Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtually no force feedback on straights with G29

Hi, 

I have all the force feedback settings on 100 and on the straights the wheel feels like a feather. There is no vibration from the road when going fast and no force feedback when turning. The only bit of force feedback that is available is when i hit an apex or another car! Please someone help me fix this because I was really looking forward to this years game and I simply can't play without force feedback! Been playing 2014 up until now because 2015 was awful so is this another waste of my money? 

FFB is all about personal taste. You might want to tune down the wheel weight to 50% and give it a try like that. It is impossible to please everyone.

Turn down the wheel weight? The wheel weight option does absolutely nothing! There feels like no difference between 0 and 100% wheel weight. I like a doesn't wheel weight and the wheel is too much like a feather! 

Still not working, many people are having the same issue and the fixes aren't working. Could it be down to a certain batch of G29's? I live near Birmingham so I could bring my PC and my wheel to your studio/office if you wanted to further investigate the issue?

I have the same issue with my G27. On the straights 5-8degrees of nothing before the feedback kicks in when I turn in for a corner.

I had the same issue with the T150, I managed to improve this a lot by adjusting the advanced wheel settings a bit, I set steering deadzone to 1, and steering saturation to 5. Feels a little bit clunky sometimes as the FFB kicks in hard, but it does get rid of the small FFB deadzone on straights for me.

IIRC, the deadzone on my G27 was pretty huge. I think it's large on the G29 as well. Try turning that up. 

IIRC, the deadzone on my G27 was pretty huge. I think it's large on the G29 as well. Try turning that up. 
Try turning the deadzone up?? That`s doesn`t make sense.  I just checked with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, they may have 1degree of deadzone. Way less than F1 2016. Codemasters, please help me! I tried everything on the forums, nothing helps. 

Thory1991 said:
Try turning the deadzone up?? That`s doesn`t make sense.  I just checked with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, they may have 1degree of deadzone. Way less than F1 2016. Codemasters, please help me! I tried everything on the forums, nothing helps. 
Don't assume that the magnitude of each "degree" of deadzone is equivalent across different games. Turn up the deadzone until it feels better. 

Guys, it's the same with pads (mine is at 100%). Annoying really because I did mention what I wanted to see in F1 2016, and that was more rumble/vibration on straights as no way are they smooth as glass even at full speed. You just have to see the drivers shaking in the monococks to realise there must be some uneven tarmac.  It must be possible to sort this out, because if you go off track on the concrete areas surrounding tracks at various circuits, you do get some rumble, so why can't this be set up for the straights as well?

I take back what I said. There's definitely a force-feedback issue when going completely straight. And I realized that there is actually no force feedback deadzone setting- only one for the actual wheel deadzone. 

T300RS here. Zero FF in a straight line. Hopefully CM will fix this. 

FFB is indeed almost non existent in the center, here with a Fanatec GT2 too: it would be great to have some min force setting.