did 1 stop race and starting with Med and then Softs for final 5 laps. where as all others did normal softs followed by medium.

But I was disqualified for not using compulsory tyre compound where i actually used Med.
Same thing happened with my brother in a race in brasil. I used soft then hard and was fine, my brother used medium and hard and got dsq!