Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not having your name accepted? Tell us here!

peanutt2000 said:
My name is palmer it accepts my last name as Palmer but won't let me use pal as the abbreviated name. Silly really.
Possibly because PAL is already taken by Jolyon Palmer?

Hey @Hoo do you know if there is a timeline for the next patch to fix the name issues? Sorry to bug just wondering if it's a long wait or just start a career as a different name

My surname Marsh isn't accepted. Struggling to understand how this got past QA. Other than this, best F1 game yet. Playing on Xbox One.

Can we get an update from Codemasters on this issue?

My surname Marsh isn't accepted. Struggling to understand how this got mast QA. Other than this, best F1 game yet. Playing on Xbox One.

It seems that every name with "ars" inside it is banned

My surname Marsh isn't accepted. Struggling to understand how this got mast QA. Other than this, best F1 game yet. Playing on Xbox One.

We're resolving this on PC in patches, and we're going to be resolving it on consoles in patches coming shortly.

@F1randokalbus22 That's what I'd determined too. Frustrating, there must be loads of names with 'ars' in them. Overly sensitive.

@jennyannem Thanks for feeding back.

My Surname is 'Atwater' n it's not being accepted. Since i only purchased the game for Career Mode n the use of my real name, i would appreciate the function of what was advertised, Thanks.

Will the names be rectified in the patch? Dont really wanna start a 10 year career without my proper name! My surname is swankie on xbox1

Hancock its the biggest signature on the Declaration of Independence yet Icant use it in the game?? Who besides me and the people sitting in my living room are going to see it anyway?

The game said my family name "Wang" was offensive, but "Wang" is a common surname in China.

I think it's reached the point where we call time on this. Thank you all for your helpful feedback and thank you also for your humour.

Thread closed.