Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC -- FORCE FEED BACK NEED TO BE IMPROVED

You guys raving about how good the FFB is have obviously not played rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa. Just played all 3 games back to back to compare and F1 2016 does not come close...no where near close... it's like Ferrari vs Manor.
You obviously didn't read my post. All you have to do is a very tiny search of my name combined with simracing or rfactor and you will see if I have played these games.

I just did some laps round Spa in the 2015 Ferrari in Assetto Corsa (to refresh my memory) and to be honest I find f1 2016 to be a far more engaging drive. The car in Assetto Corsa feels bland and as if its on rails in my opinion, F1 2016 just feels more dynamic, challenging, and natural to me. Just my opinion though. 

@DGreco. In rereading some of your posts, I take it you are a / the dev who worked the FFB model. Just want to say that, for me anyway, the FFB model as-is doesnt render the game unplayable, but to be constructive (the pointedness of some comments here is cringe-worthy), I think CM needs to consider an update. There's just a lack of feeling between the tyres and the tarmac in my opinion. I can't really feel the point at which slip becomes grip or spin becomes traction. I don't feel the tyres bite like I do in other titles. I understand that may be a deliberate design-choice, but would hope it's considered for an update. Did you say there wouldn't be one in-year?

FFB from my perspective is very subjective, but I would hope enough users with high-end consumer wheels are saying the same thing that it at least makes the list (whether prioritized or not) for a potential update.

A potential solution for future releases would be to do what Slightly Mad did with PCARS. All forces are represented for users to tweak or not... Appealing to casual gamers or Sim-racers, and all but mitigating, to a large part, the subjectivity factor.

Thanks

DGreco said:
I am really sorry guys, but at 75% weight in game and ff and for 100 in the wheel, the ffb is already clipping. I really don't know what you are talking about. I have got csw v2 at home and I can make it feel good or clipping and just be heavy all the time very easily. I use in game 100 75 70 and in the wheel FF 100 and For 100 all the rest 0 or off. 370 degrees.
Why no DPR on CSW V2? And why 370º instead 360º?

pulpete said:
DGreco said:
I am really sorry guys, but at 75% weight in game and ff and for 100 in the wheel, the ffb is already clipping. I really don't know what you are talking about. I have got csw v2 at home and I can make it feel good or clipping and just be heavy all the time very easily. I use in game 100 75 70 and in the wheel FF 100 and For 100 all the rest 0 or off. 370 degrees.
With the fanatec belt i saw that 360 it actually stops short of 360. In my case 370 was closer to 360, lock to lock. Damper, I do not like dampening, personal taste. As for update on FFB and give more options to the users it can be a suggestion for next year.

DGreco said:
pulpete said:
DGreco said:
With the fanatec belt i saw that 360 it actually stops short of 360. In my case 370 was closer to 360, lock to lock. Damper, I do not like dampening, personal taste. As for update on FFB and give more options to the users it can be a suggestion for next year.
we made that suggestion months ago, you have the detailed options in dirt rally i dont know why they werent implemented in this title, i think its because of it being a revision of the 2015 iteration (with all the improvements of course)

All of you that don't like the FFB, are you using customized car setups or just one of the defaults?

RPD3 said:
All of you that don't like the FFB, are you using customized car setups or just one of the defaults?
I have tried multiple setups on multiple cars and esp. the rear tyres feel very floaty. I see the rear step out but don't feel it. 

The FFB is okay. I don't think it's ever going to be improved. All Codies attention will be on the bug fixes. And at the end of the day, honestly, the detail of physics just isn't there for the FFB to complement.