Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Having a wheel issue? Look in here

@DGreco An issue I'm having with the T150 on PS4 is some very inconsistent feedback levels across different sessions. It's hard to explain just how and when it happens, the best example I can give was my career race at China, during the practice sessions FFB felt great and the wheel weight very good, but once I get to qualy and especially the race, it feels like 50% of the weight and feedback was gone, it all felt very floaty and too light, to the extent that I wasn't really enjoying the driving anymore. During most sessions I'd say the FFB and weight feels much nicer in practice than it does in the race somehow, it happens every time after playing for a while.

EDIT: I have to add I always started with these practice sessions first when I started up the game, so it could also be an issue of FFB just reducing somehow after playing for a while and/or doing something, like going to the garage, restart session, using a flashback etc? I'll try and see what happens if I go straight into a race the next time I start up the game.

I have the same Problem with my G29,

@DGreco An issue I'm having with the T150 on PS4 is some very inconsistent feedback levels across different sessions. It's hard to explain just how and when it happens, the best example I can give was my career race at China, during the practice sessions FFB felt great and the wheel weight very good, but once I get to qualy and especially the race, it feels like 50% of the weight and feedback was gone, it all felt very floaty and too light, to the extent that I wasn't really enjoying the driving anymore. During most sessions I'd say the FFB and weight feels much nicer in practice than it does in the race somehow, it happens every time after playing for a while.

EDIT: I have to add I always started with these practice sessions first when I started up the game, so it could also be an issue of FFB just reducing somehow after playing for a while and/or doing something, like going to the garage, restart session, using a flashback etc? I'll try and see what happens if I go straight into a race the next time I start up the game.

I have the same Problem with my G29,
same problem with T300rs (settings 100/100/100) , at baku after the castle absolutely no ffb sensation , and on the other tracks you need to be very sensitive to feel something.

@DGreco  hey david, i am at the end of my options here and i still have the wheel cut out in the middle of gameplay (online) but also offline
the game runs stuttery as soon as a mode wehre more cars are involved is played and online is the worsed part of it all.
im running a thrustmaster t300rs, f1 rim, t3pa pro pedals   ,  my pc is a i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz, 8 gigs of corsair vengeance ram and a asus GTX 760 OC II
the game doesnt take up more than 2 gigs of my ram memory and my cpu is running less than 50% when running this game so it cant be the pc specs
yet my wheel has been cutting out on me ever since patch 2 and onward and i cant get it to work anymore.
ive unistalled geforce experience, dont run any other program besides f1 and steam. no other usb devices are plugged in but it still happened.
i hope you can help me as i have no idea where to go from here and the leagueraces in AOR start in less than a month.
Marco FD

Timm53 said:
I have just done the latest update for the game on the ps4 and found my Logitech G29 wheel not responding. Buttons are okay but no wheel. Car goes straight over to the left. Everything was great up till the update.
I have the same problem. The car only steers to the left. In the menu it says steering -100.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem. 

First of all, my gaming system is the PS4.  My wheel system is the Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base, Clubsport GT Steering Wheel with Universal Hub, Clubsport V3 Pedals and Clubsport V1.5 Sequential Shifter.  It worked just fine with F1 2015 but does not work for F1 2016.  Any ideas?

Scoteeboy said:
First of all, my gaming system is the PS4.  My wheel system is the Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base, Clubsport GT Steering Wheel with Universal Hub, Clubsport V3 Pedals and Clubsport V1.5 Sequential Shifter.  It worked just fine with F1 2015 but does not work for F1 2016.  Any ideas?
your wheel is too old, you need to buy a new one ;)

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/187/playstation-compatibility-update/p1

Hi @Scoteeboy unfortunately Fanatec wheels are not supported by F1 2016. Google will help you find our more about this situation, sorry I can't be of more help.

Can anyone clarify this strange stuttering\input lag thing with steering wheels after installing Win 10 anniversary update? I keep losing feedback every few seconds for a very brief moment and then it comes back on again. Lots of people reported this
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46156/f1-2016-pc-wheel-input-cutting-out-every-few-seconds-g920#latest

barca9 said:
Can anyone clarify this strange stuttering\input lag thing with steering wheels after installing Win 10 anniversary update? I keep losing feedback every few seconds for a very brief moment and then it comes back on again. Lots of people reported this
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46156/f1-2016-pc-wheel-input-cutting-out-every-few-seconds-g920#latest

I feel like I've fixed the problem by downgrading from Windows 10 Version 1607 back down to Windows 10 Version 1511. Now I'll just have to block the automatic upgrade until this is fixed. If you want to do the same, I think you have 10 days after your 1607 upgrade to go back to 1511, otherwise it's gone.

