Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Having a wheel issue? Look in here

@Cheezkape: did you select the F1 rim at the settings? 

It's at the button mapping menu. 

Any news on the new csl fanatec . wheel not recognized to turn buttons work but won't let you steered left and right 

Has anyone figured out how to use the two d-pads as different button assignments and is it possible?
Also for the thumbwheels.

@Lozzy?

Is it possible with the T300RS with Ferrari F1 Wheel (PS4) use different functions on the two d-pads and the thumbwheels (red arrows)?

At the moment the D-pads directions are the same if you configure them through the settings menu.

I've just started playing F1 2016 on PC, I normally play on Xbox, and I've noticed the FFB is very different. On PC, it feels like the FFB is only working at 25%. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX with F1 rim, with 100/100/100 settings, same on both Xbox and PC. Any idea how to fix this or is the FFB just poor on PC? 

xFitcho said:
I've just started playing F1 2016 on PC, I normally play on Xbox, and I've noticed the FFB is very different. On PC, it feels like the FFB is only working at 25%. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX with F1 rim, with 100/100/100 settings, same on both Xbox and PC. Any idea how to fix this or is the FFB just poor on PC? 
The FFB on PC indeed very poor, and more and more people are starting to realize it. I've been saying it for months now.

I just purchased F1 2016, and attempted to play it for the first time last night.  I'm having an audio issue (already posted in the correct forum), but I'm also experience a problem with the game detecting my steering wheel.  I"m using a Hyper Stimulator cockpit, which uses their own non-force feedback steering wheel.  After quite a bit of tinkering and changing settings, I managed to get the game to recognize all controls except for the steering wheel.  At first, I wasn't able to set any steering input for "turn left" and "turn right," but eventually I did get the game to recognize "turn right" as the "z+" access...the problem is that I can either map left or right to that access, but not both.  Basically I can turn in one direction but not the other.

I was wondering if anyone has experience anything similar (and found a solution), or if perhaps there's an xml config file I can manually edit to force the game to use the correct axis for both left and right turns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys,

I've tried everything which was officially suggested but re-installing my Win10... still there are no real FFB effects (actually wheel weight!) with my G29.

More precisely...

•  if I set the "Centering Spring" in Logitech Gaming Software then it works within the game, but of course it is a cheat, since it is not controlled by the game and the feeling is far from perfect
  • The "Vibration" effects (in-game setting) seem working, like the crashes and the rumble when I go off track
  • BUT... the "Force Feedback" effects seem completely ineffective, particularly the setting "wheel weight" does absolutely nothing, and it is extremely annoying since it is supposed to give the 80% of that "F1 car feeling" I purchased this game and my G29 for in the first plase.
I'm pretty sure that it is a bug, since it is absolutely perfect in Project Cars and in other games like ETS2.

Please advise!

Hi, I wanted to ask, does anyone know if a Sidewinder joystick would work on F1 2016?

Problem with Thrustmaster T300rs not working correctly in F1 2015 PC.  It has been working correctly up until a couple of weeks ago.  Seconds into a race or practice, I lose all control of the wheel and pedal inputs.  I've tried updating  Thrustmaster firmware, turning off and on while on track, and any other tips and tricks posted in the codemasters forums.  Nothing has fixed this recent problem.  Here are my specs: Alienware Aurora R3, Intel Core i7-2600 @3.40 GHz, 12 GB memory, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 

I have just bought F1 2015.
Game runs fine with keyboard, but as soon as i plug my Logitech G29, I start to see some control spikes like:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/8440/pc-steering-wheel-input-locking And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKNw007nWM
Also even if I just have the G29 plugged, but only use the keyboard controls.
First then i unplug the G29 and reopens the game will the spikes stop.
The G29 is working fine i other games like ProjectCars.

Thrustmaster 300RS, R2 & L2 buttons does not work (F1 2016, PS4) in menu. I have to use controller with the wheel.  Not nice.

Why AI-cars can overtake me during the safety car, if I go slow, without any penalty? If this happens I can't take my position back without penalty.

When I start PS4 from 'Standby' mode, wheels force feedback does not work correctly. I have to unplug USB and connect it back then it's ok. Same issue is in Dirt game. Same issue is with PS3, but it's not the console, because GT6 works fine.

Also voted for the pace notes adjustment, but I say it again. This feature would be something new to tell about.

I have F1 2016 for PS4, my steering wheel is Pace Wheel from Venom Gaming, i don´t know why but i don´t have vibration, i go to settings and i can´t click on vibration, any suggestions, please?

