Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] [F1 2016] [BUG] Sound crackling, distorted and sped up when Sampling Rate is above 16bit/48kHz

Bug Report Form

Description
When starting the game the sound is distorted, crackling and sped up.
It happens when the sampling rate of the audio is set above 16bit/48kHz in the Windows audio settings.
The distorted, crackling and sped up sound is heard throughout the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

System Spec
CPU: AMD FX-8370
GPU: AMD Radeon R 390 8GB
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Headphones: Sennheiser PC 350 SE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR 3

Steps to reproduce
Set the sampling rate of the audio in Windows to 24bit/96kHz or 24bit/192kHz -> start the game -> listen to the Sound throughout the game. -> distorted, crackling and sped up sound
Set the sampling rate of the audio in Windows to 16bit/44kHz or 16bit/48kHz -> start the game -> listen to the Sound throughout the game. -> sound is normal as it should be
There might be other sampling rates above 16bit/48kHz affected by this bug.

Your recent history of races 
only offline, Quick Races and Time trial

Version of the Game

Which graphics preset were you using?
Ultra High

My specs :27" HP Z1 All-in-one 2TB SSD, 980M, 32GB Mem. IntelR XenonR CPU E3 1245 V2 @3.40Ghz Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

I am having the same issues. The video runs smooth but sound and voices sped up, cracked and barely hear anything. I have had F1 2013,14 and zero issues. As soon as i start F1 2016, the sound runs cracked, plays like its on fast forward.  Thanks 

I´ve the same issue but just when i start a race. The sound at the intro and through the menu is normal.

PC runs on Windows 10 x64 with AMD Phenom x4 925 Processor 2.80 GHz, 8.GB Ram and Geforce 970. Motherboard MSI 770-G45. Please help

Sorry for the thread necro'ing but i think i have relevant information:

I was having what sounds like the same exact issue and i resolved it with the same exact steps given in the OP. But it was in a completely different game! I had this issue with Tom Clancy's The Division.

My Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
Motherboard: GA-X79-UD3
Soundcard: None, i use the onboard sound of the motherboard (but it did come with "Dobly Home Theater V4" stuff and i have that installed)
Headphone: Sennheiser HD 419 (i think)
RAM: DDR3 - 32GB (4x 8GB) / Corsair Vengeance Pro (CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R)

Hopefully this helps others who have the same kind of issue. I arrived at this thread by Google and hopefully my post will help others too.