Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not having your name accepted? Tell us here!

Hey,

We had some reports of player's names not being accepted. If this has happened to you (post today's patch on PC if you're playing on PC), could you please tell us what name you entered?

Thanks,

Jenny

In that case I'd recommend sending a PM to one of the Codemasters staff on the forums and we will ensure that it gets looked at. 

Hiya, my surname 'Kennedy' isn't being accepted. It seems to be the 'Ke' it doesn't like as I can put 'ennedy' in fine? On PS4. Cheers

I'm Italian, my Surname is "Pavanello" and it is not accepted.
If I insert "Pava" it's ok, but with the complete surname the game does not accept.

My name is palmer it accepts my last name as Palmer but won't let me use pal as the abbreviated name. Silly really.

My name is palmer it accepts my last name as Palmer but won't let me use pal as the abbreviated name. Silly really.
That sounds how its supposed to be. 

Runalf said:
That sounds how its supposed to be. 
Why?
Because Jolyon Palmer already uses the abbreviation "PAL" in real life. Can't have two drivers with the same abbreviation.

Also my mate who has bought the game is having problems, he's not on the forums so I'm adding for him. I can understand why it's not letting him through... 'Hancock'... Cheers.

Won't let me use Manaley on Xbox One.

Just turn the name filter off. It's a single player game, who care what name we choose to use!

My first name 'Vishnu' is not being accepted. I'm playing on an XBOX ONE. Can we expect a patch for this on XBOX anytime soon?