Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Having a wheel issue? Look in here

I am having a issue with the PS4 game not recognizing my t500RS. Works perfect in project CARS. Firmware updated to latest version. Any ideas?

My problem is on PS4 T500 with F1 Rim
when I go to advanced wheel settings, when pressing the gas and brake pedal (i confirgured clutch pedal to be brake as it is softer), it goes to 100%.

I go play for like 15-20 min then I start noticing top speed dropping and braking weird. Going back to advanced settings, i notice when pressing the pedals it does not go to 100%, sometimes it goes as far as 85%

any idea? I tried increasing the deadzone for throttle and braking, that did not help

Well i have tested it with my G27. After uninstall NVIDIA Geforce Experience F1 2016 still detect my G27 as Logitech Formula One. I have install the Logitech Profiler new without an improvement. The only one is that he dosn't start to calibrate the weel when i start F1 2016

Regards
Dirk

I have a G27 which also isn't working. I've tried all the ideas on here without any change, the game seems to be detecting the wheel as a Logitech Formula Force although the computer and the Logitech profiler both say it's a G27. When I go to track in game both the throttle and brake are half on, if I press the throttle they both go fully on and if I press the brake they both go fully off, so basically whatever happens I come to a complete stop and get disqualified, this is the sum total of my F1 2016 experience so far. 

I've tried the fixes on here and it is the same with all of them, I've tried with combined pedals and without, in the profiler they are working fine but then in game still it's a Formula Force wheel, I've tried restarting the game and the computer numerous times, any ideas?

I'm having issues with two Thrustmaster wheels. The T300 integral and the TMX. When I'm driving sometimes the wheel stops sending a signal to the game for a very short time. It's hard to explain, but sometimes I try to shift up or down and it won't register, and sometimes I brake and the game brakes a fraction of a second later then I did. It's really frustrating and hard to drive consistently this way. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Does anyone have any ideas for my issue? Basically F1 2016 thinks my G27 is a Formula Force wheel, no other game has ever had this problem...

Are you working on the compability with GeForce Experience /Share ? Or should we contact the Nvidia support to find a solution?

Are you working on the compability with GeForce Experience /Share ? Or should we contact the Nvidia support to find a solution?
Is that likely to be the problem? I've already tried the suggested fix of uninstalling the NVIDIA Geforce Experience, it didn't change anything unfortunately, what else can I do?

Is that likely to be the problem? I've already tried the suggested fix of uninstalling the NVIDIA Geforce Experience, it didn't change anything unfortunately, what else can I do?
No, sorry, it's just becauuse of my problems with the Thrustmaster wheel. Luckily i bought the T500RS and I'll never have problems with Logitech wheels again.i'm quite sure that you've already tried it, but I'd try to set the brake and accelerator axles mannually in F1 2016, maybe try it with oth combined and seperated pedals. That's all I could tell you from my bad, old times with the g27.

@SuperCas46 Try the following:

Uninstall the driver for your wheel in Windows Device Manager

Uninstall Logitech Profiler

Unplug your wheel.

Reboot your machine

Install logitech profiler and check your wheel and axis settings in the profiler are correct. (Plug in the wheel when the software asks and use a different USB port as drivers are typically wrote to ports)

At this point it should also add in the new driver for your wheel.

Calibrate your wheel in the Logitech Profiler.

Start F1 and check it picks up your wheel as a G27  - if it still says formula force, try setting it with a custom mode anyway.

Wings05 said:
@SuperCas46 Try the following:

Uninstall the driver for your wheel in Windows Device Manager

Uninstall Logitech Profiler

Unplug your wheel.

Reboot your machine

Install logitech profiler and check your wheel and axis settings in the profiler are correct. (Plug in the wheel when the software asks and use a different USB port as drivers are typically wrote to ports)

At this point it should also add in the new driver for your wheel.

Calibrate your wheel in the Logitech Profiler.

Start F1 and check it picks up your wheel as a G27  - if it still says formula force, try setting it with a custom mode anyway.
I've tried all of these things already I'm afraid and it always just comes up with keyboard or Formula Force as the options even though the machine and the profiler say G27. I've allocated throttle and brake manually but the both just come on together whether or not I have the combined pedals option ticked in the profiler.

I usually play with my old and unsupported Thrustmaster Force Feedback Racing Wheel.
I can't change the key binding after the first set up (ERROR appears in the key bindings). Everything else works well except half dead zone using separate pedals (same from 2015)

I am using a Logitech G27 on pc and it is working fine for the most part. But quite often, when going back out on track (changing the sessions, going to multiplayer, leaving the garage) my wheel gets set from 320 degrees back to 900 degrees. To fix this I have to restart the game. It's quite annoying.

Not my video, but it shows exactly my problem with my wheel "skipping" no problems in other games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKNw007nWM

@DGreco An issue I'm having with the T150 on PS4 is some very inconsistent feedback levels across different sessions. It's hard to explain just how and when it happens, the best example I can give was my career race at China, during the practice sessions FFB felt great and the wheel weight very good, but once I get to qualy and especially the race, it feels like 50% of the weight and feedback was gone, it all felt very floaty and too light, to the extent that I wasn't really enjoying the driving anymore. During most sessions I'd say the FFB and weight feels much nicer in practice than it does in the race somehow, it happens every time after playing for a while.

EDIT: I have to add I always started with these practice sessions first when I started up the game, so it could also be an issue of FFB just reducing somehow after playing for a while and/or doing something, like going to the garage, restart session, using a flashback etc? I'll try and see what happens if I go straight into a race the next time I start up the game.

T300RS on the ps4 version, not a big issue just slightly annoying, when in the car monitor or laptop I can't use L2/ R2 to navigate where applicable, but it works when I'm out on track, a fix I had to do was have the controller next to me if I needed to use those buttons.
just curious if it's my wheel or the game.

L2 and R2 buttons in menus don't work with me on T300RS with Ferrari F1 replica wheel, so I can't see all menus. They do work while driving though. Any suggestions?

Same here L2 and R2 buttons in menus dont`t work with T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim,but they work while driving though.PS4
Please CM fix it.

Problem with Thrustmaster T500RS.  F1 wheel. 
Works on all the old F1 games 2010, 2011, 2012.  plus other Stema games. It used to work. BUT YOU have done something to stuff it up.
Do we realy need this. I cannot play either F1 2015 or 2014. 

Was looking to buy 2016 but if you can not get this issue fixed what is the point of wasting more money whan you cannot fix this appareant  reocuring issue. 
Issue: it stops the car when iut releases control to the driver in game.  nothing can be done i can change gears and press accel. but car sits there. 

What the hell is this?

Is this an in game issue you have created as it worked fab before. So pissed of I can not play with this issue as i like to follow the real F1 races and compare. 

Very disapointed  with codemasters. 

Darust181 said:
Problem with Thrustmaster T500RS.  F1 wheel. 
Works on all the old F1 games 2010, 2011, 2012.  plus other Stema games. It used to work. BUT YOU have done something to stuff it up.
Do we realy need this. I cannot play either F1 2015 or 2014. 

Was looking to buy 2016 but if you can not get this issue fixed what is the point of wasting more money whan you cannot fix this appareant  reocuring issue. 
Issue: it stops the car when iut releases control to the driver in game.  nothing can be done i can change gears and press accel. but car sits there. 

What the hell is this?

Is this an in game issue you have created as it worked fab before. So pissed of I can not play with this issue as i like to follow the real F1 races and compare. 

Very disapointed  with codemasters. 

Please can you create a separate thread for this? Also, we would need the following information:

• Please include your system specs
  • Please check in the advanced controls menu and check that the controller map is set up correctly and that the game is detecting the input from your device on the controller configuration screen.
  • Please try turning your wheel off and on again when on track to see if that restores control.

We are currently looking at wheel issues, but here are things for you to try if you're having issues:

Logitech G25/27:

·         If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. (For now)

·         Restart your PC and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after.

If it still doesn't work:

·         While in Windows, unplug the wheel.

·         Uninstall the Logitech profiler.

·         Re-download the Logitech profiler for the G27 and your OS from here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel#download

·         Plug in the wheel when the program prompts you to.

·         Open the Logitech profiler and go to global device setting, and make sure "report combined pedals" is NOT ticked.

·         Set the degrees of rotation to 360 and David Greco has personally recommend using the FFB settings from top to bottom as follow; 100,0,0,0 and Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games make sure is NOT ticked.

Logitech G29/920:

·         While in Windows, unplug the wheel.

·         Uninstall the Logitech Profiler.

·         Re-download the Logitech profiler for the G29 or G920 and your OS from here:

o   G29 http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g29-driving-force#download

o   G920 http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force#download

·         Plug in the wheel when the program prompts you to.

·         Update the firmware if the Logitech software asks you.

·         If you use nVidia graphics, uninstall the NVIDIA Geforce Experience. (For now)

·         Reboot your PC and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after.

Thrustmaster wheels and any wheel in supported list come up as unrecognized:

·         Always make sure you have latest drivers and firmware.

·         Reboot your PC and try to launch the game. It should work right away. If not, try a second launch of the game right after.

A320pilot said:
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience - Throttle min is 50%, Brakes work fine. Does not recognise the RZ axis correctly.

Can not play game at all in this state
A320pilot said:
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience - Throttle min is 50%, Brakes work fine. Does not recognise the RZ axis correctly.

Can not play game at all in this state
A320pilot said:

Can not play game atll in this state

I have just fixed the issue with my Thrustmaster T500 RS.  F1 2015. 
You need to change the control method to custom and not the default Thrustmaster option.
You need to do this from MYF1 section before you get into game. I have proved this by turinng it on and of  creating the issue and then fixing it.  
try this nad enter the time trial section to prove this works. I have doen it 5 times and  with the same result. 
For some reason the game is not understanding the Thrustmaster control but work fine in custom mode. 

Codemaster you need to look into this area. if you change the control from the menue when on track it fails.  MUST be changed in MYF1 section to custom controls.  EVERY one please tryt this with your respected controler. USE customer   re-map  (press F1)

@Darust181 - thanks for the info. We'll have a look at what is happening here.