So I have a brand new Thrustmaster FRW Red Legend Edition and I have an issue with the pedals. I can only use 0 percent throttle and brake when not pressing the pedals and get 100% when no matter how much pressure i put. Please fix this... cant really play this way...

Lozzy said:
Hi @Scoteeboy unfortunately Fanatec wheels are not supported by F1 2016. Google will help you find our more about this situation, sorry I can't be of more help.

Can you please clarify that statement based on the information found here???

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43835/f1-2016-supported-wheels/p1

Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1

Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 (F1 rim)Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
Fanatec CSR EliteThrustmaster T100
Fanatec Porsche 911 CarreraThrustmaster T150
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

barca9 said:

i have this problem with win10 since release, not a single comment about it. sadly i couldnt get a refund.

having issies with my G29 on PC after the last patch.  Was working perfectly now I have an issue that I cant turn the wheel enough to get round any sharp corners.  The turning circle has been reduced and cant work out why.  I've changed the axis in the Logitech software to 390 rotation and before the patch it was perfect.  Now post patch I cant even play the game

rnxdn said:
Timm53 said:
I have just done the latest update for the game on the ps4 and found my Logitech G29 wheel not responding. Buttons are okay but no wheel. Car goes straight over to the left. Everything was great up till the update.
I have the same problem. The car only steers to the left. In the menu it says steering -100.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem. 
I have exchanged the wheel at the store. This is a problem that could not be fixed in the store.

Thrustmaster t80 is so glitchy and unrealistic to drive with, it's a freaking joke!!

i have tried every possible wheel and car set up and it's still s%+t. 

DO NOT BUY THIS WHEEL IF YOU WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE ONLINE....

Please add more advanced custom Wheel options to manual adjust each Wheel. I have XBOX Wireless Speed Wheel and it´s unplayable. Really slow reaction and always some arcade assist I can´t take off.

Please let me know if you need something from me. I really changed everything available, but if you need me to try something, just let me know.

Regards.

having issies with my G29 on PC after the last patch.  Was working perfectly now I have an issue that I cant turn the wheel enough to get round any sharp corners.  The turning circle has been reduced and cant work out why.  I've changed the axis in the Logitech software to 390 rotation and before the patch it was perfect.  Now post patch I cant even play the game
I have this issue and got partial relief, and apparently better tyre wear taking off some (most not all)  of the toe in from the default setups I usually use (do F1 cars have toe in, I wonder?). G27, PC

@Lozzy im having issues with the thrustmaster TX. my wheel is dead straight but in-game, the steering is at 3. I am loosing time as I always have to adjust the steering on a straight & my tyre wear is much worse now

I had some familiar problems with my T300rs with F1 rim, PS4. The wheel was dead center by manually calibrating after powering it up and in the game it showed 0 in the menu. And still it went to the right in the game at the straights.  It´s fixed by doing two things.

I´m not 100% about this one but it´s worth trying. I hooked the tT300 up to the PC and gave it a few wirls in the control panel and then made sure everything was dead center before unhooking it. After this I´m fairly certain the wheel did not deviate to the right anymore. 

I also noticed there was a tiny bit of loose movement when touching the rim. Maybe 2 mm of movement up and down. That caused the wheel to be unsteady by touching it. And ofcourse Force Feedback would trigger it. This was simply solved by turning the plastic ring between the rim and the base. I could twist the ring perhaps only a few centimers to the left untill it wouldn´t go any further. 

This thread helped me .
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/2669-t500rs-loose-wheelsteering-shaft/

Disclaimer: After a few hours of comparing I do have to say that the pad keeps the car more more dead center at medium and high speeds whereas the T300rs with F1 rim still tends to weave a tiny bit back and forth at medium and high speed and finally stabilizes at top speed. It´s quite easy to see looking at the pitot tube on the nose. Not sure if this is due to the nature of FFB on a wheel, the plastic F1 rim or perhaps something else.

I have a Ferrari 458 Italia wheel with the Ferrari 2011 F1 rim & it doesn't work. Anyone now how to make it work on F1 2016?

Platform: Xbox One

Steer:
Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 (F1 rim)

Problem(s):
80% of the time no FFB when starting the game. Sometime if have FFB but alt-tab out of the game back and lost the FFB
Weel angle/sensitivity in set in window wont apply if i start racing, after 2-3 turns its applyed.

Have read that running at 144 Hz screen is a problem but setting to 120 Hz ofr even 60 hz wont work.

The game shows my wheel, but I can not config..the video shows the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZRveHwdcok

So how many hours to config a dam wheel..waste of time and money nearly 50 quid for pc downloads..gees i never lean. Mug or mugged....!

I would suggest using the Thrustmaster control panel program on the wheel to check it has the latest firmware. Also you need to check the settings using the control panel because your video shows the brake defaults at 49% which is incorrect it should be zero. I suspect you have the box ticked that links the brake and clutch together maybe?