I have a french version of  F1 2016 and before the starting of the race the screen says ''Débrayer (maintenir LNG_UNASSIGNED_BUTTON')'', wich means ''De-clutch and maintain LNG...''. What is this stuff??? Can play all my other games but this one (wich I paid for). My wheel is a Saitek R100. The drivers are up to date but it's an old wheel. I have installed, cleaned and reinstalled many times many versions of the GPU drivers (GTX 1050 TI), of the GeForce Exp software, etc. Tired and pissed off! What is wrong with this game???

Dominikov said:
I have a french version of  F1 2016 and before the starting of the race the screen says ''Débrayer (maintenir LNG_UNASSIGNED_BUTTON')'', wich means ''De-clutch and maintain LNG...''. What is this stuff??? Can play all my other games but this one (wich I paid for). My wheel is a Saitek R100. The drivers are up to date but it's an old wheel. I have installed, cleaned and reinstalled many times many versions of the GPU drivers (GTX 1050 TI), of the GeForce Exp software, etc. Tired and pissed off! What is wrong with this game???

Sounds like your wheel isn't supported.

Hold ('Up') Shifter and maintain revs (Throttle) is basically what it means. Manual start.

Dominikov said:

Hold ('Up') Shifter and maintain revs (Throttle) is basically what it means. Manual start.
Hello my friend. Do you mean that I have to buy a new wheel to play F1 2016? If it is the case, playing this game will be much more expensive then I thought... Highly desapointed. Could anyone come with some any other solution?

Dominikov said:
Dominikov said:

Hello my friend. Do you mean that I have to buy a new wheel to play F1 2016? If it is the case, playing this game will be much more expensive then I thought... Highly desapointed. Could anyone come with some any other solution?
Have you tried a custom control setup? Can only really refer you to this

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2016-supported-wheels/

Thanks Jay, but I have no idea what a custom control setup is in the first place! Whatever it is, I have strong doubts that it's gona work. As for the list, of course, my wheel isn't there. Gona try to find a cheap but newer wheel somewhere, maybe on Amazone, eBay or else. See ya!

Finally, I bought a Logitech Momo Force Feedback 50$ on the web. Was not working. I found another for 40$. I hope this one will be ok. I will test it befor buying it!

Dominikov said:
Thanks Jay, but I have no idea what a custom control setup is in the first place! Whatever it is, I have strong doubts that it's gona work. As for the list, of course, my wheel isn't there. Gona try to find a cheap but newer wheel somewhere, maybe on Amazone, eBay or else. See ya!
custom controller is pressing F1 at the controller setup menu in game , you see that at bottom right of the screen.

I got few bug with Thrustmaster T500RS + F1 add-on and PS4-version. When Time Trial lap start, wheel centre isn't right. When, my wheel is straight, in game its 45 degrees right. I tested by restarting lap many times always same thing.

After that, I started Quick Race with practice session. I go to the track, but Cockpit cam wasn't right, I didn't saw both mirrors, it looked like Cockpitcam offside. I checked setting, but there camera angele was Cockpit. In this situation wheel was very loose, not heavy, I didn't feel anything.

Solution was closing application and starting it again.

Issue with my new thrusmaster ts-pc racer in F1 2016 PC: the wheel is recognized but no FFB at all (works fine with other games).

I´ve just installed F1 2016 on Win 10 64. I´m using a Fanatec CSL F1 Wheel, which is not working properly. The game does detect the wheel, all buttons are working fine, however the steering is reversed. When you steer left, the car will turn right and vice versa. Completely new driving experience. Is there any fix to my problem? By the way, Win 10 handles the wheel properly, left turn will make the wheel move to the left. Also other games work fine, It´s just F1 2016.

knxrc32 said:
I´ve just installed F1 2016 on Win 10 64. I´m using a Fanatec CSL F1 Wheel, which is not working properly. The game does detect the wheel, all buttons are working fine, however the steering is reversed. When you steer left, the car will turn right and vice versa. Completely new driving experience. Is there any fix to my problem? By the way, Win 10 handles the wheel properly, left turn will make the wheel move to the left. Also other games work fine, It´s just F1 2016.
try turning the wheel around so that it faces away from you......????? (/joking)
drive backwards, watching the rear view mirrors????
cross arms over and drive that way. set steering lock to 10% so you dont break your arms???
seriously I suppose one could open the wheel up and reverse the steering wires... 
have you tried a custom wheel setup (press F1)?
I dream of a fanatec wheel.