Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible sound clipping [PC]

I'm receiving a bunch of sound clipping during the race. It appears to happen when i'm around a large number of cars. There is also a consistent static noise when i select time trial on Australia.

Max settings and lowered to high. Also 144hz doesn't work, freezes during loading times. The game is great but these issues are frustrating.

GTX 1080
I7 6700K @4.62
16GB DDR5 RAM

I can confirm I'm also getting this. Its quite irritating when you're trying to race. 

I5 4690k @3.50
GTX 770
16GB RAM

I actually get a massive lag spike when the sound for distant car is *called* .. something fishy going on!

Yeah its such a shame! Everything else is fine, but when you look at the specs of the people with lag spikes and sound issues, it shouldn't be happening. Hopefully we receive a message of reassurance that it will be dealt with and acknowledged.

Another thing to point out, it seems due to the current sound clipping, its messed up many of the sound volumes. Cars in the pits are at a much to high volume compared to others

RAZINSKI said:
Yeah its such a shame! Everything else is fine, but when you look at the specs of the people with lag spikes and sound issues, it shouldn't be happening. Hopefully we receive a message of reassurance that it will be dealt with and acknowledged.
I made a thread about here:  http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44116/audio-glitch-when-in-pack-of-cars-pc-version#latest

And the audio designer has responded and seems to be looking into it at least.

RAZINSKI said:
Another thing to point out, it seems due to the current sound clipping, its messed up many of the sound volumes. Cars in the pits are at a much to high volume compared to others
That should be fixed in an upcoming patch. The stuttering engine is being investigated, as it's a seperate issue.

RAZINSKI said:
That should be fixed in an upcoming patch. The stuttering engine is being investigated, as it's a seperate issue.
bptrav said:
RAZINSKI said:
I made a thread about here:  http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44116/audio-glitch-when-in-pack-of-cars-pc-version#latest

And the audio designer has responded and seems to be looking into it at least.

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated.