Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2016 PC - input lag on T300RS with pro pedals

MorviousNL

I had many issues with input lag on the T300RS wheel. Sometimes it worked, but I could not finish 1 lap without some sort of input lag.

Steering on the wheel resulted sometimes in a 1 or 2 second delay in game. Same with braking. Shifting wasn't always picked up either.
Even in the menu's the buttons wern't always picked up.

While running the game in the background the Thrustmaster software didn't had issues while I was testing button presses. Also tried different games and none of them had problems. :neutral:

Anyone else have noticed this in game?

I7 3700K 4,5 Ghz
8 Gb RAM
GTX 980 SLI
2560x1440

* Windows 10 pro

T300 (Ferrari GTE, standard pedals) user here and I have no issue whatsoever. In addition, when someone complained of something similar over on the Steam forums, a lot of T300 users piped up saying they had no problems whatsoever.

You're not using USB hubs, are you...?
I will go as far as say that the T300 performs beautifully in the game with really good FFB. You can feel the rear losing grip without any issue whatsoever and you can easily stop it sliding out.

...and I'm not the only one to say that.

I'm not saying this to rub you up the wrong way, I'm only reporting the experience that most of us are getting to get you to persevere and cure your PC issues. :)
Not for the wheel itself no. It is connected to the USB 3 port on the mainboard.
The wheel is only having issues with F1 2016. Pcars and F1 2015 are fine. Thrustmaster profiles is fine as well, even with F1 2016 running in the background.

Like I said, the game looks like loosing its connection with the wheel for split seconds. Windows isn't or I should hear the windows hardware connection sound.

The game detects the T300RS fine (with Xbox buttons layout though). I tried reinstalling the drivers. Wheel has the latest firmware installed. reinstalling F1 2016. Disconnecting USB devices (exept mouse and keyboard).

Uninstalled Nvidia Experience. Diabled Xbox DVR.

Nothing seems to help.
Ok, I seem to have figured out something.

I also followed this thread on the dirt forums and it triggered me:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/20115/steering-input-lag-in-dirt-rally#latest

1: I forgot that my ASUS ROG Swift was connected to USB as well (None of the ports were used btw, normally have a little backup disc connected but not at this time) so I disconnected the USB IN.
2: I disconnected my Steelseries Elite headset while starting the game, reconnected it after it was started. (Only USB device left after mouse and keyboard). I know the Elite can be power demanding on the USB ports.

This resulted in no input lag. I narrowed it down to two possibilities and will look into it later. But according to the headsup of rapster and the Dirt forum topic it seems to be the build in USB hub of my monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
same issues here with my t300 rs, it mainly happens online and is paired with frame stutters the wheel jsut randomly drops away, ive had races online where it didnt happen and the gameplay was smooth as wel but just tonight have had it happen 3 times in 3 lobbies, its a shame cause these issues werent here at launch whatsoever
Rapster said:
I will go as far as say that the T300 performs beautifully in the game with really good FFB. You can feel the rear losing grip without any issue whatsoever and you can easily stop it sliding out.

...and I'm not the only one to say that.

I'm not saying this to rub you up the wrong way, I'm only reporting the experience that most of us are getting to get you to persevere and cure your PC issues. :)
is this online or offline, cause offline i have the same experience as you but racing online changes this scenario alltogether, first of all the ffb online feels different from teh start, and then the frame issues start and then the wheel cuts out.  the pc is not underspecced, i can tell you this never even happened during the beta, or on launchday . these issues started when the game got patched the 2nd time and still holds after the 3rd one.
  • 2 months later...
I have a 1 second input lag on steering inputs with this wheel and f1 2016.   All the time.   Not intermittent.  No problem with the same wheel in F1 2015 or Project Cars so it is not hardware related. Steam have twice rejected my request for a refund on f1 2016 because I have apparently "played" it for more than 2 hours despite my explanations that is shows 4 hours of playing time because it was left open in background while I did some other things between sessions of trying to figure out some way to make it playable, but so far no joy.   Open to any non-USB hardware type suggestions.   With this lag it is completely unplayable.   Any suggestions welcome...

Archived